JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1363 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

2 hours ago, Victoria said:

I will try to!:-)

I remeber not too long ago I was preaching with a sister. We knocked on a door an heard a huge dog barking... I turned to say to the sister "My, that dog sounds big" she was not there.   She'd ran off down the road...lol... she's terrified of dogs.  It was very funny.   We are ALL scared of things, our courage is not because we are not scared, our courage comes from JEHOVAH.  He will make us strong when we face tests, like Jeremiah, Jehovah will "fool" us and enable us to do and face things which we believed were impossible.

Trust in Jehovah, do what is good.

Edited by sunshine

9 hours ago, EccentricM said:

Would love to send off this printed picture in the mail to Putin lol. 

0b1dad8fbf1913747aa2cce4baed877e_let-my-

Hee, hee - I am not sure that Charlton Heston would enjoy that mailing.

Oh, he wouldn't care, he died 9 years ago...

5 hours ago, sunshine said:

I remeber not too long ago I was preaching with a sister. We knocked on a door an heard a huge dog barking... I turned to say to the sister "My, that dog sounds big" she was not there.   She'd ran off down the road...lol... she's terrified of dogs.  It was very funny.   We are ALL scared of things, our courage is not because we are not scared, our courage comes from JEHOVAH.  He will make us strong when we face tests, like Jeremiah, Jehovah will "fool" us and enable us to do and face things which we believed were impossible.

Good reminder.

7 hours ago, sunshine said:

Often what we fear ( such as the unknown), may be a protection.  Considering the beast turning on and attacking the high profile harlot.  If there are no kingdom halls, and God's people are nowhere to be found, because they are hiding in plain site, seems to me that would be a good thing. Trust in Jehovah and not rely on our own understanding.

11 hours ago, Luezette said:

Want more? Remember King Melchizedek? The slave also said that it's possible that it was one of Noah's sons...Shem.

I checked that statement with the Insight book and this is what I've found:

Insight, Volume 2 p. 920

Shem lived 500 years after fathering Arpachshad, dying at the age of 600 years. (Ge 11:10, 11) His death thus occurred some 13 years after the death of Sarah (1881 B.C.E.) and ten years after the marriage of Isaac and Rebekah (1878 B.C.E.). In view of this, it has been suggested that Shem may have been Melchizedek (meaning “King of Righteousness”), the king-priest to whom Abraham paid tithes. (Ge 14:18-20) The Bible record does not say this, however, and the apostle Paul shows that no available genealogical record or other vital statistics were left concerning Melchizedek, so that he became an apt type of Christ Jesus, who is King-Priest perpetually.—Heb 7:1-3.

Jehovah knows this all. He will make sure you all are okay. I think it is a time to stay ever so close to the organization. Cooperate even if you don't understand. Stay with us as long as you can, and if you should not be able to get to us, we willl pray for you even more! Soon we will be in that basement with you,  with all our wonderful experiences, upbuilding one another, as you have us. As that angel...maybe, yes, an angelic army acts in our behalf. Soon, dear ones, soon. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

19 hours ago, trottigy said:

It's interesting as they aren't our buildings now. They belong to the state. So, they are actually damaging state owned property. I bet the vandals hadn't thought of that. Once the state sees it.   :eek:

That is exactly happened when the Supreme Court of USA turn JW's down with regarding soluting the flag. A wave of persecution was brought upon them. Nobody learns.

Today's Text (Hebrews 11:6) brings out that if we don't have enough faith, we should ask Jehovah for more faith. We have been preaching the good news for decades! That takes faith! However, under persecution, we all need more faith! Our very motives for serving Jehovah are tested! I need to periodically ask myself...."What if I am found in a secret location...like a basement? Will I imitate the ones in our video who keep calm and bow there heads in prayer?" This is serious..not only for us personally, but most important, because of our stand for Jehovah's Soverignty..that is the main issue here..serious business and a great honor to be used by Jehovah. 1 Peter 1:7:wub: 

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Victoria, being anxious about something we can't control is like a rocking chair.  You can rock all you want but it WON'T get you anywhere.  Better to try to go with the flow and not worry about situations that haven't arisen yet - you have enough to deal with now!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Russia pulls trigger on Jehovah's Witnesses and, this time, mainstream media take notice

https://www.getreligion.org/getreligion/2017/4/23/russia-pulls-trigger-on-jehovahs-witnesses-and-this-time-mainstream-media-take-notice

Johan

Our elder said it was not OK.

Listen to the elders and follow their guidance.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

While we've always lived in serious times, these are seriously perilous times! 

Anything can happen at any given time. 

Yet at the same time, these are happy, exciting times! Jesus said that instead of being afraid and anxious we should raise our heads up for our deliverance is getting near (or near. I'm being lazy, forgive me :))

Bloomberg.com report/article on JW's:

Jehovah's Witnesses had Foes Before Putin

[...]but to Putin and his circle they still somehow appear disloyal because of their reluctance to join the big religions that maintain a relationship with the state and are controllable.

Disloyal?!  Well, we do hold dear the admonition given by the Apostle Peter, namely; "we must obey God as ruler rather than men".--Acts 5:29

“For a fact, the king to whom I am speaking so freely well knows about these things; I am convinced that not one of these things escapes his notice, for none of this has been done in a corner,” says the apostle Paul at Acts 26:26. So it is with the Russian ban on true religion. It has not been done in a corner. The Governing Body did not permit it to be done that way. Nobody who knows anything cannot have failed to hear of this. 

