JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

BREAKING: Truck plows into crowd close to Christmas market in Berlin: German police

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2673 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

BREAKING: Truck plows into crowd close to Christmas market in Berlin, one person dead: German police

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Edited by Shawnster

Edited title as death toll rises.

Is there a link?

Is there any indication it is terrorists or a drunk driver?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

not confirmed but:

ISIS FESTIVE SLAUGHTER ISIS threatens massacres at Christmas markets and events, warn terror cops
Christmas markets and events could be targeted, US officials fear

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/2236622/death-cult-threatens-massacres-at-xmas-markets-and-events-warn-terror-cops/amp/

This is just horrible! I'm glad my daughter moved back to Australia after living 6 years in Berlin.  BUT, it does break my heart to see others just going about their daily lives and dying in such horrible circumstances.  To all our friends in Berlin at the moment, we pray you all stay safe!

Crazy world! Crazy system and its leader! Poor victims! Hope all this craziness ends very soon! Hopefully sooner than we think! For sure sooner than we think! This is the only positive thing in all this craziness! 

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

I feel for you Samira, the agony I felt when my daughter lived there when it was inevitable it would happen in Germany as it was in other European cities...  But is anywhere safe?  We are at the beginning of a downward spiral towards then end.  Only Jehovah can help us.

So, from what I've gathered from the stories...  A Polish truck (Polish license plates) was hijacked.  The original driver, a Polish citizen, was found shot to death in the passenger seat.  It is unclear whether the terrorist who drove the truck into the crowd is in custody or is free.  The man currently in custody is claiming to be innocent and there is no evidence to the contrary at this time.  It's possible the police picked up an innocent man.  The man in custody is from Pakistan and seeking asylum in Germany.  He was found after running from the incident.  It's understandable that any Middle Eastern person would run from such a scene.  With the tensions the way they are, any immigrants could immediately be viewed as suspects.

Edited by Shawnster

Even though they got the wrong man, apparently this guy is not an innocent man.

Arrested Pakistani asylum seeker Naved B, 23, entered country under false name and has criminal record.  

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4049442/Terror-attack-fears-lorry-ploughs-Christmas-market-Berlin-leaving-two-people-dead.html#ixzz4TOkhe166

The Pakistani asylum seeker arrested after the Berlin Christmas market massacre was allegedly held for a sex attack in July and was already on the Interpol crime database, it was revealed today. 
Arrested suspect Naved B, is believed to have entered the country under a false name on New Year's Eve 2015.
Germany's Defence Minister Thomas de Maizière today confirmed that the suspect was not on Germany's terror list but was on the Interpol list of criminals. He was also allegedly arrested in Berlin for a sex attack in July and other petty crimes.
The minister also revealed that the suspect had failed to attend his first asylum hearing and then appeared at a second but claimed he spoke no German and required an interpreter so it was adjourned.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4049442/Terror-attack-fears-lorry-ploughs-Christmas-market-Berlin-leaving-two-people-dead.html#ixzz4TOrAFc3e

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4049442/Terror-attack-fears-lorry-ploughs-Christmas-market-Berlin-leaving-two-people-dead.html#ixzz4TOqQlgHj

The Pakistani asylum seeker arrested after the Berlin Christmas market massacre was allegedly held for a sex attack in July and was already on the Interpol crime database, it was revealed today.  Arrested suspect Naved B, is believed to have entered the country under a false name on New Year's Eve 2015.
Germany's Defence Minister Thomas de Maizière today confirmed that the suspect was not on Germany's terror list but was on the Interpol list of criminals. He was also allegedly arrested in Berlin for a sex attack in July and other petty crimes.
The minister also revealed that the suspect had failed to attend his first asylum hearing and then appeared at a second but claimed he spoke no German and required an interpreter so it was adjourned.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4049442/Terror-attack-fears-lorry-ploughs-Christmas-market-Berlin-leaving-two-people-dead.html#ixzz4TOrAFc3e

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4049442/Terror-attack-fears-lorry-ploughs-Christmas-market-Berlin-leaving-two-people-dead.html#ixzz4TOqQlgHj

German authorities had to release this man because they realize he had nothing to do with the "lorry" attack.

The relatives of the man they are looking for urge him to hand himself in.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-22/suspect-in-berlin-attack-urged-to-turn-himself-in-to-police/8143212

German officials had deemed Mr Amri, who arrived in the country last year, a potential threat long before the attack and even kept him under covert surveillance for six months this year before halting the operation.

They had been trying to deport him after his asylum application was rejected in July but were unable to do so because he lacked valid identity papers and Tunisia initially denied that he was a citizen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

:offtopic: As an aside:

That's the story from Reuters, picked up by Australian ABC.  The authorities found documents in the truck identifying this man, which they also acknowledged he had been using "at least six different names and three different nationalities ".  I'm assuming that the "authorities" are valid people to quote in a news story like that.  One can corroborate this with any interviews that were done there with investigators telling the press these details.

But contrast this with one alt-news version here: http://www.globalresearch.ca/berlins-christmas-market-incident-a-likely-false-flag/5563960?utm_campaign=magnet&utm_source=article_page&utm_medium=related_articles

"Claims of responsibility lack credibility without verifiable proof. None so far exists. What’s known about Monday’s incident suggests false flag responsibility.  They’re identifiable the way fingerprints ID people. They’re strategically timed for an intended purpose. They’re designed to capture world headlines, conceal responsibility of the perpetrator, and point fingers at a convenient patsy or patsies.

On Wednesday, reports indicated Berlin police found identity documents (apparently a passport) belonging to a Tunisian national named Anis A. in the cabin of the truck used to kill and injure dozens on Monday."

The assumptions made in this paragraph alone calls into question the validity of it's claims, and how credible this is as a news source.

I know, I went a bit off topic to try to reason out a point on other thread currently active re: conspiracies etc.  Sorry.

38 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

I know, I went a bit off topic to try to reason out a point on other thread currently active re: conspiracies etc.  Sorry.

I feel your pain.  I'm having to learn to not respond in kind when I read comments that get me riled up online.  It only adds fuel to the fire and doesn't serve any beneficial purpose.  It's a difficult concept for me to implement because A) The nature of the Internet is debate and B ) I want to challenge incorrect thinking.  It's hard for me to sometimes give an answer that is mild.

Edited by Shawnster

Sorry but I get red flags when I read that the suspect dumped a bunch of papers somewhere to make sure people knew who had carried out the atrocity, then made a break for it.

In any case, the primary suspect, the young Pakistani man, who was recently released has now made a disappearing act. By the way, there was some grounds for suspicion after all, apparently some witnesses tailed him and identified him. Looks like incredibly elaborate failure on behalf of the justice departments once again, but perhaps time will tell more.