JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting January 2017

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2640 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This month's broadcast did not disappoint as usual. It's was handled with such enthusiasm by brother Sanderson. Kind of liked he way he had to wear woodis while presenting a talk in Greenland.

When the good news reach as far as Greenland, you know for sure that we have preached to the most distant parts of the land.

The VLC player for windows can display the subtitles embedded in the JW Broadcast MP4 file. The default windows media player can't display the embedded subtitles.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

Subtitles are useful in case you live in a noisy environment and also for those parts where the speakers are not so clear.

VLC player for windows Subtitles.jpg

Edited by WilliamChew

On 03/01/2017 at 5:59 AM, Dalbyj said:

I was so glad to still be on holiday from work today so I could watch it this afternoon .. I absolutely loved the history of William Tynedale and how passionate he was for Jehovah's word - and how they smuggled the translated pages one by one in other (legal) books! It made me appreciate the fact that I have multiple copies of the Bible and I can freely read it whenever I want to. 

As i was growing up, my Dad would always read about these 'medieval' Bible translators and tell my about them.

The following is a link to a BBC documentary about Tyndale: Click Here

The audacity of it was after killing him, Henry VIII used his Bible to produce his own: Click Here

Edited by thebluebaron

Spelling

On 05/01/2017 at 6:31 PM, boodles said:

Doesn't that just make you want to go to Mali? Even for a few months...

Also, really enjoyed the experience of the two who hated each other but are now brothers and best friends, thanks to Jehovah.

That experience was amazing (:P)

31 minutes ago, Grant Adair said:

Jerome, Wycliffe, and Tyndale are all great examples of faith. They did so much to bring God's Word to us.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not all common language translators were English speaking.  Note some like Hus.

*** w97 9/15 p. 26 Part Two—How the Bible Came to Us ***

By 1495 all or part of the Bible had been printed in German, Italian, French, Czech, Dutch, Hebrew, Catalan, Greek, Spanish, Slavonic, Portuguese, and Serbian—in that order.

Dutch scholar Desiderius Erasmus produced the first complete printed edition of the Greek text in 1516.

Jan Hus (1372-1415)…made a readable Czech version from the old Slavonic translation.  [Hus was condemned as a heretic and burned at the stake -g03 11/8]

*** g 12/11 pp. 22-23 The King James Version—How It Became Popular ***

In 1535, Miles Coverdale produced his complete English Bible. 

• 2 weeks later...