JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW.ORG Ban refused by russian court?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2583 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

That is a three year old news article, am I missing something as JW.ORG is still banned.

Posted By: starconnecton: January 25, 2014

Edited by rocket

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Yes, please, we have heard it both ways. Is JW.org banned in Russia?

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

9 hours ago, Old said:

Yes, please, we have heard it both ways. Is JW.org banned in Russia?

Unfortunately it is BANNED. That means that every publication and video with its name is banned. It is a serious problem. We can use very few tools. If somebody can remove from our videos I would appreciate such help very much.

The website was banned , then was unbanned(if such words exist:). But now it is BANNED again. Russia is the only country that banned it.

3 hours ago, Greg Dent said:

I dont know why that site used it as new news then? Stupid. 

Because it was news 3 years ago.

You just have to look at the link and you'll see the date is from Jan 2014.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

On 27.02.2017 at 4:11 PM, Shawnster said:

What do you mean?  Can you reword this?

I am sorry it is difficult for me to explain in English. I mean if somebody can cut the name of the website or make it invisible and upload the videos without any logoes. You know the logo of our website is everywhere : on kingdom halls, public witness carts and so on. I am not sure you understand what I am trying to say But never mind. It is not very important. We have some videos we can use.

23 hours ago, Shawnster said:

What do you mean?  Can you reword this?

Our videos are forbidden in Russia because they contain the JW.org logo, which is a banned website. If someone could edit out the JW.org logo from those videos Russian brothers could use them with more freedom.

I think that's what Victoria means.

21 minutes ago, carlos said:

Our videos are forbidden in Russia because they contain the JW.org logo, which is a banned website. If someone could edit out the JW.org logo from those videos Russian brothers could use them with more freedom.

I wonder why the branch does not do that. Perhaps it's good to wait and see first.

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

7 hours ago, Victoria said:

I am sorry it is difficult for me to explain in English. I mean if somebody can cut the name of the website or make it invisible and upload the videos without any logoes. You know the logo of our website is everywhere : on kingdom halls, public witness carts and so on. I am not sure you understand what I am trying to say But never mind. It is not very important. We have some videos we can use.

You make a good point Sister

agape.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

7 hours ago, carlos said:

The question is, if some one was to do that and make it available by a download link, would that bring unneeded harm to our Russian friends and our struggle to obey their laws however. 

yes, it's not a good idea to try to cut the logo on videos. You should be wise for your safety.

I'm sure you're not abandoned by the the faithful and discreet slave...

I'm sure you receive special food at the right time...

because Jehovah loves you!

we are all proud of your integrity and we continue to pray for all of you, dear brothers and sisters.

6 hours ago, rocket said:

The question is, if some one was to do that and make it available by a download link, would that bring unneeded harm to our Russian friends and our struggle to obey their laws however. 

Would downloading something that was not banned make harm for our brothers? How about down loading something from JWtalk?

Your right about one thing we are talking about Russia, actual law means little.

I don't understand the last part. If it is only logo that is banned how is that a violation of the law. Not the best example, but Singapore bans any explicit sex, but if those parts are removed from an American movie they still allow the movie into the country since the laws are not violated. (Their position may have changed, this was from several years ago.)

If it isn't sponsered by the WT&TS would it harm? We still hear from Victoria.

I assume if it is a problem the Branch will rule on it.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

We have some edited videos. It is OK to use them. No logo - no  problem:-) I just want more videos. And I am afraid our Branch Office will be closed soon:( 

I can cut the end of the video myself But sometimes the logo appears in the middle of the video or if I cut it I cut the last words too 

Hi Victoria   :wave:...Wished I could help you out in this area. Do you have access to a video editor type app, that you can edit or shade the logos out ?

If you have a chance to check out In the General Discussion & Everyday Chit Chat topic under "Post a Picture...Any picture", I posted a picture of a theocratic Doberman Pinscher dog from Russia named Greta that a sister takes out in the field service with her. In the picture the dog has a magazine in her mouth that's maybe 3 or 4 years old.

I noticed that the magazine has no Logo on the front cover...or it may have been edited out. Just wondering also if some of our WT and Awake magazines in Russia have the Logos edited out to be used in field service discreetly ?   

Would Morning Worship videos be sufficient for now? Can you list a Preference? For example morning worship, monthly program, experiences, music videos etc.

I think it wise to let the elders in Russia along with the branch handle that. They are more familiar with the ins and outs. We could make it worst by trying to jump in without direction. 

Jehovah and the FS are not going want anyone and everyone sending literature...digital or paper,  under the present circumstances. People could be imprisoned..... or whatever. We don't want that risk. Let the brothers take care of it. 

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

On 01.03.2017 at 7:58 AM, Precision said:

Hi Victoria   :wave:...Wished I could help you out in this area. Do you have access to a video editor type app, that you can edit or shade the logos out ?

If you have a chance to check out In the General Discussion & Everyday Chit Chat topic under "Post a Picture...Any picture", I posted a picture of a theocratic Doberman Pinscher dog from Russia named Greta that a sister takes out in the field service with her. In the picture the dog has a magazine in her mouth that's maybe 3 or 4 years old.

I noticed that the magazine has no Logo on the front cover...or it may have been edited out. Just wondering also if some of our WT and Awake magazines in Russia have the Logos edited out to be used in field service discreetly ?   

Hi Michael! I think I should learn how to edit videos but it is difficult for me. Even more difficult than speaking English :-)

The magazine in the dog's mouth does not have even the name Watchtower or Awake. We had such magazines but now we recieve nothing. I don't remember when we stopped getting publications. 

Your English is fine...much much better than my Russian  :D  

Wished I could help you out in editing the videos for you. Sorry...but my technical skills are so lacking.  I have never seen the magazines before without any logos. 

Are you allowed to preach just using the New World translation or can you ask the householder if you can share a scripture using their own bible ? 

I could try to edit the videos no problem if you really need one. Though I'm not sure if it's a wise idea myself. What exactly is banned? Access to jw.org? Or any publication downloaded from jw.org?

The videos I'd make wouldn't have any jw.org graphics or metatags (I think) or anything... However, you'd have to make sure the audio doesn't refer to jw.org or anything else that's banned.

In general, I see this with mixed feelings. I understand the passion of wanting to share these excellent videos with householders, but it's not like this is Soviet Russia and you're completely cut off from the FDS and need to make your own leaflets using an illegal press or typewriter, right? ;)