The entire affair, which our Russian brothers always thought was a long shot, is publicized so that as few as possible can say they were unaware. Let them declare themselves on one side or the other of Christianity. Let the American Dream church and the Independence Day, always intricately involved with the world, continue to pretend that they represent Jesus. All know who are truly following his command to ‘put down the sword.’ All know who are truly proclaiming ‘this good news of the Kingdom’ and living by its requirements even today.

Someone worries that other nations, far from being outraged, may take this as a template for banning Witnesses in their country, too. If it should happen, let it happen with maximum publicity, as this is receiving. How literally is Psalm 2:2 to be fulfilled? Let all publicly take their stand. Let it become clear before all who are God’s loyal ones and who are those who would fight against him. At some point the experiment of human self-rule must end. Has it not proven itself an obscene failure?

Our Russian brothers always thought it was a long shot. Rarely does the judicial branch in that country stand up to the executive branch, regardless of the evidence. It is the witness given that is most important. All have come to know that there is a nation in which every citizen cares personally about every other citizen. Our Russian brothers will forever know that their courageous stand, which they are prepared to continue, triggers massive traffic to jw.org – how could it be otherwise? as heretofore uninterested persons check to see if it is truly extremist. Of course, they will see that it is not. How will they respond to that?

Author of two ebooks and print, one on the opposition to the kingdom work in Russia, and one on the opposition in Western lands. Search: Tom Harley on Kindle and other ebook retailers.

Also please be aware that even if it's a "private" forum or personal messaging, emails etc. people can hack such things, so kindly remember not to give out overly personal info, etc. ^_^ Just a loving reminder from a fellow sheep.

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

1 hour ago, Victoria said:

The video of TV news is terrible as always. 

Yes this look legitimate.  Very nice report, and nice to see our brothers and sisters meeting together.  

https://www.rferl.org/a/russia-jehovahs-witnesses-extremists-supreme-court-ruling/28453497.html

It seems as if Newsweek is closely observing these events

IT’S NOT JUST JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES: BEFORE BAN, RUSSIA AMONG BIGGEST ABUSERS OF RELIGIOUS FREEDOM

BY JASON LE MIERE ON 4/26/17 AT 12:55 PM

http://www.newsweek.com/jehovahs-witnesses-ban-russia-religion-590350

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 7:29 PM, hatcheckgirl said:

Victoria, I am scared too of things I have to do now in the truth, (like informal witnessing - psychologically I need a "door").  Jehovah knows you are scared, and he doesn't think less of you.  It is such an awful situation.  But you will see that Jehovah will give you the courage when you need it.  He will be able to make you stand.  You know you are not alone with Him behind you, and his son, all the angels and the family you have all around the earth.  He did it in the past for the Israelites, and recently for the Russian brothers, so he will help you now too.

Then Moses said to the people: “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and see the salvation of Jehovah that he will perform for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you will never ever see again. Ex 14:13

Moses' words are even more powerful we consider that Moses himself was afraid to go to Pharaoh initially (Ex 3:11) and was worried his own people would reject the encouraging message he was told to deliver to them (Ex 4:1) and even after Jehovah supported him by showing him 2 signs (Ex 4:3, 6, 7) Moses was still worried about his lack of fluency (Ex 4:10). Yet when Pharaoh told him not to see his face again or he will die (Ex 10:28) Moses went back to give him the weighty message of his firstborn son dying. So by the time the Israelites seemed trapped by the Red Sea, Moses wasn't afraid at all and was able to boost the confidence of his brothers.

"People don't know what they like, they like what they know."

Of first century Christians, Paul wrote:

“Yes, others received their trial by mockings and scourgings, indeed, more than that, by chains and prisons. They were stoned, they were tried, they were sawn in two, they were slaughtered by the sword, they went about in sheepskins, in goatskins, while they were in need, in tribulation, mistreated; and the world was not worthy of them. They wandered about in deserts and mountains and caves and dens of the earth”….Hebrews 11:36-38

Author of two ebooks and print, one on the opposition to the kingdom work in Russia, and one on the opposition in Western lands. Search: Tom Harley on Kindle and other ebook retailers.

On 26.4.2017 at 6:04 AM, Gregexplore said:

I think Satan has hatred for any property used for Jehovah's worship! He is a psychopath! :wall:

There is no "sense" in ANY activity that he does.

That's it ! He thinks so humanly after all.  You could think he's a bit stupid and simple. Ya So sometimes he is:o

Satan fulfilled the Bible's words and at the same time demonstrated Jehovah's truth as God, even though it certainly was not Satan's purpose. For his wrath to truth and righteousness, and his proud, unpopular attitude led him to do exactly as God had foretold to do. Of all the opponents of truth, Satan himself, indeed holds true for the principle: "We can not do anything against the truth, but only for truth." (2 Corinthians 13: 8) W 97 1\6 8-9  So satan  you must do what ,, 

Spoiler

On NPR radio today, Here & Now segment ,  "Russian Government Cracking Down on Jehovah's Witnesses".  6 minute interview.

The brother interviewed is third-generation JW.  His father spent 7 years in prison.  His mother spent 4 years in prison.  He spent 1.5 years in prison.

Regarding persecution, I'm summarizing his comment,  'Been there - Done that'  and 'I have no fear'. 

Hope you all can find this interview that aired today, April 28.