JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Magnitude 5.0 earthquake hits central Oklahoma

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2718 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I'm here in Okla.  My husband felt it, heard (and he's hard of hearing) the rumble.  He was in living room; I was in kitchen.  I never heard or felt anything..kinda odd.  Even a little more odd is my cousin lives in Cushing, OK (where it originated) and she didn't feel it either.

5 hours ago, SusanE said:

I'm here in Okla.  My husband felt it, heard (and he's hard of hearing) the rumble.  He was in living room; I was in kitchen.  I never heard or felt anything..kinda odd.  Even a little more odd is my cousin lives in Cushing, OK (where it originated) and she didn't feel it either.

10 minutes ago, Lil' vbug said:

The flowers in my vase shook, but did not feel anything.

Goverment/media conspiracy. When will it stop!!!!!!!! :)

20 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Is it normal to have earthquakes in Kansas? Smaller ones have been happening in the last week, this article said 13.

These days it's 'normal' -- wastewater from oil fracking causes a lot of them.  Actually our weather now is anything but normal.  Tornadoes I've noticed over the last 5 or 6 yrs are in places that have never had them.  Man ruining our earth :X although it was foretold.

2 hours ago, SusanE said:

These days it's 'normal' -- wastewater from oil fracking causes a lot of them.

That's why I asked, because I'm not up to date with the geological earthquake zones of the US apart from West Coast Pacific area.  I imagine human activity, fracking most probably, is playing a part then.

It's probably already been posted but I enjoy looking at this sight from time to time when I am thinking of earthquakes. Not as much as before because now my concern is mostly weather and hurricanes here in Florida.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)