JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Continuous Play Feature

The very latest JWLibrary update has a continuous Play feature for audio files, which can be downloaded.

How long has this feature been available?

I don't have auto updates turned on in the Google Play store, because it always wanted to update when I was trying to download something.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

The very latest JWLibrary update has a continuous Play feature for audio files, which can be downloaded.

I don't have auto updates turned on in the Google Play store, because it always wanted to update when I was trying to download something.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Depending on what you are using. Windows has had a play button for a short while now (a couple months?) You can listen to the Bible (plays continuous), publications, songs/video (with continuous or shuffle). They can be streamed or downloaded.

Android finally updated with play features about a week ago.

2 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

It was just added with the last update. 

It is important to note - this is a STREAMING feature - NOT a DOWNLOAD feature.

The difference - you MUST have internet access for it to play. You can't download the audio and play it later when you do NOT have internet access.

Also, if your internet cuts in and out - the continuous play will STOP when the internet cuts out. You will have to restart it after your internet access gets re-established.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

On 12/01/2017 at 11:51 PM, outwalkin said:

Depending on what you are using. Windows has had a play button for a short while now (a couple months?) You can listen to the Bible (plays continuous), publications, songs/video (with continuous or shuffle). They can be streamed or downloaded.

Android finally updated with play features about a week ago.

I see the play all option on the Windows version, but where is the shuffle option?

I should clarify that I am using JW Library on my Windows PC, not a mobile device. Perhaps that feature hasnt yet arrived for PC?

Edited by jscotchie

3 hours ago, jscotchie said:

I see the play all option on the Windows version, but where is the shuffle option?

I should clarify that I am using JW Library on my Windows PC, not a mobile device. Perhaps that feature hasnt yet arrived for PC?

I thought I was seeing things??

I am using a Windows PC. 

When I bring up the audio files and choose a song from the list there is no shuffle button (one song only).

But if I tap the play button (streaming?) up top, the music starts with a ‘progress’ bar on the bottom. If I tap on that bar I get several options – skip forward, back, pause, go to end, beginning and shuffle.

When I choose video files each grouping has a ‘play all’ choice.

11 minutes ago, outwalkin said:

But if I tap the play button (streaming?) up top, the music starts with a ‘progress’ bar on the bottom

Edit: this isn't streaming. It will only shuffle or play continuous the songs I have downloaded.

Also note: things are different on Android.