JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A flu epidemic has plunged hospitals in several European countries into a care crisis.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2654 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I've noticed that this news was shown only once during the day, meanwhile such news as "plastic 3D violin" rotates all the day around in the each block of news... Mass media.... phew 

http://www.euronews.com/2017/01/12/struggling-to-care-hospitals-in-crisis-across-europe

"Absolute rubbish”

Our hospitals were reported on the news as being the worst winter for a virus. That is spreading like wildfire, I saw it first hand the corridors at our local hospital were lined with beds  & the ER was jam packed with people  ( sometimes a six to 8 hr wait)   to see a Dr.  I held my breath and washed my hands thourally when I left . Most vunerable, elderly . Children, those with compromised immune systems. 

For last week, only the Virgin Islands had no reported new flu activity. Twenty or more US States and Territories scored in the highest  category. The news casts I have heard report  a high number of states have excessive flu outbreak.  

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/usmap.htm

p.s. It is running rampant in our congregation. I would have stayed home today, but I have a part to practice with a teenaged Sister - baptized, homeschooler. How could I miss that?

Edited by kejedo

We know that in these last days things like this will be on the rise and out of control.

That said, it does make one wonder when hearing how wide spread these flu epidemics are reported to be ' are these actual cases of diagnosed "influenza" or just colds with "flu-like" symptoms?

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I understand temps in S. Korea are in below zero degrees, many people are sick with the flu and hospitals running out of rooms.   They culled their chickens and other fowl there, but I doubt if its the birds, but the people and smog.   So far I haven't heard to much about our brothers and sister's in S.Korea dying from this flu epidemic.   China experiencing same thing in various parts near the north. 

I understand temps in S. Korea are in below zero degrees, many people are sick with the flu and hospitals running out of rooms.   They culled their chickens and other fowl there, but I doubt if its the birds, but the people and smog.   So far I haven't heard to much about our brothers and sister's in S.Korea dying from this flu epidemic.   China experiencing same thing in various parts near the north. 

https://phys.org/news/2016-12-gloomy-year-rooster-bird-flu.html#jCp

I understand that in S. Korea, the first batches of eggs have arrived from USA.  They culled over several million chickens.  So much for the "year of the rooster" in S. Korea.  Their egg prices are out of control.  People fighting for eggs. in stores.  Their prices higher then ours.  I pay $3.00 a dozen for my brown tasty eggs.  They are organic and from a fresh free range farm!  

Edited by Allabord4Jah

I did not get a flu shot, normally don't.  However, I have managed to pick up a virus and have been sick since Dec 22.  My immune system isn't compromised, but this virus seems to cycle through cold like symptoms, then flu, then seemingly okay, to bronchitis and possibly pneumonia.  I am still not 100%.  I have plugged ears, nose, and glands are semi swollen which is indicative of an active immune response still occurring.  Prior to that I was experiencing gallbladder/kidney stone issues, and this has kept me home for a number of days/weeks.   

My husband wasn't impacted by the virus up until 5 days ago, where he got hoarse throat, and straight to bronchitis.  Difference being he's not allergic to penicillin and I am.  Our granddaughters seemed to have a bit of it, and then they were healthy again.  Poor things got sick at Disneyland.  

Long story short, I have no doubt that for those without a fully functioning immune system this could lead to hospitalizations.  We've had a few deaths in the province, mostly in southern Alberta though there have been numerous hospitalizations.  Truthfully, there were times when I felt as though I should maybe go.  Yet, I'm a stubborn mule and finally caved in to going to see the doctor Jan 9.

I'd rather die in the comfort of my own home, than go to some stinking hospital and catch 75 other diseases which might be floating around.

10 hours ago, cerebral ecstasy said:

I did not get a flu shot, normally don't........

I am one of those who cannot take the flu shot. Was at hosp Dec. 24, with bronchitis and they gave me some meds. Went right back to my primary, and she was upset b/c the hosp had not given me antibiotics. Without antibiotics, the bacterial infection in my bronchus tubes could have spread to the pneuma.  

Also had the round robin of symptoms. Sharon, we should have a table for two reserved for us (in front of the TV).  I read that the flu shot has no effect on the influenza AH3N2 making its rounds. Glad I went back to my primary.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/flu-season-getting-worse-cdc-says-n704061

The thing with flu vaccines is that you become a spreader of the flu for 30 days;  so flu season probably really starts when they start telling people to do "flu shots".....

I think the term is called "shedding".

Its kind of part of the conspiracy stuff.. so take it how you want...me personally i don't want them putting needles in me anymore.... I've had enough adverse reactions in my life time....

5 hours ago, kejedo said:

I am one of those who cannot take the flu shot. Was at hosp Dec. 24, with bronchitis and they gave me some meds. Went right back to my primary, and she was upset b/c the hosp had not given me antibiotics. Without antibiotics, the bacterial infection in my bronchus tubes could have spread to the pneuma.  

Also had the round robin of symptoms. Sharon, we should have a table for two reserved for us (in front of the TV).  I read that the flu shot has no effect on the influenza AH3N2 making its rounds. Glad I went back to my primary.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/flu-season-getting-worse-cdc-says-n704061

Can I request that our table for two be in the sunshine on a beach somewhere?  Let's watch the ocean somewhere temperate. 

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)