JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Severe Weather Forecast for Several States

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2593 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Western Arkansas:

http://www.arkansastechnews.com/university/severe-weather-alert-for-monday-march-6/

Central Iowa:

http://www.kcci.com/article/iowa-part-of-severe-storm-risk-area1/9095516

Across the Midwest, all of Nebraska, Missouri and into the South:

https://weather.com/storms/severe/news/severe-storms-midwest-south-early-march

Stay 'situationally alert' and safe, brothers and sisters in these locations, and have your go bags ready to go.  :(

DCT_SPECIAL2_1280x720.jpg?v=ap&w=1280&h=

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

This winter has been brutal for us in Northern California. Not dramatic, but etching away at our nerves. We get snow. Snow is not bad if the land is somewhat flat. But we live on the side of a mountain. Lots of rain. And the roads are just slipping out. A major highway, 101 is slipping into the ocean in Del Norte county. We have our state highway closed. And, at this point, I don't plan on traveling after dark, if that. I may have to use a back road to get out of town. We are burning right through our 5 cords of wood. My husband will have to take down the rain gutters this year. They have been beaten up by snow. He will paint under them. (He does good maintenance on the house) Snow is still thundering off the house. When it falls, the whole house shudders. 

Yes, spring is close by, for which lots of us appreciate!

i do have to say that I prayed not to get snowed in for the CO's visit. Prayers answered. We are waiting to hear they made it home safe. They had to go over a couple of mountain passes. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I head on the Weather Channel this morning that, after the 30 tornadoes last night, that there have been over 300 tornadoes this year in the US .... so far - the most ever recorded this early in the year!

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I feel for the people living in those areas affected by bad tornadoes.  We may hear of one a year in Oregon but they never get above a cat F0-F1 and F1 is really stretching it.  The only exception to that was a  April 5, 1972 Cat F3 that hit Vancouver, WA - Portland, OR killing 6 people.  To get anything close to that, one would have to go back to 1894.  The closest to my home in recent years was 5 miles a few years ago and it was a F0 but even that gives you a wake up call.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Storm Stella is on the way - from Tuesday early AM - Wednesday? 

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/13/us/northeast-winter-weather/

New York City could get up to 20 inches, Mayor Bill De Blasio said Monday, as well as coastal flooding

and wind gusts as high as 40 to 50 mph. Boston could get up to 18 inches, forecasters said.

De Blasio said New York City public schools will be closed Tuesday.

"This should be a very serious blizzard, one that everyone should take seriously," de Blasio said.

Shoppers began tweeting photos of long lines and empty shelves at grocery stores.

The snow is expected to begin after midnight in New York City. The period of most accumulation should be between 6 a.m. and noon Tuesday, with a possible 2 to 4 inches per hour then and whiteout potential, de Blasio said.

I searched the boards and count not find a posting!  Please delete this if I missed it!

Thank you!

Edited by CyreJay