2017 Conventions
5 5

28 posts in this topic

When and where is yours?

Some have been told this week. I was hearing from a friend last night that there won't be a convention at Exeter next year but are being assigned to Cardiff instead 

Chris7 and Jonathan77 like this

4 hours ago, marcusth said:

When and where is yours?

Some have been told this week. I was hearing from a friend last night that there won't be a convention at Exeter next year but are being assigned to Cardiff instead 

Any more information? Where are the Exeter A and Exeter B convention congregations moving too? Is it all congregations effected or just a few? I thought they had  a couple more years left on the contract for that convention place. We should get our announcement tonight  so should be interesting.

I don't know all the details. All I can say is that my friend was an Exeter B congregation this year (2016) and they have received their 2017 convention assignment letter for Cardiff

9 minutes ago, Samira said:

we've got our convention dates.....London Excel  B

18 - 20 August 2017........:ecstatic:

I look forward to hearing about the theme of this year's Convention. 

Samira likes this

1 hour ago, Samira said:

we've got our convention dates yesterday.....London Excel  B

Thanks for this.

I'm going to assume mine is one week earlier as we've all been Excel A. Off to the meeting now

ID:12   Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Samira said:

we've got our convention dates yesterday.....London Excel  B

We also has the RC announced,  (unexpected change: no longer at Milton Keynes)  now: London Excel  C  25 - 27 August.  I should have been prepared...We have to 'expect the unexpected'  if you have watched Br Geoffrey Jackson's talk in the annual meeting Part 3 (excellent talk).

Edited by Chris7
Araujo JW, Miss Mouse and William like this

2 hours ago, Chris7 said:

We also has the RC announced,  (unexpected change: no longer at Milton Keynes)  now: London Excel  C  25 - 27 August.  I should have been prepared...We have to 'expect the unexpected'  if you have watched Br Geoffrey Jackson's talk in the annual meeting Part 3 (excellent talk).

Chris, do you mind reminding me which part of Britain your on to pinpoint what part of the old Milton Keynes is coming to Excel?

6 hours ago, marcusth said:

I don't know all the details. All I can say is that my friend was an Exeter B congregation this year (2016) and they have received their 2017 convention assignment letter for Cardiff

Must of been specific to a few congregations as we are back at Exeter B on the 7th-9th July

20 minutes ago, MentalProject said:

Must of been specific to a few congregations as we are back at Exeter B on the 7th-9th July

That is buzzard because my friend and his  parents both were at Exeter B this year and they both are being assigned to Cardiff in 2017. (4-6 August)

A friend from Wales is having their convention (congregations normally assigned to Cardiff) the week afterwards 

58 minutes ago, marcusth said:

That is buzzard because my friend and his  parents both were at Exeter B this year and they both are being assigned to Cardiff in 2017. (4-6 August)

A friend from Wales is having their convention (congregations normally assigned to Cardiff) the week afterwards 

Buzzard?  :confused: Big bird likes dead things.

10 hours ago, marcusth said:

Chris, do you mind reminding me which part of Britain your on to pinpoint what part of the old Milton Keynes is coming to Excel?

Yes, West London. Was M.K. on the 'B' schedule. Soon we can use the Hotel Booking site to see the full schedule.

William likes this

Wondering why there is a 3 Milton Keynes conventions and 3 London Excel conventions????

I'm in a foreign language congregation so will be going to 2 conventions (English & Chinese) and I am glad that the English one is before our Chinese one so I can understand some of it.  I have to wait until end of August for both mine though.

As I understand it, at least for Milton Keynes B, they are only going to use the indoor part of the stadium.  So a lot smaller this year, and no one outside.

On 12/2/2016 at 8:39 AM, Chris7 said:

Yes, West London. Was M.K. on the 'B' schedule. Soon we can use the Hotel Booking site to see the full schedule.

Hotel Booking Site online!

Booked already.......after telephone line was over 30 min busy......

Chris7 and Jonathan77 like this

On 02/12/2016 at 0:01 AM, marcusth said:

I see Exeter is available 30th June to 2nd and the following weekend. Has anyone been to Exeter for the Convention? I Would like to try combining with a short holiday.

William likes this