JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Protests in Portland, Oregon

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2691 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

It has been an interesting week since the election here in Portland, Oregon and many other cities. As I am typing this out there is a protest of high school kids who have marched from the city center landmark of Pioneer Square about a mile to local Benson High School. They are protesting the President Elect, Mr. Trump. What I find interesting the most is the anger that people of all ages and backgrounds have toward the political system.

This is a good reminder to be ready to share our faith and hope in the only solution, God's Kingdom. If you want more information on these protesters, I  follow local tv  station at koin.com

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

11 minutes ago, Hope said:

I'll be so glad when they stop.  I drive for Uber/Lyft and these protests downtown have greatly impacted my driving gig. :(  It's making me well behind my financial goals for this month.. 

I don't drive due to my disability, but I have gotten alerts from Trimet and C-Tran about all the delays, UGH!

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”