"Critical Times" by EK Johnathan (SPOILERS)
14 14

64 posts in this topic

On 3/6/2017 at 0:12 AM, Omo_Yeme said:

After "Critical Times, the next book in sequential order is "The Unrighteous", correct?

All Things New comes between. 

bagwell1987 and Omo_Yeme like this

I read the books out of order. 'All Things New,' then 'The Unrighteous,' and now I'm on 'Critical Times,' which is my favourite of the three, because it seems the most believable (in my mind). Hard to put down.

Oh, wow! I thoroughly enjoyed Critical Times, even more so than All Things New and that used to be my favorite! I appreciated how the characters were imperfect, but stuck to Jehovah in the end. I'm right in the middle of The Unrighteous so I have to avoid spoilers for it. EK is an excellent writer, I hope he continues to write into the new system.

I'm not reading any spoilers but HOW COOL! A brother writing stories based off the Bible and the amazing hope we have!! I have to order these! Can someone tell me the proper order in which to read them? I'm going to order them on Amazon now! 

1 hour ago, Whitley M said:

I'm not reading any spoilers but HOW COOL! A brother writing stories based off the Bible and the amazing hope we have!! I have to order these! Can someone tell me the proper order in which to read them? I'm going to order them on Amazon now! 

The order really doesn't effect your experience because each is a separate story.

If you want to read them in Biblical order:

Critical Times covers the period toward the end of the Great Tribulation and just before, during and after Armageddon.

All Things New covers the period immediately following Armageddon (A-Day)

and what takes place in the early New System up to when the Resurrection begins taking place.

The Unrighteous takes place well into the New System, following the Resurrection of the righteous and going into the resurrection

of the unrighteous.  

You will enjoy Brother Jonathan's books immensely!

Don't forget to read Just See Yourself, written by another one of our talented brothers, Brother Walker.   ^_^

On Tuesday, December 06, 2016 at 10:26 AM, trottigy said:

I am 3/4 of the way thru and I have not read anything about a cry of peace and security. That seems to be a BIG missing piece. It should have happened at the beginning before the crack down of religion. Odd. 

There was a mention of it Jerry, which could be in line with the thinking that it is not going to be a cry as such ... but I think Sister Vernalee said a CO had told her that it could be just when they are saying it ... so there's an alternative scenrio which fits in with the story here. 

I've just finished Critical Times and starting on The UnRighteous. Have also read resurrection Day by Bill Underwood, that was fascinating, getting inside his mind (and his wife's apparently) from the angle of technology and scientific developments after the New System was fascinating. Also his well thought out processes to do with the resurrection and having  a resurrection centre in each region that caters for all those being resurrected from centuries earlier right down to Abel's time, without it being a culture shock when they return.

While we all know this is fiction and in my opinion at its best, any one of these scenrios or parts of could well play out, it definitely gives us a more tangible picture that covers points or gaps we may have had previously. If it plays out differently it can only be better with Jehovah's spirit.

And ahem .. Mr. Underwood covers beards and eating meat in a very unique thought provoking way. 

8 hours ago, Stormswift said:

And ahem .. Mr. Underwood covers beards and eating meat in a very unique thought provoking way. 

Can you share a link?  I've not even heard of Underwood's story.

Omo_Yeme likes this