JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What made you laugh/smile today ?

I smiled today when I learned that my long run of work was starting next week... gotta love working from home !  Oh that and the delicious coffee /cake and alone time this morning in the coffee shop

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

3 minutes ago, anniebea said:

I smiled today when I learned that my long run of work was starting next week... gotta love working from home !  Oh that and the delicious coffee /cake and alone time this morning in the coffee shop

I like you smile about the coffee and cake sis Annie :) 

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

We have a visitor from down south, a Red-bellied Woodpecker.  

Red Bellied Woodpecker JWTalk.jpg

Everyday, for weeks now, he lands on the ledge of our picture window and tries to beat the snot out of his own reflection.:wacko:

We figure that he must think it's an interloper to 'his' territory.:uhhuh:

Whatever the reason , we find this loopy bird's bizarre behavior most amusing, and it always makes us smile.YES Grinning.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I am on ayurvedha deworming some worms.
My wife too is on the same tablets.
But i have to take an extra bitter syrup for irritable bowel syndrome.
She has to take some other syrup for fever.
Buy she didn't feel comfortable hence she stopped taking her syrup.
But, i was taking my bitter syrup..
Today, i found out that, by some confusion, my syrup got exchanged and i had been taking her syrup.
First i got angry with her for not looking properly and giving me the syrup.
But a few minutes later she told that my loose motions had stopped and it maybe for her fever syrup.
We had a funny laugh...

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

What makes me smile almost every day is my goofy cat...

Miss Kitty, or her full title 'Miss Kitty Starbright Michael Jackson'...yes, it is a name only a young grandchild could concoct...we just use the short version. 

She is a rescue cat that we are taking care of for Ashley,  Denises daughter. .

Going on 5 years now....

Scott, son in law, made some noises last year about taking her back,  I told him sure, all he had to do was fight me for her---I'm about 8 or10 inches taller and about 80 pounds heavier with a 81 inch reach...

I haven't heard anything back yet. ..lol..

(all in fun..we just tease each other )

I'm not sure who has the most fun, her, or me, when I get out the laser pointer.

She hears the click of the button and her eyes get all dark and wild, she gets all ready to pounce, and that's before she even sees it..

I can get her to run up walls or doors or even up on the couch or bed but one thing she will not do is hit the red dot if it is on me. If I shine it on my foot-full stop...she looks,  then looks at me like  'well?'...

Goofy cat...

I am a horrid jokester/prankster, especially with close relatives but today I held my tongue and only smiled.  My brother in-law had  knee replacement surgery this week and in three months he will go back for the other knee replacement. The Co says "he is like the Energizer Bunny, he just Keeps Going, and Going, and Going."  What I held my tongue about was a suggestion that he might consider the Chinese alternative of transplanting his head on a new body.  His level of pain didn't permit my crude humor.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

On 1/13/2017 at 2:17 AM, tekmantwo said:

What makes me smile almost every day is my ggoofy cat.

I'm not sure who has the most fun, her, or me, when I get out the laser pointer.

She hears the click of the button and her eyes get all dark and wild, she gets all ready to pounce, and that's before she even sees it..

I can get her to run up walls or doors or even up on the couch or bed but one thing she will not do is hit the red dot if it is on me. If I shine it on my foot-full stop...she looks,  then looks at me like  'well?'...

Goofy cat...

I just had to share your post with my hubby and we both got a good laugh.  Our cat, Jamie, was the same way.  Jamie loved his laser light so much that he would meow at me until I would go get it and play with him.  Once he'd run himself ragged up and down doors, halls and walls, he would, at long last, allow me to go to bed.:D

Our other cat acted like the light didn't even exist.  I think only certain cats can see the laser, just like only certain cats can see their reflection in a mirror.^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

14 hours ago, rocket said:

I am a horrid jokester/prankster, especially with close relatives but today I held my tongue and only smiled.  My brother in-law had  knee replacement surgery this week and in three months he will go back for the other knee replacement. The Co says "he is like the Energizer Bunny, he just Keeps Going, and Going, and Going."  What I held my tongue about was a suggestion that he might consider the Chinese alternative of transplanting his head on a new body.  His level of pain didn't permit my crude humor.

Ha, I am glad you spared him a little. ..give him a chance to heal first...you know,  a day, day and a half,  then game on..

As a veteran of the knee R&R club (3 times) I would suggest he  really kneeds to stay on the rehabilitation.  I have really good range of motion but only because I worked for it..I wish him the best in his recovery..

1 hour ago, tekmantwo said:

Ha, I am glad you spared him a little. ..give him a chance to heal first...you know,  a day, day and a half,  then game on..

As a veteran of the knee R&R club (3 times) I would suggest he  really kneeds to stay on the rehabilitation.  I have really good range of motion but only because I worked for it..I wish him the best in his recovery..

Amen to that. Last January I had bilateral knee replacement and can vouch for the benefits of therapy. I had some very good help. I am really glad I did them both at once. I couldn't imagine going back after 3 months to go through it all again like Lynn'so brother in law.

2 hours ago, Dantheman136 said:

Amen to that. Last January I had bilateral knee replacement and can vouch for the benefits of therapy. I had some very good help. I am really glad I did them both at once. I couldn't imagine going back after 3 months to go through it all again like Lynn'so brother in law.

I didn't want to do both at once and in retrospect it was a good call. My 3 surgeries have all been on my left knee and it was the first Dr. that did a bad job that resulted in my other 2 surgeries to fix his mess. If he would have done them both?..at once? ...I shudder to think about that. ..If he did both at once I think he would have doubled his experience in one day...I was /am not happy about it. 

I am glad yours is good,  and Lynns BIL as well. I got mine done for the same reason,  to fix a problem. ..all it did was make it worse X(..

1 hour ago, tekmantwo said:

I am glad yours is good,  and Lynns BIL as well. I got mine done for the same reason,  to fix a problem. ..all it did was make it worse X(..

The fear of knee replacement was the very reason I retired out of the Cement Mason trade. I had both knees torn meniscus operated on within two months and that was enough to help me decide it was time to hang up the trowels. Ten years later, I know I made the right decision.

What makes me smile?

Any time I get to the end of the day without tripping over my tongue, hurting myself, breaking something or generally not doing or saying anything stupid, is a good day. I smile...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

What makes me smile?

Any time I get to the end of the day without tripping over my tongue, hurting myself, breaking something or generally not doing or saying anything stupid, is a good day. I smile...

If only we could walk in your shell for a day........

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Good-O said:

Right by my outside door,  a wren bird laid two eggs.  Both have hatched and every time I look  at the nest both  birds have their mouths open.  .....................kinda reminds you of your children when young.  LOL.  

I clearly need new glasses.  I went to take a picture and I have four (4) baby birds!  All the mouths are open.  So pretty and sweet; am surprised the cat hasn't found them yet.  

On 10/25/2016 at 6:17 AM, anniebea said:

What kind of work do you do from home?

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

• 2 months later...

I'm smiling today because, one week later, I'm still on a high from the RC:D  I received the best hospitality from my host family and I could not thank them enough for their kindness. They even insisted, and I agreed, to stay a few more days after the convention to meet other friends, attend their local congregation and just chat about old times.  The day that I left to retun home we exchanged gifts and souvenirs, hugged, shed a few tears and promised to stay in touch.  You know what  was the most amazing thing for me was?  That when I initially prayed to Jehovah some 6 or 7 months back about this matter, he answered my prayer and gave me more than what I asked for!  (What's the old saying?..."When one door closes, another one opens.")  ^_^

Phillippians 4:6 & 7 means so much to me now than it ever did in years past. I remain grateful to Jehovah--forever! :bible2:

• 1 month later...

One Korean man kept saying Jesus saves. When I passed him, he asked me: Do you believe in Jesus? I said yes, And added: "Jesus is Jehovah's servant and heavenly king!" He made such a funny face out of surprise that I hardly managed to control myself not to laugh but I smiled. His face was shockingly funny. :D 

Edited by Guri