JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Supermoon (Perigee)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2711 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

12 minutes ago, Skye said:

Anyone currently looking out the window and watching the moon?

Can't, it's cloudy:(

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

I just looked. It's big and bright. I wish I would have looked at it when there was still a little light. It would have looked better. Since light is reflecting off of the moon, I've always wondered... when the astronauts landed on the moon... did they have to land on the dark side of the moon? Can someone please let me know.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

11 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

on the moon... did they have to land on the dark side of the moon? Can someone please let me know.

They just said they landed on the dark side, no one can prove it...:whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Praise Jah! Reminds me of our song this week:  "Father, all your works exalt you. Earth, moon, and stars your glory proclaim." This is why we will never be bored in the New World. I love celestial stuff! I was hiking with my big puppy Captain America in the nature preserve, and saw the moon, it was so huge and so close I gasped! They say the range between Earth and the moon is normally about 221,208 and 252,898 miles. And this month it will be as close as 221,524 miles which is why is looks so fat and so bright. But that's not all they say. The supermoon creates "king tides" from the combination of gravity from the moon and sun being so close to the Earth. I can't wait to see the next supermoon on November 25, 2034...sure hope we will be in the New World then...

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."