JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower Library on DVD

22 hours ago, shali said:

For some reason my WLib is not printing for the same reason as why it wouldn't open - it is hanging on splwow64.exe.  Have no idea why and no idea what I can do about it.  Andrej was good enough to try and help me again but we couldn't find anything out of place.

Try right-clicking on the WTL icon and choose "Run as administrator" and then when it opens, try printing from it again. I think it is a permission issue.

28 minutes ago, Cheeks said:

What is the zip file everyone is talking about? Is it the new Wat library?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it's a link to a file being shared of Watchtower Library 2016 which is the same as having the DVD/ROM the branch sends. Would you like it?

Yes, it's a link to a file being shared of Watchtower Library 2016 which is the same as having the DVD/ROM the branch sends. Would you like it?

Please!!!!
We were told that ours was delayed and no idea when they will be sent. Can I delete the file and install actual program without any issues when they finally come in?

Sent

Just now, Cheeks said:

Please!!!!
We were told that ours was delayed and no idea when they will be sent. Can I delete the file and install actual program without any issues when they finally come in?

Sent

4 minutes ago, Cheeks said:

Please!!!!

You can but you don''t have to, because this link provides the exact program that's on the DVD.

Dear Brother Chuck (Musky),

May I please have the link for the latest Watchtower Library?

As I understand this will also from now on update the program and data without having to install a new version each year.

Thank you,

James

No effort = No bananas
More efforts = More bananas

9 minutes ago, More4me2do said:

Dear Brother Chuck (Musky),

May I please have the link for the latest Watchtower Library?

As I understand this will also from now on update the program and data without having to install a new version each year.

Thank you,

James

Sent

On 1/20/2017 at 2:34 PM, Musky said:

Try right-clicking on the WTL icon and choose "Run as administrator" and then when it opens, try printing from it again. I think it is a permission issue.

Sadly, it's not a permission issue.  The program opens just fine now but can't print because of that splwow64.exe file hanging up the program.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

26 minutes ago, shali said:

Sadly, it's not a permission issue.  The program opens just fine now but can't print because of that splwow64.exe file hanging up the program.

Common problem. This might help. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc5g9yjey4s

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

So as it turns out we have had these DVD's at our hall for a month or so.    I installed on my win 10 machine and its perfect.  Daily text goes to the end of January.  So I would imagine that an update will be on its way in the next week or so.  

I just noticed the magazine covers are included in the WTLib, is that a new feature or did I just miss it...? 

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

28 minutes ago, jwhess said:

They only go back to 2014, though.

Is it a new feature?

I usually just use the Search feature and I don't usually go to the front page of the magazine, so it's possible the covers have been there and I just didn't see them...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D