JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Book of Luke (Study Edition) Now Available

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2586 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

sorry, I misplaced this at first   ...   

This is really cool.  

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/gallery/r1/lp-e/nwtsty/E/2017/42/321

You get to go inside.

fascinating   ... http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/gallery/r1/lp-e/nwtsty/E/2017/42 

Edited by timpin

I was just enjoying the daily text within WT Library 2016, when everything seemed to freeze up for a while. I was connected to the internet at the time, so it finally dawned on me that WT Library had detected an update, and was in the process of getting it. It downloaded a 173 megabyte update, but Luke was not part of it. However, the meeting schedule for midweek meeting is. Excellent!!!

2 minutes ago, blue-jay said:

Is the paper study edition as announced at the 2013 annual meeting still planned?

If so, I wonder what that will look like? Maybe some extra information at the beginning of each Bible book? Maybe even next to the chapters? But it can't be too much or it would get too big/fat!

Sister Jay, it will be only electronic... If possibly, dvds are needed for highlights of the book of the Bible like Luke. But considering that our recent videos only become handy thru download... Study edition of the Bible in physical is impossible :) 

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

4 hours ago, Alexa said:

Sister Jay, it will be only electronic... If possibly, dvds are needed for highlights of the book of the Bible like Luke. But considering that our recent videos only become handy thru download... Study edition of the Bible in physical is impossible :) 

You mean they can't make an origami pop-up that plays a video.  Give em time and they will find a way. :lol1:

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

4 hours ago, blue-jay said:

Is the paper study edition as announced at the 2013 annual meeting still planned?

I don't remember them announcing a paper study edition. Do you know where I can find that announcement?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

I don't remember them announcing a paper study edition. Do you know where I can find that announcement?

Unless you know a way I can take you back in time to the actual annual meeting, no.

But we've had this discussion here before. Some remember and some don't. But it was announced that in addition to the Bible we received then and there, there would be a pocket Bible, a large print Bible, and a study Bible.

1 hour ago, blue-jay said:

Unless you know a way I can take you back in time to the actual annual meeting, no.

But we've had this discussion here before. Some remember and some don't. But it was announced that in addition to the Bible we received then and there, there would be a pocket Bible, a large print Bible, and a study Bible.

Ok, I just didn't remember them saying it would be a paper study edition, maybe I misunderstood...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

48 minutes ago, vern said:

i want a new full book concordance...  -.-

In JWLibrary you can search any word in the Bible(s) or publications and bring up all verses, top verses and even reference articles, along with a count. Easiest concordance and light weight.

You can also search in the WOL sorted by Bible only, or with other publications.

why do so many keep forcing/asking for paper copies of everything, it's 2017 -  electronic / digital age - we're trying to keep costs down while translating as much as possible and as quick as possible to help find and save lives before the final curtain   ...   Jehovah, Jesus and the FDS have everything under control   ...   just go with it.

4 hours ago, vern said:

thats nice.....  but i do like  a book concordance.....strictly speaking only has all words posted in all there occurrences.

My granddaughter pointed out to me the "search" icon in the digital NWT Bible (the magnifying glass at the top of the page).  You can type in ANY word (or series of words) and the electronic concordance will show them and their location.  You can search all occurrences, most popular or exact matches of multiple words.  There is no printed concordance that can do better and it is already built into the Bible we use.  We can use it today.

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

My granddaughter pointed out to me the "search" icon in the digital NWT Bible [In JWLibrary] (the magnifying glass at the top of the page).  You can type in ANY word (or series of words) and the electronic concordance will show them and their location.  You can search all occurrences, most popular or exact matches of multiple words.  There is no printed concordance that can do better and it is already built into the Bible we use.  We can use it today.

Just to be clear, you do mean the JWlibrary/ bible correct?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

why do so many keep forcing/asking for paper copies of everything, it's 2017 -  electronic / digital age - we're trying to keep costs down while translating as much as possible and as quick as possible to help find and save lives before the final curtain   ...   Jehovah, Jesus and the FDS have everything under control   ...   just go with it.

Well.. for some it's not a choice they make for themselves...

For example: I did everything digital. Preparing for meetings, the meeting itself, reading of magazines etc. etc.

But at a certain point I didn't feel the same anymore. Although I was "collecting" the information, it was not really absorbed.

So after a few months I spoke with a few elders in my congregation about it and their advise was: go directly back to the paper editions.

So for me.. when I read something from a screen, it is not really touching me. So as long as the organisation provides paper copies of publications in Dutch, I highly prefer these ones.

Edit: their advise worked btw.. and because I'm only 23 now, I think this has nothing (or little) to do with age..

And to keep on topic. No, I think the Study-Bible edition is beautiful in the way it is, digital (but only if I have my paper bible next to me)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G903F met Tapatalk

you are right Sebastian, I didn't mean to come off so hard and cold - I should have said just "try" to go with it - it's not easy to change, and I am also having a tough time adapting completely  - I understand your lack of absorption and not being touched also (somewhat disconnected)

Edited by timpin

13 hours ago, vern said:

thats nice.....  but i do like  a book concordance.....strictly speaking only has all words posted in all there occurrences.

vern,

I would like to have study edition of whole NWT in pocket size. :) I know I want too much. :)))