JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Ban on re-entry to us from 7 countries?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2631 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 1/29/2017 at 2:54 PM, Shawnster said:

Perhaps we could all use a review of the Daniel book.  The little horn had nothing to do with a single person. Daniel 7:7,8

Edited by rbrown1205

added scripture

1 minute ago, Samira said:

... a Sister (she is from Texas) came today in our KH and her first words were:

"Trump is doing the right thing"

My husband and another Elder nearly choked .......there goes the neutrality....:zipmouth:

Yikes!!!

7 hours ago, Samira said:

... a Sister (she is from Texas) came today in our KH and her first words were:

"Trump is doing the right thing"

My husband and another Elder nearly choked .......there goes the neutrality....:zipmouth:

:mellow2::mellow2::mellow2::mellow2::mellow2::mellow2::mellow2::mellow2:!

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

It's undeniable that a considerable section of the mass media is against Trump and will not hesitate to say anything, true or not, to criticize him. Many things are being said that are not true, such as that people are being denied entrance from any Muslim country, or from any country, or that Americans who travel to certain countries might be denied entrance. That is not true nor does it make any sense. The countries whose immigrants are not allowed into the US are: Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen. All of them countries sunk in anarchy and chaos with different terrorist factions controlling wide areas of their territory (well, maybe not Iran).

Denying entrance to people who already have a visa or was living legally in the US doesn't make sense and will with certainty be overturned by the judicial system. But strictly limiting immigration from countries that are infested with terrorists seems quite common sense IMO.

I hope no one says I am not being neutral, because I couldn't care less who is ruling in America. But enforcing your borders when there is a serious threat is simply logical. It's funny that agreeing with the president of the US on that point is violating Christian neutrality but saying it's a crazy and stupid law is being perfectly neutral.

Edited by carlos

2 hours ago, carlos said:

I hope no one says I am not being neutral, because I couldn't care less who is ruling in America. But enforcing your borders when there is a serious threat is simply logical. It's funny that agreeing with the president of the US on that point is violating Christian neutrality but saying it's a crazy and stupid law is being perfectly neutral.

Carlos, I don't think it's a matter of whether Trump is right or wrong, logical or illogical. I think because of the political climate that currently exist, it's wise to avoid even appearing to take a side with certain emotionally charged topics. 

What ive seen happen is one brother or sister agrees with Trump or disagrees. Another has the opposite view based on background and upbringing or being more or less informed....then the debate ensues. Or they are speaking to someone at work and now cannot claim to be neutral. Just much wiser to keep focus on the real solution. Personally I have an opinion....it's hard not to, but I have to bite my lip often. :shutup:

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

we had to cancel our Trip to HQ Warwick....reasons: I am born in an Arabic country

and have also an Arabic first Name.......don't take the chance after Trumps "wise decision"

I always get extra attention at  airports....even I am German with a German Passport...and this even before

this "fantastic" Ban.....

All our leaders say and do things we either agree with or disagree with. And sometimes it doesn't cross neutrality boundaries. But we do have to very careful now. The world's political mix is very volatile, and we can easily end up so close to crossing that neutral zone. I know we don't mean to but it happens easy now.

8 hours ago, Samira said:

we had to cancel our Trip to HQ Warwick....reasons: I am born in an Arabic country

and have also an Arabic first Name.......don't take the chance after Trumps "wise decision"

I always get extra attention at  airports....even I am German with a German Passport...and this even before

Now it begins.... :mellow2:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

The above comments of sister Samira and the sister from Texas she cited as praising trumps decision, is an example of what I'm talking about. 

Because one is Arabic in name and looks, she has unjustly experienced prejudices based on that.

The sister from Texas is from a state that has seen many illegal immigrants come in and create problems for US citizens.

Right or wrong, Each ones experience influences their view in the current political climate. 

If we're not careful to be neutral we could even be at odds with one another.

Some may think they're being neutral by not agreeing with the president. But being neutral means not agreeing or disagreeing.

Disagreeing can just give the appearance that we are sympathetic to the other political party.

Just understanding that the world is a mess and no matter who the leaders are, how

unlikeable they are, or how charming they may be.....they will be forcibly removed and replaced by the Kingdom.

Edited by Pjdriver

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

20 hours ago, Pjdriver said:

Carlos, I don't think it's a matter of whether Trump is right or wrong, logical or illogical. I think because of the political climate that currently exist, it's wise to avoid even appearing to take a side with certain emotionally charged topics. 

Yes, you are right. Even though giving one's personal opinion doesn't necessarily violate our neutrality it can create disunity and controversy. It's better to avoid that. 

On 1 February 2017 at 9:22 PM, Stormswift said:

Haha g'day there Dave, nah im down in wangas ... you know that place no-one knows how to spell? haha. 

Oh, I have some friends who just moved down your way from Auckland not that long ago. You might have met them. Terry and Jo Smith. Last I heard they were offering us one of their spare beds if we come for a visit... Haha.

Kingdom Rule required! Soon no borders or documents will be necessary to travel! You will be visiting HQ in Warwick soon without a hassle.

I wonder if anyone has told Trump that banning people from Islamic countries could cause some muslims in the United States to become radicalized and commit crimes here...

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Terrorism that is "home-grown" is becoming the real terrorism threat, and bolting the door to immigration is not going to solve anything.

Our Immigration Minister a few months ago stated: " that the Fraser government (of the 1970's) made a mistake by resettling Lebanese refugees.... "The advice I have is that out of the last 33 people who have been charged with terrorist-related offences in this country, 22 of those people are from second and third generation Lebanese-Muslim background," he said. "

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-21/peter-dutton-fraser-made-mistake-resettling-lebanese-refugees/8043624

This is the minister that sounds eerily like Trump when he claimed he spoke the truth and would not be intimidated. He said: "I have been factual in what I said and I want to make sure that we have the best possible country." http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-24/peter-dutton-defends-comments-on-lebanese-muslim-refugees/8053350

Other reports support that the radicalisation of immigrant youth is quite prevalent :

"The new Gen Z extremists — who are even more fearless and willing to die — have taken inspiration from the members of the Pendennis terror cell that planned a series of attacks in Sydney and Melbourne a decade ago.

Security expert Clive Williams told a police conference this week that they are less likely to question their orders and more likely to carry out suicide missions."  http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/homegrown-terror-forget-immigrants-sydneys-real-threat-comes-from-within/news-story/6997c0166ab2cd0aadb91ee6e34698a5

Several residents of Canada & the US have had their NEXUS border passes revoked. So much for people with permanent resident cards or green cards not being impacted.

The choice to revoke the  NEXUS cards - whose holders are already extremely vetted- is made by the individual officer.

Just on noon news - TTC union locals ( Toronto Transit ) have been locked out of their offices by American union headquarters. The headquarters gave no warning and no reason.

"Not open to any agreement" comes to mind.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

I think this topic is starting to shift out of Neutral. :mellow:

Is that the middle finger in the above post?

Edited by Pjdriver

5 hours ago, pnutts said:

"Not open to any agreement" comes to mind.

I'm not sure I'm following, Burt. Wasn't Peter just stating facts of how entities are reacting, doing things without warning? Is this crossing the line of neutrality by just reporting what's happened in Canada? Yes, it's slightly off the topic of Trump's ban, but I think it does show how changeable things have become, from one day to the next. And the climate of unrest and disagreements.

If you noticed, both Canadian permanent residents and US residents are affected with revoking NEXUS cards - since the ban was put in place.

100,000 have had their visas revoked. Some of those are children who were scheduled for major operations.

Some officials are going beyond what was written, or the mixed messages are deliberate.

Again, no matter where you live "Not open to any agreement" comes to mind.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

1 hour ago, hatcheckgirl said:

I'm not sure I'm following, Burt. Wasn't Peter just stating facts of how entities are reacting, doing things without warning? Is this crossing the line of neutrality by just reporting what's happened in Canada? Yes, it's slightly off the topic of Trump's ban, but I think it does show how changeable things have become, from one day to the next. And the climate of unrest and disagreements.

Lucy, Burt wasn't referring to Peter's post, but to another post that has since been removed. :)

Edited by carlos