JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Mobile App

Hello brothers ans sisters,

I dont know if there already is similar thread but if not, let us share to one another mobile apps which can be used for personal study, for ministry and so on.

I found very helpful apps such as:

1. JW Library (as we all know and use it daily),

2. Equipd  (One of THE BEST app in my opinion),

3. JW Bible,

4. Equipd Bible.

5 Tanach Bible (If you can read in Hebrew).

I often use above apps for personal study and in ministry and wanted to share the apps with you. :)

Please add your preferences in this thread. :)

I don't like to prepare the CLAM meeting in JW Library, since I cannot add notes or my replies to the questions, so I use Moon+ Reader instead. But I had a dilemma: should I use ePub files, with the advantage that they contain all the scriptures embedded, or should I use PDF files, that allow all kinds of annotations, drawing or whatever?

I found the answer in an Android app named Floating Bible. Apparently it's just one more NWT Bible app, with the advantage of showing two languages at the same time. But the reason why I use it is that it can analyze a PDF file, find all Bible references and embed their text in the PDF.

So I use Floating Bible to add all the scriptures to my PDF file, then load that file in Moon+ Reader. That I have a PDF where I can add notes, draw arrows, diagrams, whatever, and when I touch a scripture its content appears in a box. The best of both worlds.

Edited by carlos

Carlos,

me too I can't use JW Library to prepear meeting material for the same reason you mentioned. I use Equipd app for that. Sadly this app is not available anymore otherwise I'm sure you would like it. The PDF reader is good for annotations and drawings. Do you use YOS or android system based devices?

Edited by Zacchaeus The Short

corrected spelling.

Hi Carlos, 

I liked what you mentioned here:

" So I use Floating Bible to add all the scriptures to my PDF file, then load that file in Moon+ Reader. That I have a PDF where I can add notes, draw arrows, diagrams, whatever, and when I touch a scripture its content appears in a box."

I use "Floating Bible" sometimes, but just along with the "Notes" program that works in concert with it. But I was wondering, when you use this "Floating Bible" to add all of the scriptures to your PDF file, how does that work?

Would you be able to show a visual example of how you do this?

And how do you get a PDF to permit you to add something to it?

Appreciate your help. :)

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

On 12/12/2016 at 8:08 PM, Beggar for the Spirit said:

Hi Carlos, 

I liked what you mentioned here:

" So I use Floating Bible to add all the scriptures to my PDF file, then load that file in Moon+ Reader. That I have a PDF where I can add notes, draw arrows, diagrams, whatever, and when I touch a scripture its content appears in a box."

I use "Floating Bible" sometimes, but just along with the "Notes" program that works in concert with it. But I was wondering, when you use this "Floating Bible" to add all of the scriptures to your PDF file, how does that work?

Would you be able to show a visual example of how you do this?

And how do you get a PDF to permit you to add something to it?

Appreciate your help. :)

It's really easy, Neil. 

First download the PDF file you wish, for example the meeting workbook. Then open Floating Bible, menu, Analyze PDF, select the file you've downloaded. 

In a couple minutes your file is ready to load in Moon Reader or any PDF app. 

Carlos, my brother.

I have been meaning to post and compliment you your fantastic input and contributions to this forum. I am still a little in awe of how really worldwide our group is. When I read of solutions to problems, either personal or technical, it shows how much love and concern our brothers and sisters have for each other and you are outstanding at this. Thank you.

I'm finally writing this because of your suggestions about floating Bible and moon reader. I have both on my tablet but seldom use Floating Bible. I might try to use it more now. Thanks again

23 hours ago, carlos said:

It's really easy, Neil. 

First download the PDF file you wish, for example the meeting workbook. Then open Floating Bible, menu, Analyze PDF, select the file you've downloaded. 

In a couple minutes your file is ready to load in Moon Reader or any PDF app. 

Carlos, does this floating bible work with iPad? If not, do you know of anything else like it?

Edited by Pjdriver

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

48 minutes ago, Pjdriver said:

Carlos, does this floating bible work with iPad? If not, do you know of anything else like it?

Pjdruver,

If you have iPad you don't need to have the  "floating bible" app. :) Just download PDF Reader and enjoy reading and highlighting them; You can underline them and even make notes on them.  You can download the PDF (acrobat) reader app from this link for your iPad: 

Adobe Acrobat Reader: Annotate, Scan, & Send PDFs by Adobe
https://appsto.re/gb/Cxy-B.i

As a sample I have uploaded an image  bellow to show you how it looks with highlights, underlines, note and drawing:

IMG_0894.PNG

1 hour ago, Dantheman136 said:

When I read of solutions to problems, either personal or technical, it shows how much love and concern our brothers and sisters have for each other and you are outstanding at this. Thank you.

Thank you, Dan. I share your feelings, we have a lot of wonderful friends here. 

1 hour ago, Pjdriver said:

I'm sorry, I don't know any iPad equivalent. 

21 hours ago, Zacchaeus The Short said:

Pjdruver,

If you have iPad you don't need to have the  "floating bible" app. :) Just download PDF Reader and enjoy reading and highlighting them; You can underline them and even make notes on them.  You can download the PDF (acrobat) reader app from this link for your iPad: 

Adobe Acrobat Reader: Annotate, Scan, & Send PDFs by Adobe
https://appsto.re/gb/Cxy-B.i

As a sample I have uploaded an image  bellow to show you how it looks with highlights, underlines, note and drawing:

IMG_0894.PNG

David it great for notes and highlighting, but the scriptures are not linked.

Edited by Pjdriver

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

Pjdriver,

Have you tried ibook app? You can highlight text, underline and so on. It also has the Bible verses inbuilt in it, when you click on the Bible verse it will open it.  In other words, 'the scriptures are linked to it'. Thats what you was looking for. :)

So these 2 app: PDF (Acrobat) Reader and iBook are very good to use for our publication if you have ipad.

Edited by Zacchaeus The Short

clarificaiton.

2 hours ago, Zacchaeus The Short said:

Pjdriver,

Have you tried ibook app? You can highlight text, underline and so on. It also has the Bible verses inbuilt in it, when you click on the Bible verse it will open it.  In other words, 'the scriptures are linked to it'. Thats what you was looking for. :)

So these 2 app: PDF (Acrobat) Reader and iBook are very good to use for our publication if you have ipad.

Thanks David. I have iBooks, just never use it. I'll will check it out. :)