JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

43 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Can someone translate that into Californian?

Tim Horton's  is a Canadian Coffee and Donut shop of the first order. His paper coffee cups have a r-r-r-im you can roll up for a possible prize win. The name of the prize is written under the rim, not the actual prize itself, in case you were wondering about the afore mentioned boom-box. We had some authentic Tim Horton Drive-Throughs in Maine. When I was a tax preparer driving across that Pine Tree State, his coffee kept me awake some early frigid mornings. :)  And the occasional donut helped me maintain a level of body insulation for those below zero commutes. Except for Micky D's we have no drive-thrus in my part of NY.  Now, drive-bys are more of a NY thing. :(

Edited by kejedo

37 minutes ago, kejedo said:

Tim Horton's  is a Canadian Coffee and Donut shop of the first order. His paper coffee cups have a r-r-r-im you can roll up for a possible prize win. The name of the prize is written under the rim, not the actual prize itself, in case you were wondering about the afore mentioned boom-box. We had some authentic Tim Horton Drive-Throughs in Maine. When I was a tax preparer driving across that Pine Tree State, his coffee kept me awake some early frigid mornings. :)  And the occasional donut helped me maintain a level of body insulation for those below zero commutes. Except for Micky D's we have no drive-thrus in my part of NY.  Now, drive-bys are more of a NY thing. :(

Just one clarification: the roll up the rim cups are only available during a special campaign in  the spring, not year-round.

I prefer Tim Horton decaf large with triple creme or the French Vanilla capaceno or ice capaceno in hot weather, if I get one at all.

Never liked Macky D's coffee before they improved it, still no fond of it.:superman:

My wife ( a Californian by birth ) really likes Tim bits and maple flavored donuts at Timmies

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

45 minutes ago, pnutts said:

Never liked Macky D's coffee before they improved it, still no fond of it.:superman:

Some participating McD's used to use Paul Newman's own, now most, if not all use McCafe / Premium (by Gavina?) They advertise a fresh pot every 30 minutes. Tim Horton's is 20 minutes. AS for the r-r-r-oll up the rim, I am not sure it was just a spring promotion, the last time I got one in Maine. But some Maine springs were still just as frigid as many locations in Canadia.  As for the territories, as a child I was familiar with Yukon, and Northwest, but I never learned None-of-it.  

• 2 weeks later...

No igloos. Really confuses :confused: Americans coming across the border in July with "Snow Skis" on top of their car.

Oh, did I mention they were from NY State - just across the bridge?:oops:

not igloos.jpg

1 hour ago, pnutts said:

Make that a large? Moose stop in at Tim Hortons drive-thru:drink:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/moose-drive-thru-tim-hortons-1.3923706

You Canadians are behind times. Here in the States "Large" is never good enough, "Make that SuperSize please!" Same can be said for our waist bands. :(

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

36 minutes ago, Old said:

You Canadians are behind times. Here in the States "Large" is never good enough, "Make that SuperSize please!" Same can be said for our waist bands. :(

Hey Old. You are behind the times. Even MickyD in the states took away Super Size Me after the documentary of same name. Did size decrease? :eat::eat::eat::omg: