JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

We have a really big announcement on Tuesday

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2407 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

11 minutes ago, ChrisTheConfused said:

We had a letter read, these are my notes:

To all congs
Special meeting Harold Caulken(sp) March 18th 1pm streamed to all congs. So no meeting Sunday.

Early this year - usually it's April 

We had a letter read tonight.

It was a letter thanking us for our generous spirit...reminding us of all the faith-strengthening

things that have been happening lately...a reminder that more and more Kingdom Halls need to

be built...and informing us that there are 'exciting things to come'.:huh:

No word as to what those exciting things to come will be.^_^

My Bible-trained imagination tells me it has something, er--everything to do with this:

Jesus_WARRIOR KING.jpg

Yes Smiling.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Sorry to disappoint you but that That big announcement that started this feed Was  announceing that we were going to have our   Regional Convention in Vancouver instead of  travelling almost 100 miles away, that's what  we have been doing for at least 9 years. So that will be a real treat for us not having to travel all that way. 

Edited by a3a27988

20 hours ago, marcusth said:

Samira, are you able to say where exactly in Somerset this is? I only ask as I know a family in Frome and others in South Bristol on the Somerset borders

Our friends living in Midsomer Norton......who do you know in Frome?

sorry Brother Marcus.....I ask because we know Frome congregation very well......was our last congregation for over 6 years

before we moved to Chelmsford.

Still visiting our friends in Frome every few month.......

Our friends in Midsomer Norton believe they have to go to Frome, even Bristol would be nearer.

1 hour ago, Samira said:

Our friends living in Midsomer Norton......who do you know in Frome?

sorry Brother Marcus.....I ask because we know Frome congregation very well......was our last congregation for over 6 years

before we moved to Chelmsford.

Still visiting our friends in Frome every few month.......

Our friends in Midsomer Norton believe they have to go to Frome, even Bristol would be nearer.

The Green family.

7 hours ago, a3a27988 said:

Sorry to disappoint you but that That big announcement that started this feed Was  announceing that we were going to have our   Regional Convention in Vancouver instead of  travelling almost 100 miles away, that's what  we have been doing for at least 9 years. So that will be a real treat for us not having to travel all that way. 

That's not a disappointment.

It's never disappointing to hear our brothers won't have to travel so far to their convention.^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

In a way it was a BIG announcement as we are going to be  synced with the Special  Convention in Toronto which will have  members of the GB in attendance, this includes Calgary, Edmonton and other major Cities  across Canada.  The brothers have asked that we build Enthusiasm  and show Canada how united JW are in Canada.  There will also be  all congregations from Vancouber Island coming  to Vancouver......expected attendance in Vancouver 17,000 . 

Quite a feat to get venues in all major cities  including good rates in Hotels right across Canada on the same date  but it all came together  . Jehovah's blessings were evident the brothers  mentioned  . 

3 hours ago, Miss Mouse said:

There will also be  all congregations from Vancouver Island coming  to Vancouver......expected attendance in Vancouver 17,000 . 

I used to live on Vancouver Island (outside of Victoria).  I still reminisce about my service to God in that area.  Enjoy your convention and association.  I recall when Canada had about 25,000 publishers across the entire country.

Edited by jwhess

On 03/01/2017 at 10:33 PM, ChrisTheConfused said:

We had a letter read, these are my notes:

To all congs
Special meeting Harold Caulken(sp) March 18th 1pm streamed to all congs. So no meeting Sunday.

Harold Corkern - Publishing Committee, WT Oct 15th 2015 page 3.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

51 minutes ago, ChrisTheConfused said:

Harold Corkern - Publishing Committee, WT Oct 15th 2015 page 3.

I thought it was a misspelling. Enjoy. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

6 hours ago, jwhess said:

I used to live on Vancouver Island (outside of Victoria).  I still reminisce about my service to God in that area.  Enjoy your convention and association.  I recall when Canada had about 25,000 publishers across the entire country.

That was a long time ago brother John I think the number now is nearly 120, 000 

..... Jehovah's blessing s on our efforts are very evident . 

We had a letter read last night about the Warrick dedication in October. Previously we were told that it would be streamed to the Assembly Hall, but last night we found out it will also be shown at the Kingdom Halls, so no meetings or assemblies will be scheduled for October 7 & 8 so all the congregations can be scheduled to see the dedication.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

18 hours ago, Qapla said:

Nope - 2017jw.org takes you to the sale page as the link above

I think the elder meant to say jw2017.org not 2017jw.org ( when he said it, I done wrote it down I did ):unsure:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

We had a letter read last night about the Warrick dedication in October. Previously we were told that it would be streamed to the Assembly Hall, but last night we found out it will also be shown at the Kingdom Halls, so no meetings or assemblies will be scheduled for October 7 & 8 so all the congregations can be scheduled to see the dedication.

I heard about this as well. It'll also be translated simultaneously in Spanish. Very exciting! Can't wait.

15 hours ago, Miss Mouse said:

That was a long time ago brother John I think the number now is nearly 120, 000 

..... Jehovah's blessing s on our efforts are very evident . 

The growth is great.  In 1953 there were 22.350 publishers in Canada.  When I left in 1958 there were 30.933.

8 minutes ago, vern said:

was wondering when "all"  kingdom hall streaming would happen.  nice.

The letter specifically said it was for KH that are equipped for it, so I guess that technically not 'all' KH will receive the live or recorded video. I don't know if that affects your comment.  

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D