JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"Draft Our Daughters" Bill Passed

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2705 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

27 minutes ago, EverlastingLifeInView said:

I can't believe I will have to sign up for the draft. I'm going to have to do some research just in case I go before a judge in the future. This makes me think of our poor dear brothers in South Korea being jailed for their faith. 

Well, it says that "the policy would not apply to women who turned 18 before 2018" so, unless you are 16, I guess you've escaped. :)

I didn't realise that men in the U.S. were being drafted!! How does this differ from South Korea, for example?

EDIT: Sorry! I just realised this is to register for the draft. You're not actually being drafted, just put on a list for a future draft. It's still a horrible situation to be in.

Edited by niall

3 minutes ago, niall said:

I didn't realise that men in the U.S. were being drafted!! How does this differ from South Korea, for example?

Actually, no one is being drafted for many years now..the requirement is to register..then, if in the future the draft is initiated, both men and women could be drafted.:o

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

This makes me sick for the little sisters! The scriptures state women are weaker vessels. This would mean any young sisters from 12 years and younger will have to eventually register and could be drafted into the military in the future. This system is sickening!

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/senate-bill/2943/text

You can follow the progress of this bill at the above website. You'll note it is NOT a law yet and probably will not become one anytime soon. This election the Democrats have been painting the Republicans as fighting a war against women. Surely, they will not pass a bill like this until WAY AFTER the election IF ever.

Just a note about US law making: A bill passed in either the Senate or the House has to ALSO be passed in the other (it must be exactly the same wording both have to pass OR they have to reconcile the 2 version and then pass the reconciled version in both houses) AND then get sent to the President who must sign it BEFORE it becomes law. If he veteos it, it starts all over until he does or 2/3 of BOTH houses pass it. So far this has only made it passed the Senate not the House and hence not to the President.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

10 hours ago, trottigy said:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/senate-bill/2943/text

You can follow the progress of this bill at the above website. You'll note it is NOT a law yet and probably will not become one anytime soon. This election the Democrats have been painting the Republicans as fighting a war against women. Surely, they will not pass a bill like this until WAY AFTER the election IF ever.

Just a note about US law making: A bill passed in either the Senate or the House has to ALSO be passed in the other (it must be exactly the same wording both have to pass OR they have to reconcile the 2 version and then pass the reconciled version in both houses) AND then get sent to the President who must sign it BEFORE it becomes law. If he veteos it, it starts all over until he does or 2/3 of BOTH houses pass it. So far this has only made it passed the Senate not the House and hence not to the President.

Wow Jerry! I'm sure glad you are always nearby to help keep things in perspective! ...Especially for some of us emotional sisters!:uhhuh:

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif