JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

China's aircraft carrier prowling Pacific

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2633 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 aircraft carrier is hardly a push or a shove to the US.

There's political drama developing and apparently Taiwan is intrigued of the apparent "new" direction of US policy of one China.

Taiwan announces U.S. itinerary for president, upsetting China

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN14J0NT

A pushing and a shoving possibly in the works?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the 'pushing' in Daniel 11:40 only referred to a one time thing that happened between the king of the north and the king of the south and that this pushing wouldn't always necessarily exist between the two.

Edited by Brother Jack

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

2 hours ago, Brother Jack said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the 'pushing' in Daniel 11:40 only referred to a one time thing that happened between the king of the north and the king of the south and that this pushing wouldn't always necessarily exist between the two.

The pushing referred to the ongoing tension between the King of the North and King of the South all through their history.  Not just a one time thing.  Which one time would it be?  The Kings pushed against each other all through the Cold War, for example.  World War II was a pushing between the two kings.  So was World War I.  

There are times when they push and times when they don't.  There really wasn't much pushing between the two kings between the World Wars, for example.  

59 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

The pushing referred to the ongoing tension between the King of the North and King of the South all through their history.  Not just a one time thing.  Which one time would it be?  The Kings pushed against each other all through the Cold War, for example.  World War II was a pushing between the two kings.  So was World War I.  

There are times when they push and times when they don't.  There really wasn't much pushing between the two kings between the World Wars, for example.  

I just thought the pushing was only at daniel 11:40 with the peace treaty and Cold War (as the Daniel book explained) since I only remember the word "pushing" being used at Daniel 11:40. I guess I forgot that there usually is tension between the KOTN and KOTS.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

as far as i understand it daniel 11:44-45 is the last thing to be fullfilled.   another world war is not likely; unless it falls under Jesus saying wars "and reports of war"

been awhile for that research though....

• 2 weeks later...

All this brinkmanship is such a sad and disgusting waste of time, energy and resources.  They aren't going to fight.  Someone will always back down.  Yet they keep insisting on playing these power games.  

Meanwhile their citizens go hungry or without power or live in polluted lands.

44 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

All this brinkmanship is such a sad and disgusting waste of time, energy and resources.  They aren't going to fight.  Someone will always back down.  Yet they keep insisting on playing these power games.  

Meanwhile their citizens go hungry or without power or live in polluted lands.

Exactly. ..

I recall reading about food rotting on seaside docks and people dying of starvation within sight of it....stupid stupid humans...

There could be a minor incident,  it would give them incentives to work harder on peace and security,  and we all want that, yes?..

Are we sure it isn't an illegal fishing boat just disguised as an aircraft carrier???

I'm sure there must be a website or podcast out there somewhere that has irrefutable evidence....

:)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D