JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting for February 2017

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2607 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 2/2/2017 at 8:42 AM, Sheep said:

Hhmmm. Another Morning Worship segment? (the last one) There was already Brother Jackson's picture above with a MW part.

Oh, can someone help me with this last brother's name?

Okay, I think I remember it. Isn't his name Harold Corkern?

6 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

jwb_univ_201702_wsr_08_lg.jpg

Cute! :) 

Are these young brothers and sisters signing a song, or just singing?

It looks like song 89 to me...:)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 3.2.2017 at 11:44 PM, Tortuga said:

It comes out the first Monday of the month, that's on the 6th this month.

Comes out on tv.jw.org you mean?? Does that mean I can access it this evening via our secret jwtalk hacker access?

What's the link this time?

Does that mean I can access it this evening via our secret jwtalk hacker access?

Could you please just STOP once and for all to refer to the link as some illegal way of obtaining the broadcasting?
This is a public section of the forum which gets indexed by search engines. What do you think someone will think if he search for 'jw broadcasting February 2017 link' and he bumps into your post? Which btw is absolutely nonsense to call it that way since it's not secret nor a hack in any way.

Sent from my LG-H440n using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, And_Ray said:

Could you please just STOP once and for all to refer to the link as some illegal way of obtaining the broadcasting?
This is a public section of the forum which gets indexed by search engines. What do you think someone will think if he search for 'jw broadcasting February 2017 link' and he bumps into your post? Which btw is absolutely nonsense to call it that way since it's not secret nor a hack in any way.

Sent from my LG-H440n using Tapatalk

It was supposed to be a joke.

1 minute ago, And_Ray said:

Not a good one :)

Actually, it was. Most people have no idea about IT. My mother thought I know some kind of secret access to tv.jw.org because I watched the broadcast a day before her. Another brother thought it was dubious. This kind of lack of IT affinity makes any sort of knowledge beyond what the average user knows seem like some kind of in-depth professional knowledge. And most people consider things they don't understand "hacking", like the leaking of the Podesta emails which weren't "hacked" in any way but the knucklehead fell into a "phishing" trap instead.

Don't get me wrong but you just blew your lid and panicked in my opinion.

Actually, it was. Most people have no idea about IT. My mother thought I know some kind of secret access to tv.jw.org because I watched the broadcast a day before her. Another brother thought it was dubious. This kind of lack of IT affinity makes any sort of knowledge beyond what the average user knows seem like some kind of in-depth professional knowledge. And most people consider things they don't understand "hacking", like the leaking of the Podesta emails which weren't "hacked" in any way but the knucklehead fell into a "phishing" trap instead.

Don't get me wrong but you just blew your lid and panicked in my opinion.

I totally agree with you and i understand what you're saying perfectly.
But I got into trouble and made myself a bad name just because of the early access to the broadcasting. Now those who know think I'm getting those videos in some illegal manner. And to make things worse, I can't explain how I get them because they wouldn't understand.
And because of this, I don't consider your post to be a joke.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, And_Ray said:

But I got into trouble and made myself a bad name just because of the early access to the broadcasting. Now those who know think I'm getting those videos in some illegal manner. And to make things worse, I can't explain how I get them because they wouldn't understand.

In my previous job, where I got laid off eventually, I had to work with an ERP software that didn't support copy + paste (Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V)

Eventually I managed to program this functions into my personal cusomized GUI. When I told somebody about this asking if they didn't need this essential function too, they asked me with what authority I am tampering with their ERP database. I said it had nothing to do with the central database but completely client-sided. My team-leader impatiently replied she doesn't understand what this talk about "client-sided" is.. Only a few days later, it was decided the server room was to be regularly locked up at a certain time. when she left the company. I had instances before that job where I solved people's PC problems, for example by means of the "CMD" console or something similar and was actually asked whether I was hacking. It's so stupid, so absolutely ignorant and braindead that all I can do about it is laugh and joke about it, otherwise I would have to cry.

So, I still think it's funny and I still call it "hacking" in respect to the overall ignorance of IT matters.

59 minutes ago, ChocoBro said:

I still need to know will it be up on

https://www.jw.org/download/?fileformat=MP4&output=html&pub=jwb&issue=201702

This evening and published tomorrow?

Or will it be available on the link tomorrow and then published Tuesday?

It's usually on the link early tomorrow then published on JW Broadcasting later tomorrow.

7 hours ago, And_Ray said:

I totally agree with you and i understand what you're saying perfectly.
And because of this, I don't consider your post to be a joke.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

There is a very worldly saying in the USA, 'What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas,' meaning that sometimes it is better to just keep things to yourself. 

When one subscribes to the podcast on jw.org to get an email notification and download link to the Watchtower and Awake magazines, that download link is from the same site as the monthly program.  No one seems to think it is wrong to download a pdf file from their email before the magazine is posted on jw.org but some have a problem with downloading a video before it is posted on jw.org or tv.jw.org.  We don't belong to a secret society, so why act like it.  The food is still coming from the faithful slave.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

3 minutes ago, Cheeks said:

I'm gonna stick with getting mine from jw.org - no fuss no muss

Lately it seems the broadcast is available on JWB just a few hours after its available by using the link, so unless you really want to watch the broadcast a few hours early, it's just as easy to wait for it to be available on JWB. It's a personal choice.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Lately it seems the broadcast is available on JWB just a few hours after its available by using the link, so unless you really want to watch the broadcast a few hours early, it's just as easy to wait for it to be available on JWB. It's a personal choice.

In my case it is still an internet speed thing.  I can download more quickly at night.  Plus it used to take several hours to complete.  So I start it during the night so as to finish on Monday during the morning.  Our family worship is Monday night and if I waited any longer it would not be possible to see it at that time.  Our congregation shows the video on Saturday, so I would like to view it at home before I go there.  As you say, personal choice.

It is still difficult to convey the fact that whether you go directly to the server or go to JW.Org and have them take you to the server, it is the same server at the same place and put there by the same people at the same time.  I don't try to explain it to those who are not interested in the information.  Just smile and wave.

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

It is still difficult to convey the fact that whether you go directly to the server or go to JW.Org and have them take you to the server, it is the same server at the same place and put there by the same people at the same time.  I don't try to explain it to those who are not interested in the information.  Just smile and wave.

yes, this sums it up. just smile and wave boyz... :D

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)