JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower Library on DVD

2 hours ago, Chijwas said:

''This could save tons in $$$, with less shipping costs and DVD costs if those who have it continue updating the data electronically. How do we know when there is an update besides here?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

By default, it will check for an update every time you use it.

2 hours ago, Chijwas said:

How do we know when there is an update besides here?

Or if is doesn't check automatically, try this.

1 - Open WT Library

2 - In the upper leftt hand corner click on "Help"

3 - In the drop down menu click on "Check For Updates"

Right now it says "No updates available"

FYI - You need to be connected to the internet, in case you didn't know.

Edited by mserskine

I looked in the Help section to the wt library and it said this:

Updating Watchtower Library
Watchtower Library has the ability to update its program and library data. To check for updates manually, you can use the Check for Updates feature from the Help menu. This feature will use your Internet connection to check whether an update is available. If available, you will be asked whether you want to download and apply the update, which will occur automatically. However, if you have obtained an update package as a file, you can apply it by using the Manually Apply Update Package feature from the Help menu.
It is also possible to enable Watchtower Library to check for updates each time the program is started. This can be enabled by clicking Properties on the Library menu, opening the Updates tab, and then checking the Check for updates on startup setting

Does anyone have the update file that is willing to share. I uninstalled and reinstalled all to no success in applying the update. It would be much appreciated.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I looked in the Help section to the wt library and it said this:

Updating Watchtower Library
Watchtower Library has the ability to update its program and library data. To check for updates manually, you can use the Check for Updates feature from the Help menu. This feature will use your Internet connection to check whether an update is available. If available, you will be asked whether you want to download and apply the update, which will occur automatically. However, if you have obtained an update package as a file, you can apply it by using the Manually Apply Update Package feature from the Help menu.
It is also possible to enable Watchtower Library to check for updates each time the program is started. This can be enabled by clicking Properties on the Library menu, opening the Updates tab, and then checking the Check for updates on startup setting

Does anyone have the update file that is willing to share. I uninstalled and reinstalled all to no success in applying the update. It would be much appreciated.

I have the update file. If no one shares it during the next 12 hours, I will upload it and send it to you. I just got off for work, and will be home in 12 hours, more or less.

Sent from my LG-H440n using Tapatalk

You know what is funny, about 3 years ago I was talking to a couple of brothers about the Watchtower CD-Rom Library, and said "I bet in the future there will just be an update that we can download and then we won't have to get cd's anymore and it will save a lot of money, time and waiting to have the latest library content."   This is so amazing what is happening now.  

15 hours ago, And_Ray said:

I have the update file. If no one shares it during the next 12 hours, I will upload it and send it to you. I just got off for work, and will be home in 12 hours, more or less.

Sent from my LG-H440n using Tapatalk

Yes please Brother Andrej. The "updates" are not available on-line yet. I expect the update will include all publications from July to December. Very helpful for important research and any minor publication updates.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

Yes please Brother Andrej. The "updates" are not available on-line yet. I expect the update will include all publications from July to December. Very helpful for important research and any minor publication updates.

Did I understand correctly that you want the update file as well?
Anyone who needs the update file can massage me and I'll send a download link.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, And_Ray said:

Did I understand correctly that you want the update file as well?
Anyone who needs the update file can massage me and I'll send a download link.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yes indeed, I have PM'd a request to you. Thank you so much.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

51 minutes ago, Chris7 said:

As I thought, the update does not update publications past June. The July to December update is not yet available. 

1 minute ago, Musky said:

As I thought, the update does not update publications past June. The July to December update is not yet available. 

OK Thanks brother Chuck, Maybe that update will be Available in January. I appreciate the clarification of hopes.

I have found success. I have tried the way of downloading the update file from Bro . Andrej and it did not work.

It installed to about 30 percent and gave me the same error message. So I decided to uninstall and reinstall the program. This time not from the iso file that I got some time ago. I hooked up my dvd/cd rom drive via usb  to my azulle windows 10 micro computer and surprisingly it worked out well. I can not explain it but there is something for the small system that I have for my tv that the azulle needs the actual DVD installation and not the iso file that I extracted. I do not get it  but it worked.

Thanks Bro Andrej for your assistance.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Each year, many brothers and sisters look forward to receiving their new edition of Watch-tower Library, which is now being produced in over 60 languages.
The 2015 edition of Watchtower Library included a feature that could be used by those hav-ing Internet access. With that feature, the data could be updated around the middle of the year. With that one-time update, publications released in the first half of 2016 were added and could be includ-ed in searches done thereafter.
Beginning with the 2016 edition, updates will become available about once a month. Thus, after you install this edition and choose automatic or manual updates, the program can obtain cur-rent publications over the Internet. For example, issues of The Watchtower that you have recently studied or will soon study in the congregation will be added to Watchtower Library. Additionally, at the end of 2017, you will not need to request a new DVD—you can continue to use the edition you already have. It will regularly be updated with publications as they are released and will include any new program features that may be added.

What do you think about this?? :D

If that is true, I am not surprised. It's the logical evolution of the program. Updating the library via internet rather than producing and sending thousands of DVDs each year saves a lot of money.

I just wonder how will new users install the program. Will the whole program be available for download?

I would assume that if someone needs a copy, if not available for public download that an overseer could burn a copy.

Although I like all the online resources we have, the offline library is still my favorite for deep research.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk