JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2017 regional convention theme

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2414 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Today , we read a letter about 2017 convention. Brother mentioned a theme: don't give up (this is free translation from Croatian)
Food in the right time.
Can't wait.

And what's the original theme on Croatian?

2017 will be special for Macedonia. We won't be having a so called 'special convention' but it will be special in every way. Gerrit Lösch will be present and for the first time we will have a Macedonian and Romany Regional convention on the same time in the same avenue. Some talks will be streamed from one hall to the other, most will be held on the original language. I expect around 3000 - 3500 in attendance. The average for Macedonia is 1600-1700ish. Can't wait!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, And_Ray said:

And what's the original theme on Croatian?

2017 will be special for Macedonia. We won't be having a so called 'special convention' but it will be special in every way. Gerrit Lösch will be present and for the first time we will have a Macedonian and Romany Regional convention on the same time in the same avenue. Some talks will be streamed from one hall to the other, most will be held on the original language. I expect around 3000 - 3500 in attendance. The average for Macedonia is 1600-1700ish. Can't wait!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Naslov na hrvatskom je: Nemoj(mo) odustati!

Dragi brate tako mi je drago zbog vas.

Siguran sam da ce te uživati u pravoj gozbi.

2 hours ago, Bosko said:

Naslov na hrvatskom je: Nemoj(mo) odustati!

Dragi brate tako mi je drago zbog vas.

Siguran sam da ce te uživati u pravoj gozbi.

---------------Croatian - detectedAfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianBurmeseCatalanCebuanoChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanKurdishKyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianNepaliNorwegianNyanjaPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScottish GaelicSerbianShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshWestern FrisianXhosaYiddishYorubaZuluCroatian - detected

Title in Croatian is: Do not (can) give up!
Dear brothers, I'm so happy for you.
I'm sure if you enjoy real feast.

---------------AfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianBurmeseCatalanCebuanoChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanKurdishKyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianNepaliNorwegianNyanjaPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScottish GaelicSerbianShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshWestern FrisianXhosaYiddishYorubaZuluEnglish
Open in Google Translate

This is what i got from google translate.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

If this really is the theme of the convention, I'm sure it'll be even more emotional than the "Remain Loyal" series. Imagine the videos and examples of those who haven't given up that could be shown. Imagine another Great Tribulation video series similar to this years convention. I imagine another historic theocratic year ahead of us!

........looks like the convention theme is based on this article.......if this is correct......

even if it is not the convention theme for next year it is a fantastic article for our time

..... though  it was published in 2005 it is so very fitting for our time. It could have been written today!

part of article:

*** w05 6/1 pp. 29-30 Do Not Give Up in Doing What Is Fine ***
Do Not Give Up in Doing What Is Fine
This is particularly noteworthy when we consider the stresses and strains we face during these “critical times hard to deal with.” ........Nevertheless, the apostle Paul admonished: “Let us not give up in doing what is fine, for in due season we shall reap if we do not tire out.” (Galatians 6:9)........
Remember that Jehovah loves you.
Put full trust in Jehovah. Trust in Jehovah is essential, especially when trials seem to be unending or life threatening. We must have implicit trust that Jehovah will not allow any test ‘beyond what we can bear,’ that he will always “make the way out.” Even the threat of death can be faced courageously when our trust is in Jehovah.—
Persevere in prayer. Heartfelt prayer is vital. ...... If Jehovah allows our trial to continue as a test of our integrity, we pray for his help to endure. (Luke 22:41-43) Prayer teaches us that we are never alone, that with Jehovah on our side, we will always come off victorious.
Fine Works—‘Cause for Praise and Honor’
..... we must “not give up in doing what is fine.......Take full advantage of all spiritual provisions from Jehovah to build you up. .....Be regular in attending all congregation meetings, ... A program of daily Bible reading and personal study will help keep you alert and spiritually strong; so will having a regular share in the Christian ministry.—
 Remember, “he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved.” 
 Yes, be determined ‘not to give up in doing what is fine’!

Awesome. I wonder when they'll start to announce the dates for the conventions in the US. Hopefully it'll either be this week or next week. I remember last year we had the date announced during the week of Christmas. In previous years, it was announced the first week of January. 

Edited by MM9106

What an encouraging convention theme! It appears it will be based on one of the following scriptures:

"Therefore, we do not give up, for even if the man we are outside is wasting away, certainly the man we are inside is being renewed from day to day."—2 Corinthians 4:16.

"So let us not give up in doing what is fine, for in due time we will reap if we do not tire out."—Galatians 6:9.

"For your part, brothers, do not give up in doing good."—2 Thessalonians 3:13.

2 hours ago, jscotchie said:

What an encouraging convention theme! It appears it will be based on one of the following scriptures:

"Therefore, we do not give up, for even if the man we are outside is wasting away, certainly the man we are inside is being renewed from day to day."—2 Corinthians 4:16.

"So let us not give up in doing what is fine, for in due time we will reap if we do not tire out."—Galatians 6:9.

"For your part, brothers, do not give up in doing good."—2 Thessalonians 3:13.

Good texts as a theme for each one of the days of the Convention!  

Edited by Araujo JW

On 12/15/2016 at 6:17 PM, nanceebgd46 said:

Thanks Brother Bosko for the heads up....on the 2017 convention theme..."Don't Give Up"......that

seems very meaningful for God's people...at this particular time in history!

what a nice one-two combination!   ...   http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2017242

Our yeartext for 2017: “Trust in Jehovah and do what is good.”—Psalm 37:3

Edited by timpin

12 minutes ago, MM9106 said:

I believe we find out our convention assignments this week in the US. I have my meeting tonight so I'll let you guys know if we got our assignment.

Our congregation coordinator said it would be next week for the letter to be read.  Maybe it is just us.

11 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Our congregation coordinator said it would be next week for the letter to be read.  Maybe it is just us.

Edited by Old

Miss filed erased (I hope)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

35 minutes ago, Old said:

I am getting more likes off something I miss-filed and then erased than most of my posts.

There is a mighty message here, but I can't figure it out. :(

I feel for ya brother,  at least your getting likes. 

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

We are assigned to Green Bay, Wisconsin the Resch Center, right nextdoor to Lambeau Field, May 26, 27 and 28.Happy excited.GIF

ReschCenterSummer.jpg

Resch-Center-1-LR.jpg

The announcement of Convention assignments and dates is sort a' like getting a seed catalog in the mail, YES Grinning.gif

a ray of hope and warmthLOVE Warmth and feeling.gif in an otherwise bleak and bitter winter.Winter Blizzard.gif   

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

24 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

I'm hoping on a late convention... Because I love y'alls spoilers.. emoji6.png

We almost always have our conventions in late July-middle of August. The only year we didn't was 2014 when we had it in late June. We really enjoyed those dates because it wasn't as hot or rainy when compared to August. We're going to the Florida State Fairgrounds Expo Hall for the 3rd year in a row. We went to the USF Sun Dome for 2 years and Silver Spurs Arena for 9 years. 

Here is the first look at the 2017 convention invitation. Nice, professional-looking front page but interestingly doesn't mention the theme. I apologise for the image being so small, but there are no higher resolution photos available on jw.org at this time.

Spoiler

CO-invpw17_E_md.jpg