JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

BREAKING: Truck plows into crowd close to Christmas market in Berlin: German police

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2673 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

53 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

As this situation unfolds we need to remember to be neutral and not cast stones.  Without evidence all we can go by is what is in the news.  

I have to disagree with you there. Going by what is in the news isn't neutral at all. Our news aren't neutral, they're biased to the point that it is all propaganda. Not specifically referring to this situation but in general.

10 minutes ago, ChocoBro said:

I have to disagree with you there. Going by what is in the news isn't neutral at all. Our news aren't neutral, they're biased to the point that it is all propaganda. Not specifically referring to this situation but in general.

We are neutral.  I didn't say the news was.  I said that is all we have to go by, which it is.  Unless we want to turn to alt-media sources.  In both cases (mainstream media and alt-media) the sources are not unbiased.  

We have to fight the urge to dig out the pitchforks ourselves.  We are neutral.  We have to fight the urge to jump to conclusions simply because we have already formed a (biased) opinion.  If we ignore our neutrality and start waving the flag for the cause.  

This is a sad story and terrorism is a terrible and scary plague on our lives.  It's a great threat to our neutrality because it's easy to take sides.

But as Ruben says, the whole this could have been set up as well. Who knows?  But my point is, news media on all sides, MSN  and alt, haven't reported what has really happened BECAUSE THEY HAVE THEIR OWN AGENDA and can skew information to suit. Just like scientists can skew their scientific findings. Just like politicians can skew their statistics.

When Pilate asked "What is truth?" Jesus had just said "Everyone who is on the side of the truth listens to my voice". And I know we can get anxious and emotional sometimes because we have to live in this awful environment. I really feel for you Ruben and others at the coalface of this terrorism threat. The fear and deep anxiety of the people is everywhere.  They can't have any semblance of normality because the terrorist hasn't been caught yet. And neither will he be, because more will spring up in his place.   The media all relish reporting their own versions ad naseum. We know only Jehovah can save us and bring us through this last long clap of satan's crumbling world. Please hang in there! We all need to "listen to Jesus voice" to get to the real truth, and I know you all know this.

4 hours ago, Shawnster said:

We are neutral. 

This is a sad story and terrorism is a terrible and scary plague on our lives.  It's a great threat to our neutrality because it's easy to take sides.

True. 

Satan's system is made of three components,  rejecting just 2 out 3 isn't good enough. ..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Berlin Christmas market attack suspect killed in Milan , say Italian police

(CNN) — The Berlin Christmas market attack suspect has been killed in Milan, according to Italian state police. Twelve people were killed and dozens injured when a truck plowed into the busy market Monday.

7 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Oh wow! He reached Milan!

The German authorities are doing remarkable work in keeping the known funda-mentals in check and have foiled numerous attacks recently, but when it comes to actually catching a criminal after-the-fact, they have proven to be quite hopeless to be honest. One of the reasons is that in Germany, a lot of liberal laws hinder the efficient cooperation of different departments along with the media. I don't mean to comment on these laws individually or take a stance in their regard, but one example that shows how ridiculous these contradictions can be is that the German police issued a manhunt concerning Anis Amri and some media outlets actually pixeled out his upper face region. What is the point of publishing a manhunt and at the same time minding the suspect's rights to privacy?

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 5:41 AM, Tbs77 said:

German authorities had to release this man because they realize he had nothing to do with the "lorry" attack.

Brother Tracey :)

Yes, I'm aware of that--that he had no connection/innocent as to the lorry attack, but he was NOT innocent of being a rapist and some other petty crimes.  Did you read my 2nd posting about him?

Brother Tracey
Yes, I'm aware of that--that he had no connection/innocent as to the lorry attack, but he was NOT innocent of being a rapist and some other petty crimes.  Did you read my 2nd posting about him?

Sister Susan, yes, read your post. My comment was reflecting that they let him go because not associated with "lorry" attack even though he has a sordid past.