JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Tom Irregardless and Me

I have shared this because he says we can.  I haven't read it yet as I have only just got it but the free copy is only available for a limited time so thought I would share before the freebie goes away.

Tom Harley loves self-deprecating humor. He also likes the kind of humor where you make fun of yourself. He loves hyperbole. He also likes wild exaggeration to make a point. He is good at zany storytelling. He is good at explaining Jehovah’s Witnesses. He is not good at anything else. He has combined these three skills to write “Tom Irregardless and Me,” a romping and riotous defense of Jehovah’s Witnesses and their place in today’s world. He knows them well, having been one forever.

Chapter 1 – Prince
Chapter 2 – Sam Herd
Chapter 3 – Tom Irregardless
Chapter 4 – The Regional Convention
Chapter 5 – Enemies
Chapter 6 – Suffering
Chapter 7 – The God of Football
Chapter 8 – Plato
Chapter 9 – Pipe Dreams
Chapter 10 – Blogging
Chapter 11 – The Pew Report
Chapter 12 – John Wheatnweeds
Chapter 13 – Joel Engardio
Chapter 14 - Joe Paterno
Chapter 15 – Dr. Mike ‘Ace’ Inhibitor
Chapter 16 – The New World Translation
Chapter 17 – Me
Chapter 18 – Sam Herd
Afterword – Black Mack, Slow Joe and Davey the Kid

Read and enjoy. All Facebook friends - and everybody else - get a free copy for a limited time. Download at bit.ly/2hjSMHE and use coupon LF95H to make it free. If anyone cares to share this post, going outside my circle of friends, I don’t mind. I won’t be mad that they’re giving away the store. One could even say that with the holiday it – well, no – we won’t go there.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

There's a new book titled, "Tom Irregardless and Me," written by a brother with irrefutable logic and a sharp sense of humor, as shown by the title, that makes his writing a joy to read. I haven't read the book yet, but I've read his personal blog over the past several years and enjoyed it immensely.

About Tom Harley:

"Tom Harley loves self-deprecating humor. He also likes the kind of humor where you make fun of yourself. He loves hyperbole. He also likes wild exaggeration to make a point."

"He is good at zany storytelling. He is good at explaining Jehovah’s Witnesses. He is not good at anything else. He has combined these three skills to write “Tom Irregardless and Me,” a romping and riotous defense of Jehovah’s Witnesses and their place in today’s world. He knows them well, having been one forever."

Here's what another brother named Bill Underwood, who's a journalist for a newspaper, had to say about the book:

Reviews

Review by: Bill K. Underwood on Dec. 26, 2016 :
While it is not for the easily stumbled, Tom Irregardless and Me is a terrific read. It had me laughing out loud over and over again. Tom Harley makes no apologies for being one of Jehovah's Witnesses, and neatly skewers most of the objections raised by opposers and apostates - blood transfusion, college education, patriotism, homophobia, and more - while at the same time acknowledging their own foibles and puncturing sacred cows, but doing so with an obvious 'mild manner and deep respect.'
(reviewed within a month of purchase)

Edited by minister159

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

Dilip, here is what Terri said in that other thread (not sure why link didn't work):

It's too late to edit my post so I have put another link here as the previous one looks a bit lost   Don't forget to use the code LF95H so you get it free. :) 

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/686882

Just now, dilip kumar said:

Where to type the code sis

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk

When you buy the book and have to check out, then use the code.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I see the two threads have merged...

I've read the first three chapters and I think he is a little hard to keep up with but it's an interesting book so far.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 23/12/2016 at 11:25 AM, GeordieGirl said:

It's too late to edit my post so I have put another link here as the previous one looks a bit lost   Don't forget to use the code LF95H so you get it free. :) 

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/686882

Thank you, Terri. I was able to download the book and it looks great. I have added it to my to-read list.

14 minutes ago, carlos said:

Thank you, Terri. I was able to download the book and it looks great. I have added it to my to-read list.

You are most welcome, Carlos. :) I am looking forward to reading it after I finish the Unrighteous.  It is so great having books by brothers to read.  :D

Edited by GeordieGirl

I found it to be very argumentative. It was in a few areas difficult to understand. Though I must admit I have sometimes wished I could throw away tact and go in guns blazing like this.

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

23 hours ago, Hartley said:

I found it to be very argumentative. It was in a few areas difficult to understand. Though I must admit I have sometimes wished I could throw away tact and go in guns blazing like this.

That's his intention as he says here, “We have become a theatrical spectacle to the world, and to angels and to men,” the Bible verse says. That being the case, let’s give them some theater! Let’s skewer the liars who slander the Christ! Let’s pull down the house on the axis lords! Let the seed-pickers unite!

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

Am reading this book. I love it. This brother would be just fun to be around. The antidotes, the humor...I love learning while having a good time! Many thanks for this information, sister. 

From not really having such a treat, to having 4 books written by a brothers. I know there must be more out there...I ended up getting hard copies of the EK Jonathan books. Now this! Thanks again! 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

• 2 weeks later...

I am up to chapter 7 and I am loving this book. A perfect way to rant against all the naysayers and those who hate us ... and I do enjoy having a good rant. His humour is great and I love his names for different ones .. particularly Victor Vomidog.  Wish school had been this much fun, I would have learnt a lot more.