JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Magnitude 7.4 earthquake hits new zealand

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2685 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Oh believe me Lucy THIS SITE take precedence. The dutchsinse site is only keeping my finger on the pulse, along with tvnz, a radio station, geonet and the american eq site.

Dutchsinse is clever at what he does ... but i don't like the surrounding speech so much. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

in moderation sister in moderation. It's easy to get carried away too, this world is a mess, but an expected mess, so none of this surprises me. 

Tom and I have a good survival kit and we can survive a week and help others who 'forget' to do theirs, so that is why im so interested, so we can be there if we need to be.

I've been watching Dutchsinse for about 3-4 weeks now, since our local volcano starting heating up. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Another earthquakes now ... quite a big one.

Still rocking and everything is creaking. Getting a bit scary.

Initial readings are a 6.7 has just hit. ... may be upgraded or downgraded yet.

Edited by Stormswift

I can see the anxiety is palpable for you guys, no one can ever say that they are prepared for it.  Even if you NZ and others have been accustomed to living with earthquakes. Many prayers for you to stay safe and keep positive, and to be able to help others too!

A lot of BIG aftershocks, normally the  aftershocks decrease not increase. 

6.7 centered in South Island, so they would have felt it more strongly. THey will be scared down there ... please pray for the brothers and sisters in the South Island - please.

Edited by Stormswift

1 minute ago, Stormswift said:

A lot of BIG aftershocks, normally the  aftershocks decrease not increase. 

It's funny how they call them aftershocks .... in fact they are another earthquakes as dangerous as initial one

Going to revise my go-back this week ... :yes:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

THis is very interesting guys:

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/

Have a look at the buoys that are active or being bounced around.

(they've downgraded that quake to a 6.2 - thought they would it wasn't as strong as the one last night).

Edited by Stormswift

1 minute ago, Stormswift said:

I only have FOUR volcanoes around me - nothing to worry about whatsoever. 

Are you of anointed ? LOL in this case you can always go up!

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

All within just the last 14 hours.Scared Releaved Quaking in Fear.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

3 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

Are you of anointed ? LOL in this case you can always go up!

I don't mean to be too selfish but I hope you stick around...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I don't mean to be too selfish but I hope you stick around...

Listen we all feel like that about each other, and if something happens to Wanganui, it's happening to a good portion of the country too ... my life is not worth more than any other brother or sister ... if this gets worse and I'll stay here with you all so you know whats going on ... then there will be a lot of brothers and sisters who will need your help by way of prayers ... but it's just as likely to die out as well so lets hope for that scenario.