JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Weather Change from a year ago

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2526 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

West Coasters take note, what a change in the weather, my post from last year this date:

"The groundhog has left the studio, 75 degrees here in Newport, OR.

Posted February 8, 2016"

Today 48 degrees heavy rain (Expect 5 inches this 24 hrs.) 60 MPH winds with gusts to 70.

One thing I have learned in counting on the weather, you can't count on it.

What is going on in your area?

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Last year at this time:  extremely cold but very little snow.

This year: above average temps and more snow than we've seen in the past few years.

I'm sick and tired of--and sore from--shoveling.Winter Blizzard.gif

We got a foot of snow yesterday and our Mid-week meeting had to be canceled.

Snow Joke.gif

The side roads have not been plowed out yet and I nearly got stuck bringing my neighbor her mail.

I was driving/plowing through 2 and 3 foot drifts.  

Snowplow.gif

La Nina has been full of little quirky weather surprises for us Yoopers, this year.

Yooper saying:  We have nine months of Winter and three months of bad snowmobiling.Snowmobiling.gif   ^_^

Two days ago, in Michigan's Lower Peninsula, my hubby's sister said they had 45 degrees with the forecast calling

for mid and upper 50s the following day.

Our roads have been exceptionally icy because of the warmer temps.  I would much rather drive in snow than on ice.yes.gif

Winter Skating by red scarf.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

We are getting lots of rain in Northern California. The flood control district is using weirs, gates and spillway that haven't been used in years. One of the major dams north of us had a portion of the spillway wash out when they were using it so now they can't release water ahead of the next storm. I'm sure everyone hopes they get the dam spillway fixed soon...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

All winter we've fluctuated from the mid 20s F highs to record high temps in the upper 50s.  It's been a cycle for the pat month of rising to the high 50s then dropping to the 20s then back up.  The ground thawed at one point, I'm sure of it.  Lots of rain.  It's snowing right now in northeast Ohio.  We're expecting about an inch or two.   Sunday will be back up in the 40s.

We've had the same scenario, in the teens, frozen and lots of snow just a few miles off the beach. Then back up to the 40's and 50's. Just when I think it's gonna stay above freezing it dips again. Grrr.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Our weather has been somewhat typical Florida weather

A few days of biting cold (nothing near the cold of many of you) then back to the 70s and 80s with some actual near 90 thrown in

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

We got up to 87 degrees today, the  lowest I recall was right at 30 and that was only a few days.  I'd welcome more colder weather but it looks like its not gonna happen. :(

Edited by loving life

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

Summer here is normally and consistently in the mid to high 30's (celsius) (you'll have to do your own conversion :raspberry:) with peaks into the 40's and very little rain for 3+ months.  February is our hottest month usually, but today it is going to be 20C,  which is a winter temperature for us and is unheard of  for summer in the 40+ years I have lived in this state. Also, rain is forecast for the next 6 days, another first in the middle of summer.  :depressed: :depressed:  

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

11 hours ago, loving life said:

We got up to 87 degrees today, the  lowest I recall was right at 30 and that was only a few days.  I'd welcome more colder weather but it looks like its not gonna happen. :(

Yesterday some areas got a high 72 in the afternoon - people walking around with no coats on!!!

Today  early morning - schools cancelled -Accuweather snow storm and perhaps blizzard conditions!!! :confused:

New Jersey Sis

Edited by CyreJay

33 minutes ago, trottigy said:

Warmest winter ever for us. We are already in Spring - plants flowering and 70° weather.

You had to rub that is in our noses didn't you? Expecting 12-16 inches of snow today with strong winds:cry:

Edited by Pjdriver

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

10 hours ago, CyreJay said:

Yesterday some areas got a high 72 in the afternoon - people walking around with no coats on!!!

Today  early morning - schools cancelled -Accuweather snow storm and perhaps blizzard conditions!!! :confused:

New Jersey Sis

Talk about crazy weather, there it is! :whistling:That's why some of us stay sick too.

5 hours ago, trottigy said:

Warmest winter ever for us. We are already in Spring - plants flowering and 70° weather.

Us too! I am sadden by this, because I can in winter colder weather put on lots of clothes to get warm, but in hot summer and hot winter months I cannot take off all my clothes to get cooled. Nor would I like too, no just no.:nope:  Therefore, I am hot all year round these days.  Oh, but better weather is just ahead.....come Kingdom come!

Edited by loving life

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

On Wednesday, February 08, 2017 at 1:42 PM, Tortuga said:

We are getting lots of rain in Northern California. The flood control district is using weirs, gates and spillway that haven't been used in years. One of the major dams north of us had a portion of the spillway wash out when they were using it so now they can't release water ahead of the next storm. I'm sure everyone hopes they get the dam spillway fixed soon...

If you want to see something interesting,  Google the Oroville spillway, a huge section of it failed and they decided to use it anyway. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Coldest February day on record, second wettest with flooding in Perth and more serious flooding expected around regional areas of WA.  It only reached 17C, when we are rarely below 35C at this time of the year.  Incredible!

Even more incredible is the "horrifying" heatwave hitting the rest of Australia, usually much milder than the 40-45C sweltering they are getting at the moment (along with the power failures, hence no air-con, they are really suffering!).

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/maps-a-horrifying-three-day-heatwave-is-coming-for-australias-east-coast-2017-2

heatwave.jpg

Edited by hatcheckgirl

90 degrees here in Okla. today...or may get higher. :o  Man (playing 'God') messin' w/the weather (smh).  Our Almighty God, Jehovah, will soon force them to know who the TRUE God is.   "...the nations *will have to know* I am Jehovah.." (Ezek.39:7)

1 hour ago, SusanE said:

90 degrees here in Okla. today...or may get higher. :o  Man (playing 'God') messin' w/the weather (smh).  Our Almighty God, Jehovah, will soon force them to know who the TRUE God is.   "...the nations *will have to know* I am Jehovah.." (Ezek.39:7)

I will meet you half way, 45degrees on the Oregon Coast. :)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

On Thursday, February 09, 2017 at 5:14 PM, Tortuga said:

If you want to see something interesting,  Google the Oroville spillway, a huge section of it failed and they decided to use it anyway. 

Oh my, the spillway failed, the lake is overflowing and major evacuations are in progress....

12 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Oh my, the spillway failed, the lake is overflowing and major evacuations are in progress....

This came in on my scanner app.

I posted the story in the In the News section.

Then, I saw this post^_^.

Merge sign.jpgMerge sign2.jpg  Grin Big.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif