JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Name a movie quote that gives away the film WITHOUT saying the title

Ok, smarty pants, lets see if you can  name the following movie quote from the early 1900's

"                                                                                                                                                                        "

:lol1:

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This one is still waiting ....

I'll list all the clues from the earlier posts here - plus a new one:

I just hate meeting new, and interesting, and attractive people. Don't you even think of starting up a conversation with *me*! Can I please have some macaroni?

Oh, I'm just an experiment gone horribly awry in the Personnel Department.

Do I always sound like such an idiot or, or do I just save it for the people I really want to impress?

*One* of us fell down last night.

Are you assuming this morning's encounter has made us friends and we're now going to have a conversation?

You know what's funny? If today was really today, I woulda quit by now.

You really like me a lot. You just can't remember it.

Mom, I'll call you back. The day's repeating.

Yeah. I'd say, like, you and a vicious ice cream headache are probably neck and neck.

Self-interest. I, I've been watching you out of my office for such a long time. The other day, I gathered up the nerve to actually speak to you. I made a fool out of myself, but I thought, "Hey, I'll, I'll have another chance to speak to you some day, right?" But then you... well.

It's Wednesday

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 hour ago, walkr2 said:

"They call me Mister Tibbs!"

Very well acted, very well written. When channel surfing and we come upon the movie regardless beginning, middle or late, we are watching it again. Excellent performance on the part of the whole cast.

Oh, if you don't already know, "In the heat of the night" :) :D !!!

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

This one is still waiting ....

I'll list all the clues from the earlier posts here - plus a new one:

I just hate meeting new, and interesting, and attractive people. Don't you even think of starting up a conversation with *me*! Can I please have some macaroni?

Oh, I'm just an experiment gone horribly awry in the Personnel Department.

Do I always sound like such an idiot or, or do I just save it for the people I really want to impress?

*One* of us fell down last night.

Are you assuming this morning's encounter has made us friends and we're now going to have a conversation?

You know what's funny? If today was really today, I woulda quit by now.

You really like me a lot. You just can't remember it.

Mom, I'll call you back. The day's repeating.

Yeah. I'd say, like, you and a vicious ice cream headache are probably neck and neck.

Self-interest. I, I've been watching you out of my office for such a long time. The other day, I gathered up the nerve to actually speak to you. I made a fool out of myself, but I thought, "Hey, I'll, I'll have another chance to speak to you some day, right?" But then you... well.

It's Wednesday

I'm starting to think I haven't watched this film, lol. I don't recognize any of it.

6 hours ago, Qapla said:

Not groundhog day - in fact, they sued ghd for stealing their story 

Wow, that's very interesting!

4 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

I Googled a quote... Forgive me

Ha ha, that's cheating! :lol:

Google or not, I have still not seen the title of this movie ......

Do I need to name one or more of the actors?

16 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Google or not, I have still not seen the title of this movie ......

Do I need to name one or more of the actors?

The First 50 Dates

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

No - it is not 50 First Dates.

About the lawsuit ....

Robert Lupoff (author)

A brilliant young filmmaker named Jonathan Heap made a superb 30-minute version of my short story (Originally in the December 1973 issue of The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction). It was an Oscar nominee in 1990, and was later adapted (very loosely) into a two-hour Fox movie. The story was also adapted—actually plagiarized—into a major theatrical film in 1993 (Groundhog Day). Jonathan Heap and I were outraged and tried very hard to go after the rascals who had robbed us, but alas, the Hollywood establishment closed ranks. We were no Art Buchwald. After half a year of lawyers' conferences and emotional stress, we agreed to put the matter behind us and get on with our lives.

Also - Instead of the actors, I will name some characters:

Barry Thomas

Lisa Fredericks

Dr. Moxley

Edited by Qapla

I'll give half-marks - especially since you posted a link that does include the answer and an image that I cannot see and still did NOT name the title ..... as in, type the title in your post (tu)

So - I will go ahead and give the answer for everyone to know

The movie is 12:01

1201.jpg.4df3251af97261bfa575899cdf8b57b7.jpg

I'll give half-marks - especially since you posted a link that does include the answer and an image that I cannot see and still did NOT name the title ..... as in, type the title in your post (tu)

I'll take it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Great movie! Did anybody see it?

On 6/15/2017 at 1:33 AM, Bjern said:

"So you're just going to finish your beer and then fly a machine?"

"Yeah, I'm kind of nervous about the storm."

No guesses? Well here's more of that conversation...

"You're flying out right now?"

"Just gonna finish my beer..."

"The weather doesn't look so great."

"It's not."

"Looks like there's a storm moving in."

"Yeah."

"Brewing."

"Yeah."

"So you're just going to finish your beer and then fly a machine?"

"Yeah, I'm kind of nervous about the storm. So I get a couple of beers down."

On 5/7/2017 at 9:51 PM, Vinnie said:

Ok, smarty pants, lets see if you can  name the following movie quote from the early 1900's

"                                                                                                                                                                        "

:lol1: