JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

God's Name - Yahweh or Jehovah?

Just to throw another rock into the pond ( making waves ). :)

Some claim that the original pronunciation in the King James Bible - 1611 edition is probably close to the Hebrew.

By the way - it is spelled 2 different ways - one way with a v and  another with a both starting with an i.  :shutup::deadhorse:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

14 minutes ago, pnutts said:

Just to throw another rock into the pond ( making waves ). :)

Some claim that the original pronunciation in the King James Bible - 1611 edition is probably close to the Hebrew.

By the way - it is spelled 2 different ways - one way with a v and  another with a both starting with an i.  :shutup::deadhorse:

Yes, I never noticed that until you mentioned it in another thread. Good catch.

Ex 6:3         IEHOVAH

Is 12:2     IEHOVAH

Is 26:4     Iehouah

Ps 83:18   IEHOVAH

On 7/26/2017 at 3:15 AM, Bjern said:

Is that video available in English? I didn't find one with a search of: what is God's name

5 hours ago, M&M said:

Thank you, I didn't realize that when he said "What is God's name" he was referring to the video: "Does God have a name". The video is the same pictures so thank you for that Matthew.

Sorry, I didn't get the name of the video right. I posted the link so that we can all hear how the Divine Name is pronounced in Modern Hebrew ~ which notably is pronounced with a "v" sound for the letter "Vav".

• 3 months later...
On 3/13/2017 at 8:01 PM, Stormswift said:

Good morning all ... just thought I'd share a very informative and positive movie about the use of God's name, the pronunciation and why his name was 'forgotten' and interestingly how some now are acknowledging that Jehovah is certainly God's True name.

This movie is NOT affiliated to jw.org but it seems there has been input or the narrator could well be a Jehovah's Witness. Enjoy I did - in fact im trying to type it all out ver batum, to keep some of the points on hand.

The video does not play. :((

13 hours ago, annakot said:

Is there any proof that Gerard Gertoux is one of Jehovah's Witnesses?

I'm not sure of what you would consider proof. :)

He introduced himself as one of Jehovah's Witnesses when I contacted him some years ago. He has also published several research papers in which he quotes from the NWT and that mostly agree with what we believe. He seems to have a disagreement with the 607/587 date though. I don't know his current status within the congregation right now.

20 minutes ago, carlos said:

I'm not sure of what you would consider proof.

Good question! :)

I was hoping someone might have something up to date, like that they spoke with him recently and he confirmed that he was......

Thanks for your reply in any case! :)

On 11/2/2017 at 1:28 PM, jayrtom said:

@carlos

Is it possible for you to get a file with the Spanish subtitles for the video on discussion in this thread? I would love to translate it to Portuguese and having a synchronized file is half the work ;) 

Thank you very much

@jayrtom I prepared this file, I hope that's what you need. I used a software that OCRs the screen and produces that file. I didn't find any easier way to extract the subtitles.

DVD_Spa.srt

• 2 months later...
On 3/13/2017 at 4:01 PM, Stormswift said:

Enjoy I did - in fact im trying to type it all out ver batum, to keep some of the points on hand.

Mandi, would you be so kind sis to share your notes with those who could not see it before it was deleted from YT?

Hopefully I still have them ... I'll take a look. I lost a whole lot from my last Assembly day so hopefully they weren't amongst those I lost - I should print out all my notes.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Just wondering...why haven’t we seen any articles from the GB mentioning on this Nehemia Gordon? Or did I just miss it.

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

• 2 months later...

Found it! it's been put up again. This is brilliant.

And another one - this one is more intriguing, and uses part of our video from the 2016 convention. Not a fan of the distorted voice over.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."