JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Anti Trump Protests Erupting

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2679 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/11/09/anti-trump-protests-erupt-new-york-chicago/93570584/

Protesting Trump.jpg

NEW YORK - Protesters took to the streets Wednesday in at least five cities to march against president-elect Donald Trump - and numerous college students and faculty leaders took to social media to announce support groups and even postponed exams.

Protests were underway in Chicago, New York, Washington, Portland, Ore. St. Paul, Minn. and several other cities. An estimated 2,000 protesters shouted angrily in downtown Seattle, expressing their frustration at the Trump victory over Democrat and former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, who won 228 electoral votes to Trump's 279.

In New York, thousands of demonstrators blocked off streets around Trump Tower near the busy intersection of 57th Street and Fifth Avenue, chanting "hey hey, ho ho, Donald Trump has got to go" and "p---y grabs back," a reference to taped conversations of Trump making lewd commentary about women. One woman protester was topless while another climbed on top of a tree to see the activity. Taxis, city buses and passenger vehicles stood at a standstill.

"We're (mad) so we're out here in the streets," said demonstrator Omar Aqeel, a 27-year-old film producer who lives in Brooklyn.

Got several alerts on my scanner app that something was going on.

My husband couldn't sleep last night and he's talking about moving to Canada.:uhhuh:

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I could never get why people do things like this when there's nothing that can be done to change the situation. He's been elected president and there's nothing they can do about that! Protesting isn't going to change anything.

Edited by Brother Jack

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

4 hours ago, Brother Jack said:

I could never get why people do things like this when there's nothing that can be done to change the situation. He's been elected president and there's nothing they can do about that! Protesting isn't going to change anything.

Who knows; they could be "paid protestors."

The U.S is not immune to similar scenarios in other countries..The FDS has told us: Be prepared spiritually...stick close to Jehovah and the congregation... Be prepared physically...have food and water provisions and a Go Bag. :coffee:  For ones unable to fill these needs, trust Jehovah will take care of us. Sometimes Jehovah uses not only our brothers, but non-Witnesses to help us.:uhhuh:

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

12 hours ago, Qapla said:

The Canada Immigration site crashed after the election - too much traffic

I guess they will have to build a wall ... yikes 4000 miles...  ;) interesting times

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

I'll be glad when they settle down.  I need to drive for my Uber/Lyft gig and both Tuesday and last night were busts here in Portland.  Protesters literally walking down the expressways, blocking bridges, etc.  It was nice to go home in the evening but I hope they've "protested out" by tomorrow night/weekend.

There is no point to it.  The election is over and final.  People now need to go on with life and try to be nice to each other.  And stay off the roads I need to drive.. :P 

From WBAL NEWS In Baltimore, MD turn out to protest and riot due to Trump Election, another excuse to riot in Baltimore, like this past spring.  Millions of dollars wasted with burning and looting, destruction of private property, businesses, and homes.   One of our brothers tonight in closing prayer, asked for Jehovah's H.S., to be with all of those leaving the hall to be with us because he did mention in the prayer that several hundreds of City people were protesting and could turn dangerous.   Bullets know no name!

Hundreds in Baltimore protest Trump presidency

Police detain 2 people during protests

Updated: 11:58 PM EST Nov 10, 2016

2 minutes ago, Allabord4Jah said:

I can picture martial law being sent out to California and anywhere else people who are protesting and damaging private property and or kill others.  That Iron and Clay really getting to it.    Fulfillment happening before our very eyes, just like Chapter 3, of out Kingdom Rule Book. 

I can't picture President Obama declaring martial law over these protests. Nor can I picture the Democrat Government of California doing that.

You mentioned "killed others" - where has that happened Central African Republic maybe, but US where? 

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

5 hours ago, Allabord4Jah said:

I can picture martial law being sent out to California and anywhere else people who are protesting and damaging private property and or kill others.  That Iron and Clay really getting to it.    Fulfillment happening before our very eyes, just like Chapter 3, of out Kingdom Rule Book. 

Curfews can be imposed without imposing martial law.

Do people really understand what martial law is and what other steps are available as an alternative?

16 hours ago, trottigy said:

I can't picture President Obama declaring martial law over these protests. Nor can I picture the Democrat Government of California doing that.

You mentioned "killed others" - where has that happened Central African Republic maybe, but US where? 

Sorry, I meant to say "they could kill others".   I know Obama will not declare Martial Law, but if it keeps up perhaps the newly elected President might declare it.   Its the last days, who knows how much worse things will get.  And I do doubt that Ca, will be able to break off as a State and become a Nation. 

5 minutes ago, Allabord4Jah said:

Sorry, I meant to say "they could kill others".   I know Obama will not declare Martial Law, but if it keeps up perhaps the newly elected President might declare it.   Its the last days, who knows how much worse things will get.  And I do doubt that Ca, will be able to break off as a State and become a Nation. 

What is marital law?  Under what circumstances in the past has martial law been declared in the US?

52 minutes ago, Musky said:

Matt Dillon, Dodge city, Kansas 1888

:thumbsup:

Good news, I just checked outside and - at least in Las Vegas - the sky hasn't fallen.   :wink:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....