JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New Way To Eat Tuna

I'm keeping to a low carb thingy and am trying to find my way into new tuna recipes. My kryptonite is a grilled tuna and cheese on sourdough, groannn....

So I found this on Pinterest and thought I'd do it. The ingredient list is stuff you probably already have. I just exchanged almond flour for cracker meal. I like jalapenos so I did add extra.

http://tasteandsee.com/tuna-cakes/

They fried in avocado oil and did great. Not crumbly at all. I can take a couple of them to work easily.

tuna cakes.jpg

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

6 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

I would eat more fish except for one thing;  it tastes like fish---blechhhhpooey...

About the only fish I like is Bass...the other, other white meat...:eat:

Try soaking the fish in milk before cooking it.  For some reason, milk seems to get rid of that blechhhpooey fishy taste.:wacko:

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

9 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

I would eat more fish except for one thing;  it tastes like fish---blechhhhpooey...

About the only fish I like is Bass...the other, other white meat...:eat:

Hey Tim, if your fish tastes strong like fish it's because it's old. Fresh fish hardly has any taste at all that's why we use butter and lemon to enhance the flavor. And I agree. bass is incredible. And so is a good cod. I have cod out for tonight, beer batter and fried in fresh lard, when properly heating the oil it doesn't make the fish greasy. Bleck, gag.  (I shared my tuna patties with my buddy Br. Chuck, he nearly always gets a third of what I cook)

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I'm keeping to a low carb thingy and am trying to find my way into new tuna recipes. My kryptonite is a grilled tuna and cheese on sourdough, groannn....
So I found this on Pinterest and thought I'd do it. The ingredient list is stuff you probably already have. I just exchanged almond flour for cracker meal. I like jalapenos so I did add extra.
http://tasteandsee.com/tuna-cakes/

They fried in avocado oil and did great. Not crumbly at all. I can take a couple of them to work easily.

tuna cakes.jpg

Wonder how tastes with coconut flour? I will try coconut flour.

8 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

Wonder how tastes with coconut flour? I will try coconut flour.

I had that too, coconut flour needs more moisture and I was a little concerned about them being too dry as it was.  But maybe with a little more tuna oil left in and another egg it'll probably be good. I have home canned tuna so I'm not concerned about it being canola or some such.

There are two main kinds of canned tuna: chunk light and solid or chunk white (albacore). Most canned white tuna is albacore. Its mercury levels are almost three times higher than the smaller skipjack, used in most canned light tuna.

http://www.newsmax.com/Health/Health-News/tuna-mercury-risk/2015/05/19/id/645428/

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine/2015/06/too-much-tuna-too-much-mercury/index.htm

http://time.com/4259955/government-warnings-about-mercury-in-fish-inadequate-report/

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

• 5 weeks later...

tuna.thumb.jpg.c77f2ab7d212a252675701879931c3d2.jpg

Another tuna recipe- And yes I'm mindful not to eat too much fish too often

Ingredients

• 2 6-ounce cans of tuna, drained
  • 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
  • 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
  • 1/4 c. mayo
  • 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
  • Juice of 1/2 lemon
  • kosher salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • 4 large tomatoes
  • 2 c. shredded yellow cheddar

Directions

1. Heat broiler. In a large bowl, combine tuna, onion, parsley, mayo, mustard, and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
  2. Slice tomatoes into thirds. (Save the middle slices for later.) Place tops and bottoms face side up on a baking sheet. Spread tuna mixture on bottom halves and top with cheddar. Season top halves with season and pepper.
  3. Broil until cheddar is melty and golden, 4 to 5 minutes.

Edited by bagwell1987