JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Simon Cowell gets a copy of the NWT!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2593 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Since we have not had a campaign to get our Bible into the hands of the public I wonder what they were doing on the beach that they got the NWT into Simon's hands. Is it something he requested? That could be interesting. 

Regarding his celebrity, he is one of the more famous people in the music world. I thought he was just full of himself on the talent show, but it appears that he can speak with authority when it comes to musical talent.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I just do not get posing for a picture just because I placed literature with someone. Since I do not pose for "selfies" when I place something at the door, why would I do that just because they are "famous"?

:confused::shrugs::eek::wall::no:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

3 hours ago, Qapla said:

I just do not get posing for a picture just because I placed literature with someone. Since I do not pose for "selfies" when I place something at the door, why would I do that just because they are "famous"?

:confused::shrugs::eek::wall::no:

To encourage others? 'No one is unreachable' etc?

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

1 hour ago, mserskine said:

He was a judge on the TV show American Idol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Cowell

Hehe, thanks Brother Michael,  I do actually know who he is, I was just being a wee bit snarky. :D  I  am not a fan of his nor do I watch that show though I do know that many of the friends do. I  just wanted to take a cheap shot at him because so many people idolize him..

My bad---

i think it is a question of who requested for the that photo to be taken.is it cowell himself or is it the sisters.if its cowell,i think its ok for him to want to be seen with Jehovah's witnesses infact,it could be a sign of spiritual progress.
BUT,if its the sisters who requested to take that photo with him,then i honestly feel that there is a problem with that.do you take photos with everyone of your bible students after giving them a copy of the bible in order to make them feel special? if no,so why do that with simon cowell?-james 2:1-4. we always need to be careful so as to avoid deceiving ourselves with false reasonings - james 1:22.
as we go about our ministries,we need to endeavor to treat every equal.so that we do not give anyone bad impression about ourselves.

Sent from my TECNO P9 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, jwhess said:

It is not Mr. Cowell, but in 2013 when we went to the broadcast and got our new Bibles, they even gave the children one.  This is a picture of one of my granddaughters with hers.  She still has it.

I prefer your picture, jwhess! >:D<

Sorry, EccentricM, for being honest! :)

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

5 hours ago, jwhess said:

It is not Mr. Cowell, but in 2013 when we went to the broadcast and got our new Bibles, they even gave the children one.  This is a picture of one of my granddaughters with hers.  She still has it.

Shelby & Bible2 (2016_09_01 22_33_47 UTC).JPG

Awesome picture! !

That's so cool,  she is a little cutie...

I can see the family resemblance. ..I bet you smile that grampa smile every time you see her, right? ...I do, with my own, I'm sure I'm not alone....

16 hours ago, ishaya moses said:

i think it is a question of who requested for the that photo to be taken.is it cowell himself or is it the sisters.if its cowell,i think its ok for him to want to be seen with Jehovah's witnesses infact,it could be a sign of spiritual progress.emoji4.png
BUT,if its the sisters who requested to take that photo with him,then i honestly feel that there is a problem with that.do you take photos with everyone of your bible students after giving them a copy of the bible in order to make them feel special? if no,so why do that with simon cowell?-james 2:1-4. we always need to be careful so as to avoid deceiving ourselves with false reasonings - james 1:22.
as we go about our ministries,we need to endeavor to treat every equal.so that we do not give anyone bad impression about ourselves.

Sent from my TECNO P9 using Tapatalk

So true! I remember before some years we had a convention in a hotel's convention hall. During the break of the program, some young brothers noticed two famous singers waiting at reception. One of the singers is a hip hop singer using bad words in his songs. It was very sad when the young brothers took photos with them and autographs. Can you imagine the brother wearing nice suit next to a person who is dressing as a hip hoper, taking photo together? Very ashamed