JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting January 2017

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2641 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I'm getting finger cramps checking the link....

It is odd that the files are so late. I'm really curious if the brothers changed the way they load the files and create the links since they moved...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I'm getting finger cramps checking the link....

It is odd that the files are so late. I'm really curious if the brothers changed the way they load the files and create the links since they moved...

I'm just grateful I didn't call any friends over to watch the broadcast this evening like I intended a week ago. It's around 4pm here in Nigeria. That would have been awkward.

Sent from my M5 using Tapatalk

It seems they are no longer using the publication codes jwbrd, jwbmw etc anymore, only jwb.

So here is what else to expect in January

jwb_univ_201701_wss_10_lg.jpgjwb_univ_201701_wss_11_lg.jpg

I recognise the first one from an annual meeting.  The next one appears to be another morning worship.  There is also a couple of pictures for February up already, but I'll let someone else do them.

17 minutes ago, Jonathan77 said:

It seems they are no longer using the publication codes jwbrd, jwbmw etc anymore, only jwb.

So here is what else to expect in January

jwb_univ_201701_wss_10_lg.jpgjwb_univ_201701_wss_11_lg.jpg

I recognise the first one from an annual meeting.  The next one appears to be another morning worship.  There is also a couple of pictures for February up already, but I'll let someone else do them.

First picture:

October 1, 2011 Annual Meeting of Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania at the Jersey City Assembly Hall:

Brother Mark Sanderson conducted a memorable session. Sitting in 5 chairs facing the auditorium were 5 widows. All 5 of these sisters had been married to members of the anointed. They were Sister Barber [Carey Barber], Sister Suiter [Grant Suiter], Sister Jaracz [Theodore Jaracz]. Sister Berry [Lloyd Barry] and Sister Sydlik [Daniel Sydlik]. Each sister talked about being married to a very busy husband who worked tirelessly in behalf of others. All commented on how their husbands took time with them and helped them grow spiritually. Sister Barber met Carey while at the Gilead missionary school. They worked 20 years in the circuit work before coming to Brooklyn Bethel. They were married for some 51 years. Before Sister Barry married Lloyd she had served a company servant [presiding elder] in a congregation in Australia. There were no baptized brothers in that congregation for awhile. Later after she married Lloyd, she and Lloyd served in Japan for a number of years. When they first came to Japan there were only 3 baptized Witnesses in Japan. They shared some 72 years of full time service. Next was Sister Jaracz. Sister Jaracz is from Canada. She married Theodore Jaracz in 1956. Eight weeks after their marriage they were assigned to the circuit work in the US South. Ted was invited to be a member of the Governing Body in 1974. Sister Suiter now spoke. Sister Edith Suiter started pioneering in 1946 and married Grant Suiter in 1956. She mused that she never heard him complain about anything. The last sister to comment was Sister Sydlik. Her part was very moving.

She stated what most of us know and that is that Dan Sydlik was a kind, warm engaging person. She said that she missed the quiet times they had together discussing spiritual things. As he was dying he became a little difficult, but she said that her reassuring words of love and firmness was comforting to him. She said that women married to spiritual men have an immense influence on such men and that their words of love and support can do much to encourage, strengthen and comfort them. ‘ Wives, commend your hard working husbands !” Tears could be seen in the audience.

At this point, there was a pause as all stood and sang Song 86 “Faithful Women.”