JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2017 regional convention theme

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2415 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Our congregation coordinator said it would be next week for the letter to be read.  Maybe it is just us.

We received our dates Monday night. However the rooming list is coming later. As of Jan 3, rooms can be reserved via jw.conv.(your city.)

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

8 hours ago, jscotchie said:

Sorry to be pedantic, but is it "Don't Give Up!" or "Do Not Give Up!" ?

Dear ones, to be perfectly clear and avoid any further confusion over proper wording, the OP was 100% correct  - the official wording (from the Branch letter) of the 2017 RC is "don't give up"   ...   for further confirmation of this, please also see posts # 2, 4, 15, 21, 41, 42 and 43   ...   

Edited by timpin

Jamie, hmmm, and this is just speculation on my part, so you might not want to take it seriously.

But since you say that the theme wasn't/ isn't mentioned on the invitation, I'm wondering if it'll be something like in 1935 (? I forget the exact year), when the letters JW was on the convention program, and no one knew what it was about until that famous announcement. 

Oh I'm not saying it'll be like that announcement or any announcement at all for that matter. But I found it interesting when you said there's no theme on it. 

We'll see. Jehovah never leaves us in the dark. 

Edited by Luezette

On ‎28‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 0:10 PM, Old said:

I am getting more likes off something I miss-filed and then erased than most of my posts.

There is a mighty message here, but I can't figure it out. :(

We always try to look for the best in our brothers. :)

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

On 12/27/2016 at 11:48 PM, jwhess said:

My daughter just informed me that their convention is July 28-30 in Toledo Ohio (they have a Tuesday meeting).

Update:  my convention is the same one as my daughter and her family (July 28-30 in Toledo, OH).  Our letter said the theme was "Don't Give Up" as has already been mentioned.  Rooming ONLINE begins Monday January 2, 2017 at 8:00 am EST.

Edited by jwhess

3 hours ago, Luezette said:

Jamie, hmmm, and this is just speculation on my part, so you might not want to take it seriously.

But since you say that the theme wasn't/ isn't mentioned on the invitation, I'm wondering if it'll be something like in 1935 (? I forget the exact year), when the letters JW was on the convention program, and no one knew what it was about until that famous announcement. 

Oh I'm not saying it'll be like that announcement or any announcement at all for that matter. But I found it interesting when you said there's no theme on it. 

We'll see. Jehovah never leaves us in the dark. 

Very interesting idea sis Luezette, wouldn't it be great if they did that one year in the future? I'm sure the rumour mill would be going like mad! :)

However, it seems that it's just that the theme is not mentioned on the front of the invitation; many have had confirmed by letter that the theme for next year's convention is "Don't Give Up!" Love your thinking though :) 

5 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

Is this a "study edition" regional convention? So are we inviting the public to a regional convention to encourage the public Do Not Give Up? Hmm... Something might be a brewing

It's interesting isn't it that recently our convention programs have had more and more specific counsel and encouragement for us as Jehovah's Witnesses rather than developing Scriptural talks that the public can benefit from as well... for example, the statement 'Remain Loyal to Jehovah!' implies that it's directed to those who are already loyal to Jehovah in the first place. 

This year, my grandmother who is not in the truth came along to the whole Sunday program of the convention. She has been to assemblies before, but her reaction at the end of this year's was different. While she enjoyed the Hezekiah drama, she found the Sunday morning symposiums (with the great tribulation videos) to be very 'full-on,' not just because of the nature of the videos but because the information in those talks was primarily for us—talking about bad associations, fear of man etc., and she probably felt a bit confronted by what she saw and heard. I think the more direct nature of our convention programs is definitely a result of how close we are to the great tribulation—the focus needs to be on building our own faith and preparing ourselves for what is to come, not on trying to get as many people as possible to the public talk.

Makes you wonder how long we will continue to have convention invitation campaigns.

On 12/28/2016 at 10:49 PM, Adam said:

15741144_585356158340011_8530188117761971486_n.jpg

2 hours ago, juliansan said:

The invitation looks very modern in design. 

Lots of similarities too!   ...     

I'm confident we will all be pleasantly surprised and excited when we see the other side!  

RC's begin in May   ...   "Don't Give Up!"    

Edited by timpin

It seems to me with the theme missing on the front, we're talking about it like the friends did in 1935, when only the letters JW was written on the program. Well, whatever the reason for the theme missing on the front, it's surely not a mistake. The brothers know exactly what they're doing! 

And so does Jehovah!!! 

On 12/28/2016 at 11:43 PM, Alexa said:

To all, a very nice convention theme. I can see what translation will be...in my language...

Maybe "Huwag kang sumuko!" (Did I say that right?) Or, how about "Huwag magbigay ng up!"? (Ko lang magsalita ng ilang mga salita ng Tagalog, ngunit hindi ko maaaring ilagay ang mga salita na magkasama kanan.)

I heard you will have your conventions in the Philippines the same time as the US now. You won't have to wait until November anymore! :ecstatic:

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 0:10 AM, Brother Jack said:

It was announced at our meeting tonight that our convention is August 25-27. I look forward to seeing the videos that will be incorporated into the talks :D

I'll try to keep my mouth shut. Mine's in June 9-11th.

By the way, I've noticed the focus has been on the household of faith lately. Timely, seeing the period we are living in.

Edited by Bob