JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Plans are underway to build North American/Mexican border wall

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2604 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Donald Trump has announced that plans to build the border wall are underway. Unlike what he claimed in the beginning, it will be paid for by American tax dollars and he claims Mexico will reimburse the US for the wall... we'll see... https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/01/25/politics/donald-trump-build-wall-immigration-executive-orders/index.html?client=safari

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

I wonder how many undocumented workers will get paid to work on the wall...

Oh by the way, the third brick from the left is loose...:)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Just watched a nature show on PBS that says the wall will decimate the populations of rare animals

that migrate back and forth between the USA and Mexico.  Desert cats and such.  

This talks about it too:

Trump's Border Wall Would Be a Disaster for Wildlife

In previous articles in this series we've looked at a some of the likely unintended environmental consequences of the gigantic border wall proposed by Republican Presidential candidate Donald Trump, from the climate impacts of such a massive construction project to the wall's inevitable disruption of stream courses resulting in massive floods.

But some of the longest-lasting environmental consequences of the proposed border wall would result from the wall doing precisely what it's supposed to do: stop migration across the border. The wall will impede a lot more than just human beings from migrating. It will stop animals as well, and their genes, and even the plant species they disperse.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

24 minutes ago, SheyZ said:

private contractor doesn't mean the contractors won't hire more people...

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Happy excited.GIFCongrats on your very first post, my dear shy Sister Shey!!!Hello Nice ta meet yah.gif 

See...that wasn't so bad now, was it.No grinning.gif

Can't wait to read and share more thoughts with you.Happy Big Smile.gif

Get Well Soon Teal and Yellow.gif

Me----->Happy dance2.gifHappy dance2.gif<-------You...when you're feelin' up to it, that is.Thats okay.gif  Bat eyes smirk.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I have a feeling that if this system does last long enough he will somehow financially blackmail Mexico into paying for it...

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Sorry Ross i dont know how to anseer u back... this is a test.

Happy excited.GIFCongrats on your very first post, my dear shy Sister Shey!!!Hello Nice ta meet yah.gif 
See...that wasn't so bad now, was it.No grinning.gif
Can't wait to read and share more thoughts with you.Happy Big Smile.gif
Get Well Soon Teal and Yellow.gif
Me----->Happy dance2.gifHappy dance2.gifThats okay.gif  Bat eyes smirk.gif

Oh!! the REPLY button does work... message just looked funny sending from my phone..
i used tapatalk app. your gifs.... don't come out good on my phone. i will have to go back to my email account to see things clearly. i don't use email often just phone apps.

anyway thanks for all your sweet words and silly gifs. i am feeling pretty good... lungs barely rattle. vocal cords must have taken a real beating with all the coughing and such.. can't talk long without my whole neck hurting, kind of a weird hurt. not a sore throat. u know how very hard it is for me to shut my mouth to .. i have written alot of notes to my mom today... she is not amused...

21 hours ago, vern said:

lol....  some are saying all the stuff he's gonna do is gonna be privately contracted... so much for trying to get people decent jobs. 

Just me being negative and pessimistic.  -_-

That's how all jobs are.  They are either private sector or government jobs.  Privately contracted jobs could employ lots of people.

• 2 weeks later...