JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Mass grave of babies found at former Catholic orphanage

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2503 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This story hit the world this morning, my time. 

If it's true, it's downright horrific, but I'm not sure.

Two or three years ago, there was a similar story released, and it was later proven to be dramatically false. The similarities are enough that I'm crossing my fingers this is the same. You know how world media works now. One person exaggerates to get published, thirty people re-post it because it's a huge headline, one of them is mainstream, and then all hell breaks loose.

Does anyone know for sure?

Edited by Shawnster

Title change fie clarity

Yes Thomas it's true. .I live in Ireland.  Believe me this is only the tip of the ice berg. 

So so sad. .on the radio yesterday they were interviewing some of the poor women involved who has been put in one of these homes for unmarried women and girls. .They were sobbing and could hardly be interviewed.  Ireland is in uproar once again. ..ministry is hard here,  no one wants to know about religion on the backs of this kind of thing .

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

12 minutes ago, anniebea said:

Yes Thomas it's true. .I live in Ireland.  Believe me this is only the tip of the ice berg. 

Yikes. The story I heard two years ago, I said to myself: "There is a limit after all." Guess that was naive.

12 minutes ago, anniebea said:

Ireland is in uproar once again. ..ministry is hard here,  no one wants to know about religion on the backs of this kind of thing .

No doubt. I live in Australia. We've never experienced anything like the religious wrath of the Catholic/Protestant powers.

When I talk to people who have a hatred of religion, I ask them:

"If this ticks you off, imagine how God must feel. Everything they do, they sign His name to it."

Tuam: The burial site at Tuam mother-and-baby home in County Galway

Shockingly after decades of suspicions, out of 800 children who died as residents of the Catholic run facility at Tuam, only 1 burial record was found. Massive government appointed investigation. Sadly more than 12 of these overcrowded shelters existed in Ireland.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/experts-find-mass-grave-at-ex-catholic-orphanage-in-ireland/ar-AAnL1MJ?li=BBnb4R7

Edited by Precision

• 2 months later...

(Revelation 18:4, 5) And I heard another voice out of heaven say: “Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues. 5 For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind.