JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

“Donaeld The Unready” tweets as if Trump is a mad medieval king

“Donaeld The Unready” tweets as if Trump is a mad medieval king

“Make Mercia Great Again!” The new Twitter account Donaeld The Unready casts Trump as a medieval king, obsessed with draining the East Anglian fens, building shield walls and the bad monk Bede. Here are 9 of our favourites.

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2017/02/07/donaeld-the-unready-tweets-as-if-trump-is-a-mad-medieval-king/

Edited by Shawnster

Are you contributing to making fun of him by posting this?

Is that part of being neutral?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

21 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Are you contributing to making fun of him by posting this?

Is that part of being neutral?

Maybe I should just close it.  I  didn't view this as promoting one side or the other.  The ability to laugh at oneself is sorely needed.  But if you are offended, I'll remove the link.  

Plus I never said I personally felt one way or another.  I merely shared a link.  No different than sharing a Saturday Night Live video.  Maybe it's a violation of Christian neutrality to watch SNL.

I have to say though that the descripton of 'unready' is apt. I really don't think he knows what he's got himself into. The world stage is performing a very quirky play ... with untrained actors.  Although i'd never pay to see them, the reveiws are interesting.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

1 hour ago, Esined said:

I personally don't think there's anything political about having a sense of humor about the actions of any public figure.

Anytime we have made personal comments about any poltician the issue of neutrality comes up. I was just wondering where we draw the line.

I think political humor can be funny but it can create divisions depending on whether or not you like the politician and it shows others how we feel,  so we need to be cautious. 

To paraphrase bro Jackson,  are we showing our neutrality if we are laughing at the idiot in office?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

With all due respect, Brother Jackson was talking about elections and taking political sides in our heart, and getting wrapped up in empty promises made by politicians. He said, "Are we thinking in our heart, I hope that idiot doesn't get into office? Or even worse, are we hoping the other [candidate] *does* get into office?" In fact, I think it's pretty funny and telling that he used the word "idiot" (as did the brothers and sisters who could be heard laughing in the background).

Neutrality means remembering and living our allegiance to God's Kingdom and not that of any human government. While, just as you said, we have to be cautious and wise about when and how to express our thoughts, especially if someone is likely to misinterpret them as meaning we support one side or another, or to avoid being divisive, neutrality does not mean that we check our common sense at the door when an candidate or elected official says and does things that a) are just silly and even worse, b ) are at odds with Bible principles regarding morality, materialism, ethics, hypocrisy, and impartiality. 

Also re satire--just as an example, SNL  has parodied every president, no matter which "side"! I think as long as we are able to (in the right place and time) laugh at / be critical of the whole rotten political system and its players without taking sides in its battles, it doesn't become a neutrality issue.

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

Anytime we have made personal comments about any poltician the issue of neutrality comes up. I was just wondering where we draw the line.

I personally have tried to draw the line on here when comments look like specific support of one person, candidate, or party over the other.  Saying Trump is better than Obama, or Obama is better than trump, for example.  

Edited by Shawnster

2 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

I personally have tried to draw the line on here when comments look like specific support of one person, candidate, or party over the other.  Saying Trump is better than Obama, or Obama is better than trump, for example.  

I was thinking about the merged Trump thread and I think there were several times that comments or jokes were made about the political candidates and several of the moderators warned us about maintaining our neutrality, so I was wondering where we draw the line.

Is it appropriate for a Christian to participate in political satire?

(this is not a rhetorical question)

22 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Is it appropriate for a Christian to participate in political satire?

(this is not a rhetorical question)

Personally, I don't think it is appropriate to make fun of mentally unstable people.  I personally don't know any mentally stable politicians.  I don't think any one is better or worse than the other.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

• 4 weeks later...

There is another high-ranking politician in Europe making major headlines at the moment who is seriously the biggest moron on the global political stage I have ever experienced. There's a lot of frustration and anger going around about his lack of diplomatic skills and his geopolitical moves.

Of course, I think my part about this particular individual, especially given since I've researched his past and know where he comes from and how he views matters, I feel he is one of the scariest whackos since Hitler and Stalin (which sort of puts all this Trump bashing into perspective for me).

Many of my workmates are regularly discussing the long-term implications of such a lunatic being in power of this large country that I'm talking about. I do worry about my brothers there. But the fact is, a lot of its nationals live in my country and discussing or joking about this guy with them would lead to a fist-fight or stabbing.

There are people willing to kill Trump over there in the USA, or kill a Trump supporter, and quite possibly vice versa, too. I would just leave it.

Edited by ChocoBro