JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How tall are you?

I was 5 foot 6 and a half inches when I was measured for my high school graduation gown.

I am now 5 foot 5 inches.

So I've shrunk an inch. 

I have degenerative disc disease which, most likely, explains why I'm shrinking.

I blame the degenerating discs on all the thousands upon thousands of hay bales, and rocks, I've hefted over forty years of farming.

I just need to remain tall enough to get on all the really fun amusement park rides.:D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

58 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I am just as tall as I need to be for my height.

If I stand on my tippy toes and stretch, I'm just a little shorter than that - but if I jump, maybe?

Edited by timpin

2 minutes ago, timpin said:

If I stand on my tippy toes and stretch, I'm just a little shorter than that - but if I jump, maybe?

Maybe, but if I was shorter or taller then I wouldn't be the height I am now. I'm just the right height for my height. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

8 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Maybe, but if I was shorter or taller then I wouldn't be the height I am now. I'm just the right height for my height. 

Today I'm the right age for my height   ...   but only yesterday I wasn't the right height for my age - tomorrow worries me!

Edited by timpin

My height had decreased through the years. I went from 72 and 1/2 inches down to little over 71 inches. Had my hip replaced and once again I was over 72 inches foot tall.

I didn't mention it to my surgeon, I was afraid he would charge me extra.:)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

1 minute ago, Musky said:

6' and my feet touch the floor when I stand, so I am the correct height for me.

Flat foot uh? F4 - that will keep you out of the military. Must make you mad to think about how much taller you'd be if you had arches!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Flat foot uh? F4 - that will keep you out of the military. Must make you mad to think about how much taller you'd be if you had arches!

Umm, I'll remind you that it was you who said their arches had fallen not I. My arches are intact and standing tall thank you very much. :)

My feet are as flat as a ducks which is good for me because my favorite shoe is the chuck taylor allstar. A lot of people I know with arches in their feet can't wear this shoe because it hurts their feet.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

1 hour ago, Musky said:

6' and my feet touch the floor when I stand, so I am the correct height for me.

My husband just bought me a pair of OOMAS flops and they are fantastic! Much better than croc's.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

19 hours ago, shali said:

My husband just bought me a pair of OOMAS flops and they are fantastic! Much better than croc's.

I bet they look great on you, What color?   ...   I for one would love to see you in a pair   ...   anyone else? :dance:

5'7" now, I used to be 5'8" however my feet grew as my height diminished. They went from size 8 to size 10. So on my tip toes I'm still 5'8". :lol:

Edited by GrumpysWife

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

I am 5'7.5" Have been since 12 years old. I didn't really like that because I was always the tallest kid in school. Kids teased me and called me Olive Oyl because not only was I tall, I was also skinny. This left me with an inferiority complex all during life. But now, I know that Jehovah would never make fun of me! So I don't think I have the inferior complex anymore but I don't like too much attention. My story and I'm sticking to it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

9 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I'm 4' 23", I use to be 5'12" but I shrank after I got married...:)

Probably hereditary. ..I think pops was that way too..

A few years back I asked him how tall he had been,  I always figured he was over 6ft something.  He told me he never got taller than 5'-11"..

11 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

Probably hereditary. ..I think pops was that way too..

A few years back I asked him how tall he had been,  I always figured he was over 6ft something.  He told me he never got taller than 5'-11"..

He just looked taller to us....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D