JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia) has Died

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2646 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

And to think ... she was only 60 (that's younger than me) - yet she died basically from a heart attack.

6 minutes ago, Precision said:

Carrie Fisher's sudden death is an enormously tragic loss to the future Star Wars Trilogy. 

Considering that they already used CGI to bring another dead actor to the movie Rogue One - it should not be all that difficult to either have her in episode 9 in a reduced roll or to give her some alternate send-off in episode 8.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

18 minutes ago, Qapla said:

And to think ... she was only 60 (that's younger than me) - yet she died basically from a heart attack.

She was only a couple of days older than me :eek:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I am over 70 and do not know how to check my veins. :(

Anyone reccomend a good vein cleaner? Vein-O! maybe?

I have known a few that died from thrombosis. They were directly under a doctor's care at the time.

Apparently the doctors didn't have a vein cleaner.  

Anti clotting factors aren't for the weak of heart, nothing like drinking a little poison to start your day.

I have heard that a good martini, stirred, not shaken, can do wonders. Somehow they never seem cold enough, so I still shake them.

Are we talking cramberry juice or something similar?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

7 minutes ago, Old said:

I have known a few that died from thrombosis. They were directly under a doctor's care at the time.

Anti clotting factors aren't for the weak of heart, nothing like drinking a little poison to start your day.

I have heard that a good martini, stirred, not shaken, can do wonders. Somehow they never seem cold enough, so I still shake them.

A glass of wine a day is supposed to be good for you, I'm almost two years ahead of schedule. ...:D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

5 minutes ago, Old said:

Serrapeptate is a good thing to take Jerry  to keep inflammation and keeps  clots  down , google it.  I have a history of heart issues in my family so just take it for prevention. 

Just think - three of the largest movie franchises all are facing the same dilemma ....

Star Wars - Carrie Fisher

Star Trek - Anton Yelchin

Fast and Furious - Paul Walker

Fast and Furious seems to have found a way to deal with it, so far - we will see what the box office says. The other two still have to decide how they will handle it.

There has not been any official word that her early years of abuse were contributing factors in her heart attack and/or subsequent death .... one thing is sure though, that abuse certainly did not help her to "live long and prosper".

3 hours ago, Miss Mouse said:

Serrapeptate is a good thing to take Jerry  to keep inflammation and keeps  clots  down , google it.  I have a history of heart issues in my family so just take it for prevention. 

Thank you Miss Mouse. I will look into it. :)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

13 minutes ago, Old said:

Thank you Miss Mouse. I will look into it. :)

I get the Enerex brand ( I think it's Canadian made ) 120,000 SU  one a day I take first thing in am on empty stomach . If you ordered from Canada your $ is higher may work out ok or you probably can find a good brand in the USA . They have tried to ban it here ( because it's effective)  . 

Disclaimer :) I'm not promoting a cure all . 

40 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

That's 2 this week from heart problems ... George Michael also died from heart trouble and he was only 53.  

They haven't officially released a cause of death for George Michael yet.  At least as far as I know.  The initial articles said he died of heart failure.  That's a little bit of a deflection.  All deaths are heart failure.  The heart fails, it stops.  The person dies.   It doesn't matter if the cause was a gunshot wound or drug overdose or cancer.

2 hours ago, Shawnster said:

All deaths are heart failure.  The heart fails, it stops.  The person dies.   It doesn't matter if the cause was a gunshot wound or drug overdose or cancer.

I do realise this, Shawn .... my daughter and I were saying the same thing when he died. I think I was still half asleep when I wrote that comment.  I have re-read it and realise it is totally wrong.  Anyway, he died way too young regardless of the cause.

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

11 hours ago, pnutts said:

That is Star Trek stuff. Still want them now and Jehovah's permanent cure later.

Some of today's treatments do seem a bit "Star Trek" - I just had one of those called "Cyberknife" - very Star Trek like.

That said, I guess we should look at the silver lining in the cloud - at least now Carrie and George do not have to "survive" Armageddon to have a chance to live in the NS - they may be in line for the resurrection since they have paid the price for their inheritance of Adam's imperfection.

Edited by Qapla

Now they are reporting that her mom (Debbie Reynolds) possibly had a stroke.  Very sad.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