JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Copy videos from one JW Library to another?

Good Day all. First let me apologize. This question must have been asked hundreds of times. I did search a bit, but could not find the result I was looking for.

Then again, my daughter does tell me I miss small things.

Anyway, I have a JW Library installed on my personal PC. We also have JW Library installed on our Kingdom Hall's PC

I downloaded all the new sjjm mp4's through my personal copy onto my laptop. They all saved to Videos\JW Library.

I then copied all 151 to an external drive and copied them to the KH Laptop after the meeting last night. To the exact same location. The two installs are the same version by the way.

My expectation was that the KH JW Library install would just automatically "see" the videos and we could use from withing JW Library. This was not the case however. In the app, there is still the little cloud on the icon instead of the 3 dots.

I read on the internet that the 'mappings' to what is downloaded or not is in this location

C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Packages\WatchtowerBibleandTractSo.45909CDBADF3C_5rz59y55nfz3e\LocalState\Data

There I see some files to do with Media. I wondered whether copying these files over will fool the app into seeing the manually copied mp4's

Just looking for a easy way to save the KH data as the whole lot in 720p is 4.2GB

Thanks for any assistance and\or direction to an existing Topic

Thanks Br Manfred.

After I posted, I did do that and noticed that the 3 dots appeared after a few seconds.

Oddly, it only does this when there is internet connection.

But if there is connection, the dots appear after about 3 seconds but it does not seem to download the whole file. Downloading the whole file takes much longer.

I had a similar problem ... anytime you change the card of the tablet, you have to download the materials once again or do this complicated job described above. A button to verify the source of all videos in a row would be great, don't you think?

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "