JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

So, how many here watched the U.S. Presidential Inauguration?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2616 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Yeah, me neither. ..

Although,  there was one thing that,  initially,  I thought was funny.

Often times I will check YouTube for the latest news or events that occur,  many people submit short videos and it is a way to see what is going on. 

Yesterday was no exception,  there were several interesting offerings. 

The one that I am referring to was of former President Bill Clinton. 

I don't know what the seating arrangements were but in this clip you can see that he is behind and to the left of Michelle Obama and it appears that he was directly behind his wife, Hillary Clinton. The video catches Mr Clinton obviously checking out, in a lustful manner,  Mrs Obama.  She turns and looked at him for a moment and he just kinda nods at her in return.  The look on his face is disgusting,  he actually looked like the sexual predator that he is. He was practically drooling as he looked her up and down. 

The next bit of the video catches him leering at the Trump party, I couldn't tell exactly who but it was most likely an attractive female,  whether Mrs Trump or Mr Trumps daughter Ivanka.  He blatantly looks them up and down,  obvious in his desire,  sickening in his lust.

The part that initially made me laugh was when his wife caught him, she turned around and saw him leering and then gave him a pretty good stare for a few seconds during which time he ignored her, lost in his fantasy.  When he finally realized she had caught him, he just gave her a quick side eye glance and kept on leering.  Hillary looked at him for a moment longer and then turned away without a word but the look on her face was interesting.  She looked a little embarrassed but mostly just resigned,  like she had caught a dog in the act of messing in the yard but  'what are you gonna do, dogs will be dogs'...

After thinking about this for a while I decided that it wasn't funny at all, it was much more sickening and disgusting to witness, that he could display such depravity openly in the public eye and knowingly on camera for the world to see and to have such disrespect for his wife to embarrass her like that. 

My takeaway from this?

It makes me appreciate even more so our King and his rule. I trust that Jesus' rule will be perfectly administered and he absolutely will not fall prey to fleshly desires of money or fame or sexual infidelity ...

It also makes me hate this system that the biggest loser in history has made for himself even more than I did before,  and I am eager to see it destroyed along with all the depravity that it holds.

Come, Lord Jesus....

Edited by tekmantwo

This system is a mess ... I feel like we have to navigate the crazies in straight jackets ... (I'm talking instituions not individuals here). 

It's like confusion ... its not going to take much to fall on its face.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

I watched it.  Both for the history and the histrionics.  I wanted be right there already watching in case an assassins bullet rang out.

Actually, it's quite a historical event for the city I was born and raised in.  Vice President Mike Pence and I share the same home town.  Kids from the high school he went to (I went to the cross-town rival high school 10 years after Pence graduated) marched as one of the high school bands in the Inaugural Parade.

http://www.therepublic.com/mike_pence/

So, it's pretty exciting even for someone politically neutral.

Well,  I did. I watched it live. It was the first time in my life and it was very interesting ritual to watch.
I felt like I was watching the opera, all those decorations and  costumes....

The funniest thing though was all those priests and rebe and others religious leaders all together,

just like on the pictures in our publications.

I watched it to see if he said peace and security. Obama did iirc.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

I watched a little -- for mostly mundane reasons. I just loved the stylish clothing the Trump women were wearing. That blue outfit Mrs. Trump was wearing was so elegant/beautiful *sigh* as was the white pantsuit/coat Ivanka Trump was wearing. 

Of course there was also the draw of seeing Trump's seemingly improbable rise to the presidency actually happen. It's sure going to be interesting to see what happens next. It feels like the whole world is in the throes of change.

But those clothes -- so pretty! 

Since I sleep late and wake up late, I didn't see it live but I watched the inauguration speech on YouTube. Wasn't at all impressed. What got me was that guy reading the prayer before their lunch. Your not supposed to read a prayer!!! And I didn't know about that footage of bill staring at women until I saw this thread and searched for it. That stare that Hillary gave bill Clinton was priceless. Now that Trump is officially in office, I'm eager to see the action he will take because I've never heard a politician make so many promises.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

I forgot to mention that one time I was in a grocery store and there was a man with sunglasses on in the store looking at another woman while he stood next to his wife. His wife snatched his sun glasses off his face and scolded him. You could see were his eyes were once she snatched off the glasses. It was hilarious :lol:

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

I worked,  so was not able.  But yes, Mrs. Trump's blue outfit was stunning!  It reminded me of what Jackie O would have worn.  I saw a photo shoot of Michelle OBama and it was incredible.  She appears to be such a lady in all she wears and says.  She radiates kindness in her speeches. Her husband also speaks with great dignity.  What a joke Trump looks like next to him.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

On 22.1.2017 at 4:53 PM, ouzo said:

The first thing I thought when I read Trump's speech, it was that horn

Which reminds me of my little photoshop project

In any case I watched the "Bad Lip Reading" version of it and I had to burst out laughing at some of the jokes even if some others were really bad.

1 hour ago, ChocoBro said:

Which reminds me of my little photoshop project

In any case I watched the "Bad Lip Reading" version of it and I had to burst out laughing at some of the jokes even if some others were really bad.

I hadn't seen your photoshop project. So true! 

1 hour ago, ChocoBro said: