JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Anyone running Kodi on computer?

I don't have much experience with Kodi, but I have used 'Exodus' and it it really awesome! You get all the latest movies and tv shows in hd. You might want to try 'Phoenix'  as well. With Phoenix you will have some live TV as well as movies.
Let me know what works out.
I am preparing for a long time to buy a Raspberry Pi and equip it with Kodi and ditch the cable at home. I am just lacking a proper TV with HDMI and stuff... i still got old TV, the ones that are like a box :D  

LOL Go to a pawn shop they wil sell new tv's for cheap. Just get one that will do 1080p and not a plazma. They are energy hogs. I actually have exodus so I will do some more looking around. How do you get rid of the shows and movies with Korean subtitles? LOL

We watched passengers last night. It was really good but had Korean subtitles in it and I couldnt turn them off.  Also wondering about suppliers that look like garbage low rez and stufff? How do I get rid of those.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

I believe this is a public area and wonder if Kodi should be talked about.

Of couse key word is copyrighted content which is popular when it comes to this program.

So can you get in trouble for using Kodi to stream copyrighted content? The short answer is yes.

Kodi has absolutely nothing to do with copyrighted content. Nothing. Zero involvement.
Kodi is just the platform for watching and streaming content such as movies and music. Don't get things mixed up.
Addons for kodi on the other hand...

Sent from my LG-H440n using Tapatalk

So can you get in trouble for using Kodi to stream copyrighted content? The short answer is yes.

Care to elaborate?

Sent from my LG-H440n using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Greg Dent said:

Would you mind telling me what utility you use for HD tv shows and movies?  I have a good one but it has Korean subtitles and that is annoying. 

The thing with the korean subs is that because the movie is new and it's the only release of the movie so far, and the subs are hardcoded. Once Blu-Ray gets released, usually about 6 months after premiere, then we can finally look for quality rips. Most of the time, when i want to watch a good new movie, i wait for hd rips, but rarely i am just to excited to watch a movie, and i watch it in poor quality no matter the korean subs or whatever :) 

LOL If the movie is good enough I will buy the bluray .  Just was wondering thats all. I have not explored it much yet I downloaded Phoenix and Exodus. They seam to work pretty well. 

Also I will not get into a discussion about streaming. Its is not downloading or copying it is streaming. There is a big difference. So if you have a legal opinion and are a LAWYER then make another thread for it please. This is up to each one what they want to do. 

Edited by Greg Dent

1 hour ago, Greg Dent said:

So if you have a legal opinion and are a LAWYER then make another thread for it please. This is up to each one what they want to do. 

Not good to bend Greg's wire. :)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

No its not that at all Jerry. I just hate the throwing half facts back and forth. The arguing on a forum sometimes even though the person may not mean to covey emotion can be misread. There fore misinterpreted as having bad feelings toward the person it is directed. Too many times someone will post something and yes it will be technically correct it will not have all the information from a legal stand point. Especially in a subject like this. So why bother debating something that doesn't really matter in the end?

Streaming content is legal in Canada. so we cant blanket every country with the same laws or ideas one has from their area. 

12 minutes ago, Greg Dent said:

Streaming content is legal in Canada. so we cant blanket every country with the same laws or ideas one has from their area. 

Not to argue the use of streaming itself, but doesn't the source of the streaming impact the issue of violating copyrights? In other words if the movie is streamed from a source licensed to distibute it through streaming that would be legal, or if the source is streaming a pirated version of the the same movie it would be outside the law.

I am not sure if sreaming itself is illegal anywhere, but the content streamed might be illegal. 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

It seems that the only ones fighting for fines for copyright infringement are US companies that made flops, or their trolls.

I remember when 'Avatar' should have won at the Oscars, that his ex-wife's film 'Hurt Locker' won, which had bombed at the box office. I have never seen it.

It is illegal for these companies to harass & threaten Canadians, but some do anyway. I believe the current policy ( in news a few days ago ) is that your IPS can send you a couple of warnings.

In extreme cases the IPS maybe able to cut off your internet ( ? )

Interdependent IPS are usually better for consumers. My IPS lowered price by $3, while the big ones raised their price.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping: