JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Nevada lawmaker seeks precautionary ban on human microchips

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2308 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

8 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Do the current chips transmit it's location or does it just store data?

I'm not sure of their capabilities anymore.  When I was thinking about getting one for a dog I read up some about them but that was back in the dark ages..

Other comments in this thread probably answer that. .

8 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

I dedicated my life to Jehovah and to that end I spend a lot of my time learning about Him and His ways and His Organization and I trust that if this issue does come up then we all will have adequate instructions from His mouthpiece here on Earth. ...

Consider this scripture

However, brothers, concerning the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we ask you not to be quickly shaken from your reason nor to be alarmed either by an inspired statement or by a spoken message or by a letter appearing to be from us, to the effect that the day of Jehovah is here.

[...]

So, then, brothers, stand firm and maintain your hold on the traditions that you were taught, whether it was by a spoken message or by a letter from us.

And now imagine, if you will, this purely ficticious scenario.

The world is in turmoil. The oceans are roaring, symbolically speaking, Great Tribulation style anxieties abound. Mankind is plagued with a few remaining religious nutjob terrorists hellbent on recreating the previous status quo. Jehovah's Witness Kingdom Halls are closed and sealed, meetings only take place at private homes. Jw.org hasn't been updated in weeks. Now, the announcement is made that the implantation of RFID chip technology into any person supporting the new style of government and wanting to partake in the economic system is unavoidable to smoke out the last remaining resistance against this new order and also other crime, such as illegal weapons trade, drug trade and tax evasion, all the heavy burdens on society. This kind of thing would be unthinkable for mankind to accept, only that people are living in actual fear for the future, and a perfectly orchestrated propaganda campaign sells this massive incursion into privacy as a necessary step for the global society. People begin buying into the narrative. The brothers argue among each other whether this thing is acceptable or not. A sister claims that her aunt knows a brother who knows Brother Sanderson [random choice], one of the last remaining of the Governing Body, personally, and supposedly he tweeted that it should be clear for all brothers that this is fulfillment of bible prophecy. However, the very next day, upon going on jw.org, the main page makes it clear that the RFID chip is acceptable for all brothers, since we are to pay Caesars things to Caesar.

This is just a ficticious scenario, of course, but I think it illustrates the dilemma well that in the end, we need to hone our spiritual senses to things happening in the world. Yes, we rely on the Slave to help us through this system of things. However, the same Slave has also repeatedly admonished us to hone our own senses, since we can be cut off from the Slave for a very long time. Take for example the Brothers who were imprisoned for years, even decades. Also, we are not a cult who hangs on the lips of imperfect human beings, who I might add as individuals are also capable of succumbing to the same fears that threaten us spiritually.

All I'm saying is that, if it were really to come so far that an oppressive regime demands that everybody get some kind of mandatory implant or other device or modification to continue to partake in the economic system, that is a clear fulfillment of Revelation in my eyes and I'd rather play it safe and rely on my own conscience.

In any case, it needs to be clear to us that we are going to be dropouts of society in some way at some point in the future.

Oh, and I love you, too.

Edited by ChocoBro

7 hours ago, Shawnster said:

My wife's uncle can track his dog via GPS.  Not sure if it is a chip or separate GPS tracker. 

The RFID chip is a common transponder and an implantabe GPS chip is currently nonexistant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microchip_implant_(human)

I know there have been documentaries about parents wanting to chip their children for fear of them being kidnapped. But there is no such thing as an implantable GPS chip, though I believe there were backpacks with built-in GPS trackers (you need active GPS to locate somebody, a passive tracking device also needs some kind of power supply but all it does is log data).

http://www.trackingtheworld.com/articles/PassiveVersusActiveGPS.html

So if you wanted to use an RFID to track the movement of criminals etc., then you would need to place antenna gates all over the place and connect them all to a central server.

9 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

The result of that is I don't have any hard and fast opinions about any of them that I am willing to post. I  don't want to impose my thoughts onto my Spiritual family so I usually don't post them. 

I know where this system is headed, and I know that it will go from bad to worse. How it gets there doesn't really matter to me.

Love you, man...I hope the rest of your day goes well. ..

59 minutes ago, ChocoBro said:

All I'm saying is that, if it were really to come so far that an oppressive regime demands that everybody get some kind of mandatory implant or other device or modification to continue to partake in the economic system, that is a clear fulfillment of Revelation in my eyes and I'd rather play it safe and rely on my own conscience.

In any case, it needs to be clear to us that we are going to be dropouts of society in some way at some point in the future.

Oh, and I love you, too.

Bro, I am sure that if that scenario,  or any other scenario,  comes upon us that, one way or the other,  we will be fine. Look at all the times that Jehovah has rescued His people. 

It could be our Bible trained conscience,  it could be direction from the Slave,  either way,  if we are faithful and endure to the end we will be saved. ..

I do have hard and fast opinions.  I do know that I can seek help and I will get it, God promised.  I trust His word...

If this system makes it impossible to live without compromising,  well,  I guess I could use a nap, see y'all on the other side. ..

3 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

Bro, I am sure that if that scenario,  or any other scenario,  comes upon us that, one way or the other,  we will be fine.

Provided we rely on Jehovah (and each other) that we will be fine and heed the constant admontion not to be materialistic. Which is why I say no matter what is actually meant with the mark of the beast, we need to focus on having the mark of God.

“4 Go through the city, through Jerusalem, and put a mark on the foreheads of the men who are sighing and groaning over all the detestable things that are being done in the city.” And to the others he said in my hearing: “Go through the city after him and strike. Do not let your eye feel sorry, and do not feel any compassion. Old man, young man, virgin, little child, and women you should kill off completely. But do not go near to any man on whom there is the mark."

Ezekiel 9:4-6

If we do our utmost to be "marked for survival", we will surely be protected by the mark of the beast.

12 hours ago, Musky said:

We also need to be careful that we don't step in the mark of the beast while going from door to door. :)

You mean sidewalk flowers?

We were working a residential street in our territory and there were piles of sidewalk flowers strew down the sidewalk, I thought someones pet had an issue and the owner didn't do their duty, then we saw a bunch of wild turkey walking down the road. At least they were using the sidewalk.... 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Every 4 years the political signs make it look like the wild beast took a dump in everybody's yard 

have you noticed that some are still so proud this time, that they haven't bothered to cleanup their mess 

...   what does this have to do with chips?   ...   oh, maybe buffalo chips

Edited by timpin

Some people keep insisting that the "Mark of the Beast" in Revelation is going to be a literal mark.  Back in the 90s it was believed this would be a tattooed bar code on the forehead or palm  Nowadays it seems the idea is an RFID chip implanted.  As technology has advanced, these ideas hae advanced

Even some Witnesses are starting to promote this thinking as if that scripture in Revelation about the Mark of the Beast has not been fulfilled or completely fulfilled yet  After all, here in the United States we don't need to use some literal mark of the beast or profess our allegiance to the government in order to buy or sell merchandise.  Therefore, they conclude, there must be a later fulfillment.

This thinking ignore the composite nature of the the book of Revelation  The entire prophecy takes place since 1914 and it has the effect worldwide.  The "mark of the beast" and the implanting in the palm and forehead has been visible since 1914.  The mark is also visible worldwide, including those nations that lack electricity, computers, barcode readers or RFID detectors.  

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I understand this could be good for tracking criminals, pedophiles, etc. My only concern would be that it could also be used to track people say JWs for instance for bad purposes. I would probably decline. :lol:

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

• 4 months later...
9 hours ago, Thike Salvmu said:

Food for thought.

A digital brain interface sounds like creepy science fiction, but eerily, mankind is closer to developing a viable product than many people believe. You can't tell me having something in your brain as a digital input device won't mess with your mental health in the long run.