JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

We have a really big announcement on Tuesday

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2407 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

13 minutes ago, a3a27988 said:

we were told that not to miss the meeting on Tuesday because there's going to be a big announcement anybody else have that told to them

That sort of thing always makes me smile. "I was not going to come on Tuesday but seeing as there's is going to be a big announcement ..."

I'm just being silly. :)

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

I have a Monday meeting. If this is true I would hope our elders look for any info to share with us. 

I was just looking forward to simply hearing about our 2017 convention assignment. I guess this is more than that. 

I'll see tomorrow night. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

5 hours ago, a3a27988 said:

we were told that not to miss the meeting on Tuesday because there's going to be a big announcement anybody else have that told to them

4 hours ago, a3a27988 said:

I'm on the Pacific West , why do you ask 

Did you also have multiple letters read last week like many of us had, some of which pertained to the 2017 RC and updated WT library DVD info?

Edited by timpin

7 hours ago, a3a27988 said:

7 hours ago, Miss Mouse said:

Probably linked to the RC announcement !  Are you west or East ? 

I'm on the Pacific West , why do you ask 

The only thing I can think is Regional Convention.  And although Canada has a Special Convention this year (https://ca.jw2017.org/) is in Toronto (East). So maybe it will be RC. But I think they would do like the US Branch did for the 2014 International Convention, one Special Convention (Toronto) and others in the rest of Canada connected via Internet\Recorded Talks (in the case of different time zones).

Looks like the elder let the cat out of the bag about the Armageddon date announcement.

p.s. Just in case it is not perfectly obvious, I'm joking

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

We had a "special talk" based on an outline from the Branch given in our midweek meeting  here in San Diego, which was announced the week before and we were told not to miss this meeting. The outline was basically on being obedient to the direction of the Branch and our local elders.  It was about some major changes in our territories to help use our Kingdom halls more efficiently. They told us in the next  "one or two months" we will be having a major reorganization of our KH's, Territories, and meetings. Some Congregations will be relocated to other (nearby) halls, and some will be merged, etc. This is being done to reduce the number of new Kingdom halls that are needed by "filling" the Halls we have now. 

We were told this is being done in MANY areas in the United Sates Branch territory.

Maybe this is what some of the other's letters are about in this topic. 

Edited by Musky

We had a "special talk" based on an outline from the Branch given in our midweek meeting  here in San Diego, which was announced the week before and we were told not to miss this meeting. The outline was basically on being obedient to the direction of the Branch and our local elders.  It was about some major changes in our territories to help use our Kingdom halls more efficiently. They told us in the next  "one or two months" we will be having a major reorganization of our KH's, Territories, and meetings. Some Congregations will be relocated to other (nearby) halls, and some will be merged, etc. This is being done to reduce the number of new Kingdom halls that are needed by "filling" the Halls we have now. 

We were told this is being done in MANY areas in the United Sates Branch territory.

Maybe this is what some of the other's letters are about in this topic. 

Any changes now could mean time is winding down. I welcome them!

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

9 hours ago, walkr2 said:

Any changes now could mean time is winding down. I welcome them!

The brothers have made many changes within the organization and publications to get more bang per buck.

Are they taking the same attitude with money spent on kingdom halls? If so they are simply using every possible resource to help as many people as necessary.

Edited by carlos

fixed format

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

The brothers have made many changes within the organization and publications to get more bang per buck.

Are they taking the same attitude with money spent on kingdom halls? If so they are simply using every possible resource to help as many people as necessary.

I agree! The Bang (ing) may be a little more intense with the end being so near! Think so? 🤛🏻

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

On 1/1/2017 at 1:43 PM, a3a27988 said:

please keep us posted   ...   

On 1/1/2017 at 2:49 PM, AH173 said:

I have a Monday meeting. If this is true I would hope our elders look for any info to share with us. 

I was just looking forward to simply hearing about our 2017 convention assignment. I guess this is more than that. 

I'll see tomorrow night. 

was there any more info?   ... 

On 1/2/2017 at 2:33 AM, Musky said:

We had a "special talk" ........... Some Congregations will be relocated to other (nearby) halls, and some will be merged, etc. This is being done to reduce the number of new Kingdom halls that are needed by "filling" the Halls we have now. 

just heard from Friends in Somerset......they got the same letter....they had their notification

that they will lose their KH and have to go either to Frome or Bristol...

14 minutes ago, Samira said:

just heard from Friends in Somerset......they got the same letter....they had their notification

that they will lose their KH and have to go either to Frome or Bristol...

Samira, are you able to say where exactly in Somerset this is? I only ask as I know a family in Frome and others in South Bristol on the Somerset borders

7 minutes ago, marcusth said:

Samira, are you able to say where exactly in Somerset this is? I only ask as I know a family in Frome and others in South Bristol on the Somerset borders

Our friends living in Midsomer Norton......who do you know in Frome?

Nothing but convention announcement. We were a week late from what others posted. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

We had a letter read, these are my notes:

To all congs
Special meeting Harold Caulken(sp) March 18th 1pm streamed to all congs. So no meeting Sunday.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13