JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW.org - Kazakhstan Authorities Entrap and Imprison Witnesses on Fabricated Charges

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2487 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

That link doesn't work.  It doesn't even go to the website.  This one goes directly to the article. 

https://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/kazakhstan/witnesses-imprisoned-20170126/

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

• 2 months later...
48 minutes ago, Omo_Yeme said:

From 3 weeks ago. I wonder if there is something saying how the trial went.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

br teymor was invited to a rented apartment by a group of 'SEVEN MEN' who claim to have interest,and he went "ALONE".

mathew 10:16 “Look! I am sending you out as sheep among wolves; so prove yourselves cautious as serpents ..."

considering the problematic climate in Kazakhstan and the number of people in that group i expect br teymor to have thought more carefully and probably consulted with some matured brothers before honoring such an invitation (it didn't seem like he took this precaution).
i think this is a very important lesson we need to learn from so that we don't keep putting ourselves into dangers that could have been easily avoided.
however,our heart goes out to our beloved brother and we will keep putting him in our earnest prayers.

Sent from my TECNO P9 using Tapatalk

Long back,i narrowly escaped this kind of situation.
3 RSS members (very staunch hindu followers) invited me for a discussion when I may them accidentally in house to house.
The young guys said their uncle was out and it would be better if i could come when he there.
So I agreed to come back later.
I promised to come back and left house.
Co was doing field in the next lane.
After we all finished and accumulated at a sister's house and I started narrating the whole thing and and told them what had happened and my plans to go back and meet them again , the co brother said that i was fortunate to come back without broken bones.
The reason why they wanted me to come again was to beat me up.
Thank God.
My persecutions were postponed....

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, ishaya moses said:

br teymor was invited to a rented apartment by a group of 'SEVEN MEN' who claim to have interest,and he went "ALONE".emoji15.png

mathew 10:16 “Look! I am sending you out as sheep among wolves; so prove yourselves cautious as serpents ..."

considering the problematic climate in Kazakhstan and the number of people in that group i expect br teymor to have thought more carefully and probably consulted with some matured brothers before honoring such an invitation (it didn't seem like he took this precaution).
i think this is a very important lesson we need to learn from so that we don't keep putting ourselves into dangers that could have been easily avoided.
however,our heart goes out to our beloved brother and we will keep putting him in our earnest prayers.

Sent from my TECNO P9 using Tapatalk

He was not alone. Asaf Guliev was with him but he left the truth when persecuted.

During the JWB broadcast of the Russian court proceedings, I remember Brother Sanderson saying that he was in Kazakhstan briefly before returning to Russia.  I wondered if he was able to see our Brother Akhmedov at his incarceration at that time?

Edited by Omo_Yeme

Since Akhmedov's 18 January arrest, a judge and other officials have repeatedly refused to release him from Investigation Prison to undergo hospital treatment for cancer.

Akhmedov has stated that he was tortured in jail

he Judge sentenced Akhmedov to five years' imprisonment in a general regime labour camp.

This is an example of modern day Job..

I can visualize Jehovah talking to satan pointing to brother Akhmedov 

“There is no one like him in the earth, a man blameless and upright, fearing God and turning aside from bad.” (Job 1:8)

Praying for him.:praying:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

7 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

Since Akhmedov's 18 January arrest, a judge and other officials have repeatedly refused to release him from Investigation Prison to undergo hospital treatment for cancer.

Akhmedov has stated that he was tortured in jail

he Judge sentenced Akhmedov to five years' imprisonment in a general regime labour camp.

This is an example of modern day Job..

I can visualize Jehovah talking to satan pointing to brother Akhmedov 

“There is no one like him in the earth, a man blameless and upright, fearing God and turning aside from bad.” (Job 1:8)

Praying for him.:praying:

Labour camp? Really? I hoped it was just a prison.

The sad thing is that many of these lawyers, officials, and professionals probably started out their careers really wanting to make a difference, protect the society and defend freedoms. And then they end up in cases like this one which clearly is a travesty of justice.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Forum18.org:

The KNB secret police arrested two Jehovah's Witnesses, the 43-year-old Asaf Guliyev and Teymur Akhmedov, on 18 January after launching a criminal case against them under Article 174, Part 2 ("Incitement of social, national, clan, racial, or religious hatred or discord"). The KNB allege that between May and October 2016 the two men insulted the faith of non-Jehovah's Witnesses as they spoke about their own faith to young men who turned out to be KNB agents, who secretly video-recorded their conversations (see F18News 2 February 2017 http://www.forum18.org/archive.php?article_id=2252).

The KNB told Radio Free Europe's Kazakh Service on 13 February that in searches at the two men's homes and at the religious community's temporary address, officers then confiscated copies of 18 different books. The books were "earlier not recommended for import into or distribution in Kazakhstan on the basis of a religious-studies expert conclusion by the Religious Affairs Committee", it added.

KNB investigators separated the case against the two men, Guliyev and Akhmedov, apparently in February.

Prosecutors sent the case against Guliyev to Astana's Saryarka Court No. 2 on 16 February, according to court records. On 24 February, Judge Bolat Pazylov found him guilty under Criminal Code Article 174, Part 2. The Judge handed down a sentence of five years' restricted freedom.  In deciding not to imprison Guliyev, the Judge took into account his "full recognition of his guilt and pure-hearted repentance", newtimes.kz noted on 28 February. Guliyev was defended in court by a government lawyer, Forum 18 learned.

"Full recognition of his guilt and pure-hearted repentance"?  Can someone clarify the above statement? Are we to understand that the 43-year-old individual backed down under threat of government persecution? 

Edited by Omo_Yeme

15 minutes ago, Omo_Yeme said:

Forum18.org:

"Full recognition of his guilt and pure-hearted repentance"?  Can someone clarify the above statement? Are we to understand that the 43-year-old individual backed down under threat of government persecution? 

See post #10

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

more detailed   ...   

7 hours ago, Omo_Yeme said:

Forum18.org:

more detailed report   ...   http://www.forum18.org/archive.php?article_id=2277

• 1 month later...

From jw.org:

On June 20, 2017, the Astana City Court dismissed Teymur Akhmedov’s appeal of his criminal conviction, affirming a five-year prison term and an additional three-year ban on his religious activity. An international human rights lawyer who was present in the courtroom on June 20 stated: “It is a travesty of justice because evidence in support of Mr. Akhmedov was overwhelming.” His lawyers are considering further appeals.

I will continue to pray for my brother and his family. :praying: