JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower No. 3 2017 (SPOILER ALERT if you don't want to see the cover)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2643 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Wow!!! The set of covers for 2017 is being such amazing! Is it only me who miss both magazines (Watchtower and Awake) with 32 pages each month? Anyway, I feel I'm being fed in an appropriate time.

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments nor things now here nor things to come now powers nor height nor depth nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God's love that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:38,39

Looking forward to seeing the presentations. 

See also Feb'14 public edition with the box...

What four horsemen have been on the move since 1914?

Jesus, as a rider on a white horse, has acted to rid the heavens of Satan and his demons. The rider on a fiery-colored horse depicts the wars that have afflicted mankind. The rider on a black horse represents famine. The rider of the pale horse brings death by plague, striking down millions. (Rev. 6:2-8)—2/1, pages 6-7

Can we also have an Awake! No.2 2017 spoiler ?

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

54 minutes ago, richietj77 said:

But, but, Potestatem has at least three film festival selections! :P

Noun[edit]

potestās f ‎(genitive potestātis); third declension

1. power, ability
  2. mastery, control
  3. authority, jurisdiction
  4. dominion, political power
  5. right, legal power
  6. (of a word) meaning
  7. possibility, opportunity

Inflection[edit]

Third declension.

Case Singular Plural
nominative potestās potestātēs
genitive potestātis potestātum
dative potestātī potestātibus
accusative potestātem potestātēs
ablative potestāte potestātibus
vocative potestās potestātēs

On 12/27/2016 at 10:41 PM, jscotchie said:

This image comes from jw.org. Here is the link: https://assetsnffrgf-a.akamaihd.net/assets/m/202017161/E/art/202017161_E_cnt_2_xl.jpg

I just couldn't not share this. How awesome is this front cover?! How do you think we'll go offering this in the ministry?

202017161_E_cnt_2_xl.jpg

Hi Jamie, I was curious as to how some are able to get a look at the publications before it goes up on JW. ORG? Thank you

3 hours ago, Dantheman136 said:

Hi Jamie, I was curious as to how some are able to get a look at the publications before it goes up on JW. ORG? Thank you

Hi Dan :) A cover image exists for every publication on jw.org—every magazine, brochure, book, video etc. Every image has a specific web link where one can view the cover image. Sometime before the publication actually becomes available for public download, the cover images are uploaded to their respective web links. If you know how to access these links, you are able to view the cover image for a publication before it becomes available for download on jw.org. It's not an easy thing to explain, but I hope this helps :)