Obama LGBTQ
2 2

8 posts in this topic

According to a tally by the Human Rights Campaign, Obama's administration has made more than 125 changes to regulations and policies to expand LGBTQ rights, and Obama appointed more than 250 openly LGBTQ people to federal positions, including 15 judicial appointments and nine high-level diplomatic posts.

Kate Kendell, executive director of the National Center for Lesbian Rights, said the policy achievements tell only part of the story.

"More than all of this, he honestly and without reservation embraced and celebrated our community as part of the human family," she said. "He was not perfect, but he leaves a legacy that will be hard to beat."

In the past year alone, there were several telling moments.

In Britain, our former Prime Minister David Cameron cites his legislation on LGBT matters and same-sex marriage as his best achievements.

It makes me thinks about how we are going to stand out like a sore thumb at the GT.

ID:5   Posted (edited)

this was the other "O" final weekend party    ....  http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/barack-obama/white-house-hosts-star-studded-farewell-bash-obamas-n704276?cid=par-xfinity_20170107  

and tomorrows final finale:

speaking about Obama - wasn't Chicago reported the worst US city in 2016 for crime, shootings, murder, etc. ?     ...   what a fitting place to say "good- bye"   ...   http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/tickets-obama-farewell-speech-chicago-sell-out-409969115.html   ...  good time to get an extension on Obamacare, eh.

Edited by timpin

Transgender bathrooms at schools. I actually thought this was fake until Reuters started reporting on it, it was so unbelievably stupid.

4 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

Transgender bathrooms at schools. I actually thought this was fake until Reuters started reporting on it, it was so unbelievably stupid.

"Boys" "Girls" & "Whatever"?

6 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

I design ADA signs for businesses.  I've designed 2 transgender type signs for 2 colleges here in Ohio

Here is one

st128..jpg

nanceebgd46 and Tortuga like this