JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

M6.5 - 157km/97.5 mi W of Ferndale, California

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2689 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Wonder why the tsunami alert info says the quake was 6.8?

Must have originally come in that powerful, hey?

And at a depth of only six miles, you'd think it would create some pretty big waves, too. Humph.Scratch head.gif

California quake.jpg.gif

http://www.tsunami.gov/

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

This is local, sort of for me. It was felt on the coast, no damamge, swinging lights. Dogs reacting, no tsunami warning. Someone said they felt it in San Francisco, 300 miles south. An interesting quake for it being so powerful. We are a bit inland. Did not feel it at all. And, for it being so powerful, we should have felt it.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Usgs info of quakes in area for 24 hour period - all magnitudes. 

calif quakes.jpg

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

5 hours ago, Miss Bea said:

This is local, sort of for me. It was felt on the coast, no damamge, swinging lights. Dogs reacting, no tsunami warning. Someone said they felt it in San Francisco, 300 miles south. An interesting quake for it being so powerful. We are a bit inland. Did not feel it at all. And, for it being so powerful, we should have felt it.

We had a 5.0 here in OKlahoma 'bout a month ago.  I was standing in kitchen, husband in his lazy-boy in LR; I didn't feel or hear anything.  He felt and heard.  Crazy how someone a state or 2 away can feel the EQ, but one may not feel it in the state it's happening!