JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"Humans Don't have ten years "

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2676 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Says Guy McPherson. According to this interview conducted three days ago with one of NZ's leading presenters Paul Henry ... we don't have even ten years left on this planet. He is of course an evolutionist so the thought of hope to him is unrealistic, there is no solid basis for hope from his perspective. Definitely food for thought ... and shows where we are heeded if Jehovah doesn't step in. So who is preaching gloom and doom? Jehovah's Witnesses or Scientists who are fully informed of the earths current condition? 

I'd be interested in your thoughts on the interview below.

http://www.newshub.co.nz/world/humans-dont-have-10-years-left-thanks-to-climate-change---scientist-2016112408

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

At least we have hope and understand the situation. Now, who are the doom and gloom proclaimers? We have been talking about the conditions that indicate we are in the last days. Now, what we have been telling regarding the worlds situation is every day news. With no hope. Like my husband says, " There are runnng around like their hair is on fire". (Actually he said ones would do that if a certain male was elected to be president of this country) All the same. Perhaps. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

4 hours ago, Stormswift said:

Says Guy McPherson. According to this interview conducted three days ago with one of NZ's leading presenters Paul Henry ... we don't have even ten years left on this planet. He is of course an evolutionist so the thought of hope to him is unrealistic, there is no solid basis for hope from his perspective. Definitely food for thought ... and shows where we are heeded if Jehovah doesn't step in. So who is preaching gloom and doom? Jehovah's Witnesses or Scientists who are fully informed of the earths current condition? 

I'd be interested in your thoughts on the interview below.

http://www.newshub.co.nz/world/humans-dont-have-10-years-left-thanks-to-climate-change---scientist-2016112408

I've been following Dr McPherson for a number of years now. If you weren't a JW, you would either deny  the science or get sick to your stomach after coming to the realization that the days of you and all your offspring  are significantly reduced.  That's why I'm convinced that we will see climate change damage our planet in ways unimaginable in a very short period of time to the point where Jehovah will be forced to step in, otherwise 'no "flesh" (that includes all animals) will be saved.' - Matthew 24:22

I have no opinion on whether they will come true or not (well if this world was to go on like it is they'd come true) but in the timespan he's talking? I don't know. What I do know is that those who believe in evolution are shooting themselves in the foot .. because their basis of science is giving them no basis for hope, rather a future whether now, ten years , twenty or a hundred - their future is one of humans just dying out.   

He is saying hope is unrealistic, which is in direct opposition to our reality of hope though not yet beheld.  What we have is truly precious.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Basically, he is not saying that mankind will die in 10 years, but rather that in 10 years we will pass the point were it is still possible for mankind modify his habits and to survive climate change. Given the changes occurring to the earth, this may not be unrealistic. In effect mankind is close to signing his own death warrant.

P.S. If the ecosystem starts to collapse, who are the nations going to blame?

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

He believes there won't be a human on this planet in 10years and he talks about it like he is giving us a generous timeline. But then he poo poos on hope and imagines it's not compatible with being realistic. I had an interesting discussion with my atheist husband who thinks hope is a useless emotion/ideal - :scared:  I asked him, well if you had a cancer diagnosed with an 80% terminal rate, what use it hope, may as well curl up and die. No, you do all you can and think positive. He agreed. So hope is something we naturally move to. I mean, the evidence for global warming is there, and he calls it depressing and doesn't think about it. but HOPE is an active ideal/emotion - it puts your trust in something and thankfully we have hope that Jehovah will handle it. We do what we can, but leave what we can't up to Jehovah.

I know man can't predict the time Jehovah will act, but if it's less than 10 years I can't wait. I want this world to be clean from all this pollution, physical, societal and spiritual.

6 hours ago, Jodievt said:

He believes there won't be a human on this planet in 10years and he talks about it like he is giving us a generous timeline. But then he poo poos on hope and imagines it's not compatible with being realistic. I had an interesting discussion with my atheist husband who thinks hope is a useless emotion/ideal - :scared:  I asked him, well if you had a cancer diagnosed with an 80% terminal rate, what use it hope, may as well curl up and die. No, you do all you can and think positive. He agreed. So hope is something we naturally move to. I mean, the evidence for global warming is there, and he calls it depressing and doesn't think about it. but HOPE is an active ideal/emotion - it puts your trust in something and thankfully we have hope that Jehovah will handle it. We do what we can, but leave what we can't up to Jehovah.

I know man can't predict the time Jehovah will act, but if it's less than 10 years I can't wait. I want this world to be clean from all this pollution, physical, societal and spiritual.

Just another version of "Eat drink and be merry, for tommorrow we may die"

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

When I was a child I studied at school that fossil fuels would run out in less than ten years. Thirty years have passed and our cars still work with gas and there are gas reserves for many years.

Scientists love playing God and making all kinds of predictions, often with some commercial or political agenda. It's undeniable that man is ruining this planet, but no human can make any reliable predictions. I hope in ten years time we will be in the new world and will look back and laugh at how naive we were.